Start by marking “The Heart's Treasure” as Want to Read:
The Heart's Treasure

The Heart's Treasure

Palmer refreshes her first novel Land of Enchantment, originally published in the Silhouette Intimate Moments series. Kitt Tuckers marriage to Michael Culhane was destroyed by the loss of their unborn child. Now, after 15 years apart, a 100-year-old mystery may give them the chance to rewrite their history. Original.
Published June 1st 2007 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about The Heart's Treasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heart's Treasure

Lindsey
This was my first Catherine Palmer Catherine Palmer novel. I'll be sure to read more. The Heart's Treasure wasn't over-sappy with romance and it wasn't "preachy". It had mystery and adventure and was a fairly quick read. The characters could have had a little more depth but overall, a good book to wile away an evening.
Carolyn
Aug 20, 2014 Carolyn rated it liked it
Enjoyable read concerning conserving the historical evidence of the old West in New Mexico. Original plotline about a couple who had moved on from their youthful failed marriage. Each reinvents their lives with enjoyable careers, Kitt as an archaeologist and Michael as a world traveling journalist. They reunite at a dig and decide to work together to solve a mystery concerning an unusual corpse. All the while, they also find they have to heal their wounds from their past.
Tracy
Dec 25, 2015 Tracy rated it liked it
Christian romantic fiction about a young couple torn apart by the tragic loss of their baby daughter and brought back together after 15 years of growing up, with a mysterious twist involving their professions. An easy and satisfying read, though I feel like the story could have been told in fewer pages and with a little less angst.
Lauryn Coston
Feb 22, 2016 Lauryn Coston rated it really liked it
It was cute
Lyndsey
Feb 07, 2013 Lyndsey rated it it was ok
definitely not my favorite book ever, it was ok. some parts better than others. I don't know why, but I never found myself that connected w/ the characters as I usually do. the dialogue/ story between the two main characters, Kitt and Michael seemed forced and unrealistic.
would not seek out another book by this author. not impressed. her writing style seems very "elementary" to me.
April
Jan 29, 2009 April added it
This was a really good story - kept my attention right from the beginning. Nothing at all offensive, but no strong gospel message either (not that every story has to have that, just pointing it out!). It has a bit of mystery involved and some history thrown in about the West in the mid 1800's.
Allyce
Apr 26, 2010 Allyce rated it really liked it
I liked that this was set in modern times as I had gotten used to reading Palmer's Historical Romances. As a young woman who married at 19, I wanted them to work it out something awful and was pleased with how the story went. Also love Hod, such a great character. :)
Patricia VanDamme
Mar 29, 2012 Patricia VanDamme rated it liked it
Your basic romance novel with just enough intrigue to keep me reading. I sort of figured out the end before I got to it. It was an okay read, I definitely will give the book to one of my friends to read.
Rebecca
Jan 17, 2011 Rebecca rated it liked it
I was a little hesitant about starting this book because it was mostly a love story. However I did enjoy the fictional history and archeology bits of the story. Overall a good read.
Lisa Carter
Authentic characters with real emotions, struggling with past hurts, finding the kind of true love that takes your breath away.

I love, love, love Catherine Palmer romances.
Tricia
Jan 20, 2011 Tricia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-books
What a great book! I loved everything about it! It had mystery, romance and spirituality that I enjoy. I will be looking for more books from this author.
Grace
Oct 10, 2010 Grace rated it really liked it
Great story, makes you think about God's plan for marriage. Loved the characters.
Aleta
Aug 02, 2008 Aleta rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this read! I liked the story line and the spiritual aspect of it.
Becky
Aug 01, 2007 Becky rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those adults who like romance and archeology.
This is a inspirational romance tied in with a
one-hundred-year-old mystery.
Christal
Aug 09, 2013 Christal rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
just a quick read, a treasure hunt, fun.
Jane
Feb 19, 2009 Jane rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
Light fluff read but almost too predictable.
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Mary Bennett
Mary Bennett rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Krystal G
Krystal G marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Nancy Whitmire
Nancy Whitmire marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Catherine Luff Brower
Catherine Luff Brower rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Catherine Palmer lives in Atlanta with her husband, Tim, where they serve as missionaries in a refugee community. They have two grown sons. Cathy is a graduate of Southwest Baptist University and holds a master's degree in English from Baylor University. Her first book was published in 1988. Since then she has
More about Catherine Palmer...