Start by marking “Sucker for Love (Dead End Dating, #5)” as Want to Read:
Sucker for Love (Dead End Dating, #5)

Sucker for Love (Dead End Dating #5)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  1,004 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Divalicious darling of the undead Lil Marchette is this close to finding her own happily-ever-after with hunky live-in bounty hunter Ty Bonner. Unfortunately, reality is biting back in a big way. Lil’s got mounting bills to pay and clients to keep happily hooked up courtesy of Dead End Dating, the ultimate meet-and-greet for New York’s fanged, furry, and fabulous. But leav ...more
Published June 23rd 2009 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sucker for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sucker for Love

Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee BenderThe Cupcake Queen by Heather HeplerMake Lemonade by Virginia Euwer Wolff
Food on the Cover
249th out of 643 books — 324 voters
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostUndead and Unwed by MaryJanice DavidsonOne Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene FrostFirst Grave on the Right by Darynda JonesDestined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Best Funny Paranormal Romances
318th out of 501 books — 1,077 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie (jjmachshev)
"Sucker for Love" is book five of Kimberly Raye's 'Dead End Dating' series starring the fantabulous Lil Marchette. Lil's a BV (born vampire as opposed to made...think elite vs redneck) whose life has become pretty complicated. She runs a dating service in the Big Apple and she refuses to discriminate. So she matches, shifters, vamps, demons, humans, and she's trying to get a fae match going too! Problem is that Lil is also VERY un-BV-like in that she's scared of bloody messes, actually LIKES oth ...more
Sbuchler
Jul 13, 2009 Sbuchler rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sbuchler by: Madeline
Genre: Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy

Much like the previous novel, this one was funny, but not quite as cute/endearing as _Your Coffin or Mine_ (which I might have found especially charming just 'cause it was the first of the series that I ran into.) I'm getting a little bit tired of Lil's off-again on-again relationship with Ty. If them getting together is supposed to be the happy ending, the number of times they break up in the next chapter is undermining the happily-ever-after effect. Still
Rhonda
Fifth in the Dead End Dating series by Kimberly Raye, Sucker For Love starts off with Lil Marchette hosting a special meet-and-greet dinner party for her Dead End Dating clients. The party seems to be a success, but then one of Lil's favorite clients, Esther, disappears, leaving only a bloody couch behind. Lil takes it upon herself to hunt down Esther and rescue her despite the warnings everyone has given her. In the meantime, Lil's mother is trying to do everything she can to prevent her broth ...more
Tiffiane
I just absolutely love this series. Lil is hilarious and with every book, she just gets more and more fun to read. I love the budding romance between her and Ty and oh how I wish I could find out more and read the next book. Unfortunately, after reading an update on Amazon it seems Ms. Raye had some family illnesses and a death but instead of the publisher giving her an extension, they CANCELLED her. I am so mad!! I sent an email to the publisher but do you think they respond? Of course not. I c ...more
Deborah Alexandra
I read this in one day (couldn't put it down). It was the perfect rest and relaxation book. Some slightly more gory than usual moments, but it is about vampires and supernatural beings. I'm looking forward to the sequels!
Tanja
Lil rocks! I absolutely loved this book! AND I can't wait for "Here Comes the Vampire". There's an excerpt at the end of this book and I can tell you the best is yet to come!
Kaye
I have loved this series!! Does anyone know when the next one is coming out?
 ♥ Rainy Day Reader ♥
This review is for books 1-5 of the DED series. I am just reviewing them now because I litterally could not stop reading. These books were hilarious! I read a lot at night and I had to get up several times and go into another room because I was laughing so hard I thought that I might wake up my husband. If you like Katie MacAlister and Molly Harper you will love this series. I really don't have any complaints other than I'm not into name brand clothes and stuff so I either skipped over the parts ...more
Amanda
I love Lil. She is one of my most favorites of the vampire heroines. And this story, where she runs off to help her friend, just made me love her so much more. However, I do wish she and Ty would just get together more. Because they are so much fun together. How independant Lil acts, she is better with him around. And this book had absolutely no sexual interaction with Ty, so I felt gypped!

Still, Lil and her mom are always a hoot and the fact that in her bumbling way she manages to match people
Darcy
This is such a fun series. We have Lil who at first glance is an airhead, but as you get to know her you realize she is actually pretty smart with airhead tendencies. This book is no different. Lil is still working her dating business (the whole premis cracks me up),and manages to get in trouble, but ends getting saved in the end. While the story line is very predictable, the way to get there is always hillarious!! Lil and her family issues / drama, and the whole cast of misfit new dating client ...more
Gina Smith
You don’t have to know whether Twilight is that dusky after-dinner time or something much more to enjoy Kimberly Raye’s latest romp, Sucker for Love. Fifth in Raye’s Dead End Dating series, Sucker for Love will have readers happily suspending reality to forget protagonist Lil Marchette is a vampire when she sounds just like their BFF.
It’s terms like BFF, OMG and all the other dead-on (pun intended) slang and dialogue of self-proclaimed “divalicious darling” Lilliana that will suck readers into
Erin
Ok, now I have to wait for #6. Raye always includes the first chapter of the next book at the end of each of her books...and this one had a GREAT teaser for #6!! She may have married the WRONG vampire while partying in Vegas!! (ok, it's Remy. He's always been the 'perfect' born vampire for her, with a top fertility rating, but he's not Ty. I think her mom and Remy cooked up something fishy to make her THINK she's had a 'committment' ceremony with Remy. But I'll have to wait until #6 comes out!)
Marie
This book was much better then then last book.... but not quite as good as books 1-3 of the series. What frustrated me is the end of the last book had a bit of cliff hanger where Ty says he thinks he's found a way for him and Lil to be together. But whatever that was wasn't even talked about in this book, they are just together and trying to make it work. It's an entertaining read but there are some problems with this book.
Pam Masters
This is a strong 3.5-3.75. I enjoyed the story (which is good since I read it in less than a week). This isn't the first story I have read that contained Lil Marchette and Dead End Dating. It was an exciting read as I haven't read a vampire book in a while. The book was good at the beginning, then got a little slow in the middle. The finish was strong.

I'd say this is a good easy summer-time read.
Diana Lea
This book was cute but just didn't grip me like the others. Don't get me wrong it was funny and I liked it. It's just the action was kind of slow. It seems to take forever to get to the juicy part.
But it is worth the read so that your in the know for the next one, which should from the sounds of it be a real page Turner. All in all it is a great series.
Angela
Another quirky, fun read from the Dead End Dating series. The characters amuse and entertain me. Not sure how I'd classify these books but I like them.
Krystal Dawn
LOVED IT!!! A Definate should read!!!!!!!
Martina the Book Fairy
This book is technically UF since it features the same character who has not yet found her HEA, but it reads much more like a light PNR. It's very chick-lit-ish, as well, Fans of MaryJanice Davidson-type writing will love this series.

Lil Marchette is a 500+ year old born (as opposed to made) vampire with a wicked sense of fashion, a meddlesome family and her own fledgling matchmaking company. When one of her long-time clients goes missing, Lil goes looking for her. A quest that takes her way ou
Charlotte
The narrator of this series is to die for -- she's a dedicated businesswoman that doesn't take herself too seriously as she bravely navigates through the dark world of the supernaturals, looking for love, designer clothing and her missing clients, who inevitably disappear for dark, supernatural reasons. She might be a vampire with the best of blood lines, but she's really bad at it.

The narrative is hilarious and it's hard not to sympathize with the good-hearted Lil Marchette as she deals with he
Jess
Another great book in this series, I'm not sure it was worth the 4 month wait I had to endure. But I won't hold that against the book!

Lil as always was funny, but sometimes I get a little tired of her narration. She drops names left and right, and uses slang terms to try to sound "hip". It gets a little annoying, but it's not enough of a problem that it makes me dislike the book.

I wish that the author would do a little exploratory fling with one of the Prince brothers :) They are definitely yumm
Michelle Maud
Awesome as always! More Ty tho!
Stacy
Love this funny and quirky series of a diva vampire with a matchmaking business (which she doesn't seem to be very good at btw). Resembles more chick-lit than typical vampire books. This book was not as good as all the others in my opinion. Kinda like ideas were running short. Tht plot was just not very strong.

Includes an exerpt for the next one in the series and sounds really good but that book has yet to be released and who knows when and if it ever will be. Very, very sad about that!
Natalie
Book 5 in the series. Something about this one bothered me; I think that Lil was just a tad bit more clueless than previous. That's too bad because she stopped being a funny sweet woman with good intentions and became a ditz. I still like the series and I hope that the old Lil comes back as well and the previously better writing. If you're reading the series then you definitely still have to read this book but be aware that it's not as good as the others.
Eileen Lane
The fifth book of this series, this was a great fast paced read, with all of the characters I have come to love. Lil is always getting into some type of mishap. Just purchased number six, I can’t wait to see how Lil will get out of her latest predicament!
Ana
May 28, 2014 Ana marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Andrea
To be fair, I've been pretty luke warm about all of these books. The only reason I keep reading them is because I bought the entire series at a used bookstore and they gave me something to read. SO....going into this book...I pretty much knew that I wouldn't like it all that much...and I didn't.
Cmkage
Another silly yet entertaining read. I enjoyed the book very much.

Unfortunately, it looks like the sequel Here Comes the Vampire won't ever get published, so that's it for this series, which really sucks. I'm going to miss Lil.
Trine
I did not like it that much, just because I thought it was rather boring. It was very confusing at first, but of course I had not read any of the previous ones so it might have been better if I'd done that.
Lori Whitwam
Another solid 3-3.5. The books in this series are all good and worth reading, but are all rather same-ish. At least there were some significant family developments in this one. Checking out release on #6.
  • Wait Till Your Vampire Gets Home (Broken Heart, #4)
  • Stakes & Stilettos (Immortality Bites, #4)
  • Bled Dry (Vegas Vampires, #3)
  • Real Vampires Don't Diet (Glory St. Clair, #4)
  • Honeymoon of the Dead (Garnet Lacey, #5)
  • Last Vampire Standing (Oldest City Vampire, #2)
  • The Accidental Human (Accidentals, #3)
  • Fangs But No Fangs (Young Brothers, #2)
  • In the Company of Vampires (Dark Ones, #8)
I've always been an incurable romantic. While I enjoy reading all types of fiction, my favorites, the books that touch my soul, are romance novels. From sexy to thrilling, sweet to humorous, I like them all. But what I really love is writing romance--the hotter the better!

I started my first novel back in high school and have been writing ever since. To date, I've published over thirty novels, one
More about Kimberly Raye...

Dead End Dating (7 books)
  • Dead End Dating (Dead End Dating, #1)
  • Dead and Dateless (Dead End Dating, #2)
  • Your Coffin or Mine? (Dead End Dating, #3)
  • The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance
  • Just One Bite (Dead End Dating, #4)
  • Here Comes the Vampire (Dead End Dating, #6)
Dead End Dating (Dead End Dating, #1) Dead and Dateless (Dead End Dating, #2) Your Coffin or Mine? (Dead End Dating, #3) Just One Bite (Dead End Dating, #4) Dead Sexy (Harlequin Blaze #358)