Start by marking “Prairie Christmas” as Want to Read:
Prairie Christmas

Prairie Christmas (A Town Called Hope)

Another great historical Christmas anthology from HeartQuest featuring Catherine Palmer, Elizabeth White, and Peggy Stoks. Each new story by these favorite authors celebrates faith, love, and the joy of Christmas. Each story is followed by a letter from the author and a favorite Christmas recipe. Readers of the Town Called Hope series will love Palmer's novella "A Rose for ...more
Published October 1st 2000 by Tyndale House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Prairie Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prairie Christmas

Mackenzie
Dec 03, 2012 Mackenzie rated it really liked it
Christmas sequel of A Town Called Hope Series.
Wendy Sparkes
Dec 09, 2014 Wendy Sparkes rated it really liked it
1st novella, A Christmas Bride by Catherine Palmer ~ 5*

I loved this novella featuring Lucy Cornwall & Rolf Rustemeyer from Catherine Palmer's A Town Called Hope series. It was lovely to see both of them finally get a happily ever after, and it was really nice that it was set during the Christmas season. I also loved Rolf's handmade ornaments and the meanings behind them...it was a nice touch to include them in.

2nd novella, Reforming Seneca Jones by Elizabeth White ~ 4*

I enjoyed this Christma
Dawn
Three Christmas Novellas set on the prairie.

The Christmas Bride - Rolf Rustemeyer is excited about his bride coming from Germany. He just wishes that there was a way to make his friend Lucy Cornwall just as happy.

My thoughts - It was a pleasure to return to the town of Hope. I'd read this years ago, and while this one wasn't my favorite of the collection, it was still sweet. 3 stars

Reforming Senecca Jones - Annie Fitzgerald and her younger brother arrive in Ft Kearney to join their older brothe
Annalisa
Nov 26, 2011 Annalisa rated it really liked it
This is three short stories/novellas by three separate authors in one book and includes some tasty recipes. They are completely separate stories that do not relate to one another but share a prairie theme. I enjoy prairie reads as well as Christmas stories so I enjoyed these short stories. I think I prefer the second story to the other 2.

Amazon Book Description:
Joy
I picked up this book mainly to read the first story, The Christmas Bride by Catherine Palmer, as it was a brief continuation of her Town Called Hope series. I very much enjoyed that series, and while the novella was pleasant enough, I found it lacking. It was just too short. Don't get me wrong though, I loved seeing the characters again and finding out what happened to Rolf and Lucy, I just feel they deserved a longer story.

The story Reforming Seneca Jones was only ok and I could not get into
Jenna
Jun 08, 2008 Jenna rated it liked it
This was a fun little book I just read for relaxation purposes - a few sweet little stories of God bringing couples together... The type of book that takes no thought to read, and leaves a smile on your face... :)
Mandy McHenry
Jan 09, 2011 Mandy McHenry rated it liked it
It was okay. First story was the best I think. Just a book that caught my eye on the shelf because it was in the Christmas season at the time.
Ann
Mar 15, 2010 Ann rated it really liked it
unique heroines--abuse survivors, elderly couples, 3 short stories here that were quick to read and easy to relate to...
Faith
The first story was excellent, the second story was good, and the third story was okay. I read the first two and skimmed the last one.
Sarah Sieg
Sarah Sieg rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2015
Debra Mattli
Debra Mattli rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2014
Kassile
Kassile rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Kris
Kris rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2016
Jennie Lanz
Jennie Lanz rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2012
Rita
Rita rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2012
Kerry
Kerry rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2011
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2013
Suz
Suz rated it it was ok
Sep 30, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2014
L.L. Gappa
L.L. Gappa rated it liked it
May 17, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2008
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2009
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2010
Joanna
Joanna rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2009
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2012
Brandi
Brandi rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2014
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2009
Clara
Clara rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2009
June
June rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • An Unforeseen Match (A Match Made in Texas, #2)
  • Meeting Her Match (A Match Made in Texas, #4)
  • Calico Christmas at Dry Creek (Dry Creek Historical, #1)
  • The Most Wonderful Bride of the Year (Mail-Order Matches)
  • No Match for Love (A Match Made in Texas, #3)
  • The Plainsman (Men of the Saddle #4)
  • Her Holiday Family (Texas Grooms, #5)
  • An Old-Fashioned Christmas: Four New Inspirational Love Stories from Christmases Gone by
  • Ties That Bind (Ribbons West, #3)
  • The Solid Rock
  • Mail-Order Christmas Brides Boxed Set: Mail-Order Mistletoe Brides\Mail-Order Holiday Brides
  • A Texas Legacy Christmas (Texas Legacy #4)
  • Home for Christmas
  • The Stagecoach Bride
  • Caterina (Pendleton Petticoats #2)
  • Once Upon The Prairie (The Brides of Courage, Kansas, #1)

Catherine Palmer lives in Atlanta with her husband, Tim, where they serve as missionaries in a refugee community. They have two grown sons. Cathy is a graduate of Southwest Baptist University and holds a master's degree in English from Baylor University. Her first book was published in 1988. Since then she has
More about Catherine Palmer...

A Town Called Hope (4 books)
  • Prairie Rose (A Town Called Hope, #1)
  • Prairie Fire (A Town Called Hope, #2)
  • Prairie Storm (A Town Called Hope, #3)