Start by marking “Silent Scream” as Want to Read:
Silent Scream

Silent Scream

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  7 reviews
It was a time of innocence, a time of hippies, flower children and the Age of Aquarius. A time when young people felt free to roam about the countryside hitchhiking without fear. A time when law enforcement was trusted by the people they were sworn to protect and serve.
That time was shattered by one of law enforcements own. His name was Gerard Schaefer. He was a former W
Print and Download, 427 pages
Published October 8th 2008 by Lulu (first published September 28th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Silent Scream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Scream

Violet Curtis
I cannot believe than any publishing house put this book out. It must have been self published.
The spelling is awful, the grammar is worse, syntax from another planet. The type fonts look like the book was decorated by a 6 year old fingerpainting.

I do not think anyone ever edited it. Looks like it was typed via free association.

The story line would be fine, a good history of happenings. Even is organized OK.

But for example: it is difficult to read even one chapter when a character is called Rive
Ann Keller
I finished Silent Scream in one day and I can honestly say it is one of the most incredible, frightening and compelling books I've ever read. When I picked up Silent Scream this morning, I paged through it from the back to the front, and a certain face struck me. I stared at that picture and got chilled. The boyish looks of this man were at war with his eyes. I've heard that the eyes are the windows of your soul. For Schaefer, I guess this was true. His eyes bothered me. I raised the book up, sa ...more
Yvonne Mason
Aug 01, 2014 Yvonne Mason rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I am the author of this book. This book is as much of Florida History as the settling of Florida. This book is a must read. Just so all of you will know This book is being made into a documentary for The Investigation Discovery Channel it will appear on the Show Most Evil. We are in pre-production now. I will post more as time goe
Jennifer Chase
Silent Scream takes you from the beginning to the end of serial killer Gerard Schaefer’s horrendous killing spree and then through the myriad of complexities in the criminal justice system. I was literally glued to this book! This book is disturbing, but I still found that I couldn’t put it down. But what’s even more disturbing is that the serial killer was a police officer who used his badge and gun to terrorize, torture, and kill young women in Florida between 1966-1972.

Books that involve ser
Martha Cheves
I don't normally read true crime. I have always felt that as long as the characters aren't real it doesn't affect you as much. I started reading Silent Scream a few nights ago and I have to say this is a story about one really evil man and I'm only about 1/5 of the way through the book. You read about this type in fiction but when you realize this is the real thing it brings home reality and reality is scary.

I'm feeling a little let down. I've just finished Silent Scream and didn't want it to en
Lesa Trapp
This book is one of the best books I have read this year. A real page turner. Once you read it you will sit back and think about everything that happened in this book happened. Then you will have a streak of fear run through your spine. One book everyone who reads murder mysterys or detective novels should read. Also every author should read it as well. The serial killer Gerard Shaffer has 10 serial killers in him. It is just amazing this man was a teacher and law enforcement. Makes you wonder. ...more
Margaret
This is the first book by Ms Mason that I read. I cried for the victims and their families. The descriptions of locations was excellent - you felt like you were there. You also got insight into the determination of law enforcement to catch a killer.
Rahaf
Rahaf marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
jean lowrie
jean lowrie marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Ashley Hoff
Ashley Hoff marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Marina Andreou
Marina Andreou marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Judy Pierard
Judy Pierard marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Diane Piggin
Diane Piggin marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Elizabeth Wolf
Elizabeth Wolf marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
tieysha
tieysha marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Sarah Fudge
Sarah Fudge marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Cady Chiseiko robinson
Cady Chiseiko robinson marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Ciara Salazar
Ciara Salazar marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Simon Evangelist
Simon Evangelist marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Quotes From Author by Yvonne Mason

“What you Don't Know About ME

Background: The eldest of five children, Yvonne was born May 17, 1951 in Atlanta, Georgia. Raised in East Point, Georgia, she resided there until 1970. Then moved to North Georgia, In 2006 she moved to Port St. Lucie, Florida where she currently makes her home. Licensed bounty hunter for the state of Georgia.

Education: After a 34 year
More about Yvonne Mason...
Brilliant Insanity A Voice from the Grave Satan's Holiday Tangled Minds Welcome to Your Nightmare