Start by marking “Outriders” as Want to Read:
Outriders

Outriders (Birthright Project #1)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A new ark. An ancient enemy. Young warriors fighting the darkness.

Delivered through the polar ice by a whale, their journey is nothing short of miraculous and their mission is nothing short of impossible. Their quest is to reclaim God's birthright and preserve the original creation that is being mutated out of existence.

This daring team roams the blighted earth. They are O
Published November 9th 2005 by WestBow Press (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Outriders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Outriders

Debbie
This was overall a very enjoyable read, but there were a few points that keep me from fully enjoying the story despite several interesting characters and an interesting world.

First, much of this 'new' world revolves around genetic manipulation and mutation, but the author seems to know very little about the subject even though it's foundational to her version of the future. In the story, adult humans are routinely made into monstrous beings by unknowledgeable men using a seemingly inexhaustible
Jessica
Sep 19, 2007 Jessica rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 15 And Up
Shelves: fantasy, sci-fi
Interesting, a bit weird...and yet...fascinating all the same! :D

Here's what Outriders is about:

A new ark. An ancient enemy. Young warriors fighting the darkness.

This daring team roams the blighted earth. They are Outriders, young warriors who
Jasmyn
The world has almost come to an end. Vast areas have been rendered desolate by bombs and disasters. What remains is ruled by evil overlords that force the people to undergo cruel experiments in the endless effort to rule over all. But hope is not lost. Far beneath the polar ice caps a second ark lies, housing people and animals untouched by the blight that has swept across the surface. The time has come for the Birthrighters, as they call themselves, to venture out into the world. Setting up out ...more
Rae
Mar 17, 2013 Rae rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2008
Reactions:
This book is set in the future when the Earth is so polluted that mutants are common and mutations are considered a magic done by wizards. People choose to make their necks longer or later their appearance while others are held in custody and forced to change.

The Outriders are the group sent from a New Ark by God. God has sent them to help change the world and to protect what it has become and what still remains good. The characters: Niki, Cooper, Timothy, Dawnray, Alrod, Taryan, Anas
Robyn
Speculative fiction (Christian) I loved this series. Read both books, not it seems the publishers won't publish the third book in the series. I sure hope they change their minds, I loved this series.
Laurie
Initially, I thought I would be putting the book down within a few chapters, as it wasn't my genre. Then I thought the story was really bizarre. Once I was two chapters in, I was fascinated and hooked like a fish on a multi-worm line. Kathryn Mackel created this fantasy thriller with hideous creatures, evil sorcerers, wild adventures, and at the core is faith. A combination that makes you think of the world of the spirit, what lies behind our existence, and where our future lies...and with Whom.
Jeff Smith
Very good. Will definitely read the second book in the series.
Candi
May 23, 2011 Candi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: i-own
Amazing, like it was last time.

More review pending.
Joy Abney
I loved this book. Can't recommend it enough.
Elise
Excellent sci-fi/fantasy book that includes
Christian themes. Well written, worth a read!
Cory Lavelle
Cory Lavelle marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Cassidy Stokes
Cassidy Stokes marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Jingyi
Jingyi marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Caleb Lang
Caleb Lang marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Staci
Staci added it
Mar 01, 2015
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Kristie
Kristie marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Randal Licato
Randal Licato marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Jennifer Jungling
Jennifer Jungling marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Heather Lea
Heather Lea marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Jeannette
Jeannette marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Bailey
Bailey marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Hanna
Hanna marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Outriders 1 6 Aug 20, 2009 01:32PM
  • The Restorer's Journey (The Sword of Lyric #3)
  • The Book of the King (The Wormling, #1)
  • The Infinite Day (The Lamb among the Stars, #4)
  • The Charlatan's Boy
  • Failstate
  • Return to Alastair (Tahn Dorn #2)
  • Crown and Jewel (Bracken Trilogy, #2)
  • Singer in the Snow
  • Am I Okay, God? Devotionals from the Seventh Dimension
  • Firebird Trilogy (#1 - 3)
  • Last of the Nephilim (Oracles of Fire, #3)
  • Jolted: Newton Starker's rules for survival
  • Night of the Living Dead Christian: One Man's Ferociously Funny Quest to Discover What It Means to Be Truly Transformed
  • The Tide of Unmaking (The Berinfell Prophecies #3)
  • The Enclave
  • The Vanishing Sculptor (Valley of the Dragons, #1)
As a screenwriter (writing as Kathy Mackel), Kathryn Mackel has worked for Disney, Fox, and Showtime. She’s famous with the kids for the Disney movie Can of Worms. She was the credited screenwriter for Frank Peretti's Hangman's Curse (with Stan Foster) and part of the story team for Left Behind: The Movie.
More about Kathryn Mackel...

Birthright Project (2 books)
  • Trackers