Outriders

Outriders (Birthright Project #1)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A new ark. An ancient enemy. Young warriors fighting the darkness.

Delivered through the polar ice by a whale, their journey is nothing short of miraculous and their mission is nothing short of impossible. Their quest is to reclaim God's birthright and preserve the original creation that is being mutated out of existence.

This daring team roams the blighted earth. They are O...more
Published November 9th 2005 by WestBow Press (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Outriders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Outriders

Debbie
This was overall a very enjoyable read, but there were a few points that keep me from fully enjoying the story despite several interesting characters and an interesting world.

First, much of this 'new' world revolves around genetic manipulation and mutation, but the author seems to know very little about the subject even though it's foundational to her version of the future. In the story, adult humans are routinely made into monstrous beings by unknowledgeable men using a seemingly inexhaustible...more
Jessica
Sep 19, 2007 Jessica rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 15 And Up
Shelves: fantasy, sci-fi
Interesting, a bit weird...and yet...fascinating all the same! :D

Here's what Outriders is about:

A new ark. An ancient enemy. Young warriors fighting the darkness.

This daring team roams the blighted earth. They are Outriders, young warriors who...more
Jasmyn
The world has almost come to an end. Vast areas have been rendered desolate by bombs and disasters. What remains is ruled by evil overlords that force the people to undergo cruel experiments in the endless effort to rule over all. But hope is not lost. Far beneath the polar ice caps a second ark lies, housing people and animals untouched by the blight that has swept across the surface. The time has come for the Birthrighters, as they call themselves, to venture out into the world. Setting up out...more
Rae
Mar 17, 2013 Rae rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2008
Reactions:
This book is set in the future when the Earth is so polluted that mutants are common and mutations are considered a magic done by wizards. People choose to make their necks longer or later their appearance while others are held in custody and forced to change.

The Outriders are the group sent from a New Ark by God. God has sent them to help change the world and to protect what it has become and what still remains good. The characters: Niki, Cooper, Timothy, Dawnray, Alrod, Taryan, Anas...more
Robyn
Speculative fiction (Christian) I loved this series. Read both books, not it seems the publishers won't publish the third book in the series. I sure hope they change their minds, I loved this series.
Laurie
Initially, I thought I would be putting the book down within a few chapters, as it wasn't my genre. Then I thought the story was really bizarre. Once I was two chapters in, I was fascinated and hooked like a fish on a multi-worm line. Kathryn Mackel created this fantasy thriller with hideous creatures, evil sorcerers, wild adventures, and at the core is faith. A combination that makes you think of the world of the spirit, what lies behind our existence, and where our future lies...and with Whom....more
Jeff Smith
Very good. Will definitely read the second book in the series.
Candi
May 23, 2011 Candi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: i-own
Amazing, like it was last time.

More review pending.
Joy Abney
I loved this book. Can't recommend it enough.
Elise
Excellent sci-fi/fantasy book that includes
Christian themes. Well written, worth a read!
Sarah added it
Aug 01, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Tsubaki
Tsubaki marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Zac
Zac marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
pinkthecolour
pinkthecolour marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Melody Phillips
Melody Phillips marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Savannah Rohleder
Savannah Rohleder marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Kristen Stieffel
Kristen Stieffel marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Kateri
Kateri marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Gloria
Gloria added it
May 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Outriders 1 6 Aug 20, 2009 01:32PM
As a screenwriter (writing as Kathy Mackel), Kathryn Mackel has worked for Disney, Fox, and Showtime. She’s famous with the kids for the Disney movie Can of Worms. She was the credited screenwriter for Frank Peretti's Hangman's Curse (with Stan Foster) and part of the story team for Left Behind: The Movie.
More about Kathryn Mackel...
The Surrogate The Hidden Trackers Vanished The Departed