Start by marking “The Q Continuum (Star Trek)” as Want to Read:
The Q Continuum (Star Trek)

The Q Continuum (Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Q Continuum #1-3)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  231 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews

The unpredictable cosmic entity known only as Q has plagued Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the Starship Enterprise™ since their very first voyage together. But little was known of Q's mysterious past or of the unearthly realm from which he hails.

Until now.

A brilliant scientist may have found a way to breach the energy barrier surrounding the Milky Way galaxy,

Published October 1st 2003 by Star Trek (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Q Continuum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Q Continuum

Janice Moreau howell
Sep 22, 2012 Janice Moreau howell rated it it was amazing
I disagree with the comment about irrelevant detail. I have watched Star Trek since I was a young child and this is the first book of Star Trek I have read. I felt the details were important to the story and fleshed out just how long Q has been around. When references are made to the original Star Trek series, I was pleased with how much I related to them.
Shannon
Mar 18, 2013 Shannon rated it really liked it
The Q Continuum Signature Edition is comprised of a previously published trilogy by Greg Cox: Q-Space, Q-Zone, and Q-Strike, in addition to a bonus interview with the author.

I felt like this trilogy could have had a lot more incredible, omnipotent plot detail as opposed to the "potential" character detail. In Q-Space and for about 2/3's of Q-Zone, I found myself drifting in the vacuum of my own mind while reading about the mystery behind the Galactic Barrier. While the reader is allowed two mai
Glenda Breaux
Jul 14, 2011 Glenda Breaux rated it it was ok
I started this book highly eager to learn the important secrets of the continuum that the TV series and movies never addressed, but I was soon disappointed and angry at the slow pace, irrelevant detail, and poorly conveyed beloved characters (although this did improve as the book went on...and on, and on...). This book was nearly 600 Nook-pages long. It could have easily been faster paced, and more informative about the Q continuum (which it wasn't at all) while still being hundreads of pages sh ...more
Travis
Jul 28, 2016 Travis rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
The biggest problem with this trilogy is that there aren't three books worth of story.
As one book, this would have made a decent story, as a trilogy it drags so much that you lose interest and find yourself skimming because you see where most of its going and just want to get there.

I'm a big Trek fan, a bigger Q fan and really look forward to books featuring him, as there are no budget restraints and writers can go big and cosmic.
Plus, Greg Cox makes good use of Trek history and is a solid write
Pat
Jan 06, 2012 Pat rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beloved, favorites
The Q trilogy, in one volume ... I'm partial to Q, as a character (one of the more intriguing villains in the Star Trek universe, IMO) -- so I was thrilled to find this particular trilogy available on my new e-reader.

When an obsessive Betazoid scientist discovers a way to breach the Great Barrier, Q shows up and at first tries to bully Picard into backing down. Picard, however, refuses to be bullied -- so in an effort to persuade him, Q takes Picard on a journey through time that includes, among
Bethany
May 08, 2007 Bethany rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Star Trek fans
This book, is simply put, a Q fan's dream. It is actually made up of a trilogy that was seperately released - Q-Space, Q-Zone and Q-Strike. Though it has its sluggish moments and some relatively simple parts, it often makes up for that with the history of Q and the Q Continuum, spanning countless eons and even encompasses a great ancient war involving the Q (including a few other Q that we've met along the way of the shows!) The classic Q-type wit is mostly there, and most of the lines I can ima ...more
Amelia Defield
May 04, 2014 Amelia Defield rated it did not like it
If I could get it -5 I would. This book series was awful. From the bad characterization to the downright disappointing plot, I don't even know where to start.

It did get interesting when the Q started fighting 0 and his band, but that only lasted a chapter.
Brandon Hickey
Sep 27, 2013 Brandon Hickey rated it it was amazing
Some of the best Star Trek fiction out there.
Josiah
May 15, 2016 Josiah rated it really liked it
Long, and seemingly over-detailed, it actually references many episodes\movies. I enjoyed it.
Cindy Borgne
Jan 28, 2011 Cindy Borgne rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the books about Q. I liked the way it combined somethings all the way back to the original Star Trek.
Trjlive
Trjlive rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2014
Daniel
Daniel rated it liked it
May 31, 2011
ArchMerc
ArchMerc rated it really liked it
May 08, 2008
Xray
Xray rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2010
Christian
Christian rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2013
Steven Cornelius
Steven Cornelius rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2015
Sarah Doomsayer
Sarah Doomsayer rated it liked it
May 09, 2017
John F. Weitkamp
John F. Weitkamp rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Randy Wiggins
Randy Wiggins rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2011
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
May 13, 2008
Rob Conner
Rob Conner rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Maryann
Maryann rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2010
Wayne
Wayne rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2016
Jonathan
Jonathan rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2017
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2013
Rachel K Maddox
Rachel K Maddox rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2016
Kirk Domenico
Kirk Domenico rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2012
Joshua Wallen
Joshua Wallen rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2015
Captainkoloth
Captainkoloth rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2015
Michael Schosser
Michael Schosser rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • I, Q
  • Q & A (Star Trek The Next Generation)
  • Imzadi Forever (Star Trek) (Omnibus: Imzadi/Imzadi II)
  • Bloodletter
  • First Contact (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Kahless
  • Avatar Book Two (Star Trek Deep Space Nine)
  • Dark Mirror
  • Fallen Heroes
  • Federation
  • Vulcan's Heart
  • Ship of the Line (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • The Captain's Table Omnibus
  • Probe
  • Cardassia and Andor (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #1)
  • The Pandora Principle
  • The Buried Age (Star Trek: The Lost Era 2355)
  • The Vulcan Academy Murders

Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Q Continuum (3 books)
  • Q-Space (Star Trek: The Next Generation #47; The Q Continuum, #1)
  • Q-Zone (Star Trek: The Next Generation #48; The Q Continuum, #2)
  • Q-Strike (Star Trek: The Next Generation #49; The Q Continuum, #3)