Start by marking “Sword-Sworn (Tiger & Del, #6)” as Want to Read:
Sword-Sworn (Tiger & Del, #6)

Sword-Sworn (Tiger and Del #6)

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  2,189 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Sword-Sworn (Tiger and Del)
Published February 4th 2003 by DAW (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Sword-Sworn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sword-Sworn

Derek Miller
Jun 28, 2010 Derek Miller rated it it was amazing

Because there's no place to review a series, I will use this space to do so. It's the last book, I figure if you're reading this, you've read the first 5, and I won't spoil anything. If you're reading this without having read the first 5, hopefully this convinces you!

For a relatively unknown fantasy author, Jennifer Roberson really has a beautiful series here. She writes first person from a male's perspective, which might leave one dubious (I certainly was) when you first begin reading, but eve

Welwyn Katz
Oct 24, 2010 Welwyn Katz rated it really liked it
This is a fine ending (so far?) to a fine series. I do remember this plot much better than the earlier ones, and so I think, given the continuing quality coming to this good ending, I am pleased to give this book a full five stars. I will miss the two characters. They are still in my mind as I think back a couple of years. Jennifer Roberson's talent keeps on growing and I can only hope that it continues to manifest itself so positively.
secondwomn
Oct 25, 2013 secondwomn rated it liked it
Shelves: 2007, fiction, reread, sff, 2013
reread Oct 2013

my original rating was 2 stars, on a re-read i'd give it 2.5 and am bumping up to three since GR doesn't allow half-stars. the huge flaw of this book is that it only exists to tie up loose ends, and that hasn't changed. but credit to roberson for finding ways to make believable characters change in interesting ways despite a somewhat soap opera-ish plot.

---
read the first few books in this series way back in, i don't know, maybe middle school. i've reread the early ones since a few
Feb 19, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
This was the supposed end to this epic fantasy series but I am THRILLED we have another one and I can't wait to start! This book wrapped things up nicely but definitely left some things open for the future and I can't wait to see where things go. I am SO happy with how Tiger and Del ended up, couldn't have asked for a better ending. And Tiger was hilarious as ever with his explorations of his baby! I also loved the growth of these characters throughout the series. Del especially really surprised ...more
Kristy Halseth
Jan 16, 2015 Kristy Halseth rated it it was amazing
When I reread the first books, not all were out in ebook format yet. So I stopped at book 5. I discovered that 6 and 7 were out at the end of the year. So I downloaded and started reading.

They were wonderful. The characters have grown a bit, but the writing seems as good as the first time I picked up the first books. The early books hit you over the head with feminism but it didn't seem odd when they were first released. Some people might find it a bit heavy handed if they are starting the book
Theddy Blanc
Sep 19, 2011 Theddy Blanc rated it really liked it
This novel concluded the Sword Dancer Saga between Tiger and Del as they deal with the final trial on a remote Island that Tiger hailed from. Since it’s the final novel, its hard to describe how masterful the blueprint for the story became, but it isn’t hard to notice that Roberson planned so much out so early. She wrote a story with a defined and complex plot, not just typing until her wrist grew tired. Additionally, the subject matter made the reader grow so much closer to Tiger as we soon gre ...more
Millerbug
Aug 27, 2008 Millerbug rated it it was amazing
I truely enjoyed this book and the series. Although I read the earlier books years ago and forgot some of the details, so I'm going to re-read them. This was definitely a great ending to a fun and great series. There were parts that made me cry, especially reading the forward, talking about how the author's mother had passed away, and this book had a lot to do with family, and family bonds. There are a few surprises, but some are easy to figure out. Others keep you guessing. I laughed a lot and ...more
Kara
Dec 06, 2014 Kara rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy

I accidentally read book 7 before book 6, so I knew what was going to happen, but it was still fun to see how the plot spun out.

The best part was, Tiger, world’s best swordfighter, gets himself kidnapped (again!) and is put into a forced cage match situation. The fight was, hands down, the best part of the book as he proves to everyone, including himself, that he may have been a bit battered and knocked about by the fates or what have you, but he can still bring it in the circle.
Michelle
Aug 10, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
Read this series many, many years ago and just re-read the series to get to the newest of the novels. Over all I love this series because it has two strong female/male leads that you both want to love and shake throughout the series. Both of them make stupid mistakes, but then that is human. They love each other but are not willing to give up their sense of self to be a couple which is all too rare in love stories. Roberson built an interesting world here.
Jeanne
Jul 10, 2011 Jeanne rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I thought this series died down towards the end and became a bit bland and unexciting. The ending although nice, was also predictable. I also thought poor Del lost some of her strength in her character towards the end of this series as well which disappointed me. I still loved both Del and Tiger though throughout the whole series which is why I kept reading.
Aerinannearthur
Jun 22, 2014 Aerinannearthur rated it it was amazing
My rating is for the series as a whole. The series is more than the sum of the books. Over the course of the books, you see Tiger and Del both grow so much as characters. I especially appreciated Tiger's sense of humor and charm. The first person perspective from Tiger added so much to the storytelling.
Robyn S.
Jul 12, 2011 Robyn S. rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Robyn by: My dad
This is possibly one of the best books in the Sword-Dancer series. It kept me on my toes and wanting more. I could hardly put it down to get sleep at night. I absolutely loved everything about it and I loved comparing how Tiger and Del's characters have grown and changed since the first in Jennifer Roberson's amazing series.
Damian
Jun 08, 2014 Damian rated it really liked it
Just as a note, this is one of the first series I've read as a child, and they hold a special place in my heart, so I can't objectively rate them. I've reread the series as an adult and still enjoy them, however.
Mandy
Feb 07, 2009 Mandy rated it really liked it
Jennifer Roberson is one of my favorite unknown authors. I have read many of her books and enjoyed reading the entire Sword Dancer series this time. If you like Robin hood and Maid Marian stories read "lady of the forest".
Arlene
May 09, 2009 Arlene rated it it was amazing
It has the best sword fight scenes I've ever read. Tiger has this dry sense of humor and is very much the opposite of Del, who is very serious and reserve but what they have in common is the magic and talent they share in a sword-dance.
I read the whole 6 books in a row! A really great read.
Richard
Mar 02, 2015 Richard rated it it was amazing
I love that Jennifer Roberson says in the Author's Note "envisioned as a novel with a subtext about how sexism". I don't know how the series could have been any more explicitly about sexism.
Samuel
Mar 21, 2008 Samuel rated it really liked it
Great book to end the series with. I enjoyed it as much as the first book. Slow to start, but picks up all the way till the end. A recommended series for anyone who has some time to kill...
Jo
Mar 20, 2016 Jo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, five-stars
The ending made me happy. Unfortunately, I'm just a mushy girl on the inside. But if anyone asks, I never admitted it.
Matt
Jun 03, 2010 Matt marked it as to-read
Shelves: to-buy
I read the rest of the series in less than a week and only stopped because I could not find this one.
Pat
May 31, 2011 Pat rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Tiger and Del are my favorite fantasy duo, as the characters actually develop over the range of the series. I very much enjoyed the entire series, and this book was a fitting end.
Theresa
Mar 21, 2016 Theresa rated it liked it
Shelves: review
Sword-Sworn (Tiger & Del, #6)
Roberson, Jennifer
the continuing story of tiger and del they are older and more experienced but they found that they have not faced their biggest challenge yet.
Camille Siddartha
Oct 29, 2015 Camille Siddartha rated it it was amazing
I cried at the end of the book, because the ending was so powerful. His wife just had a baby and the best swordsman came to kill him and he nearly lost. In the end he won. Great read
Marlena Mason
Sep 05, 2007 Marlena Mason rated it it was amazing
Shelves: myfaves
you know...i was slightly disappointed with the ending...i mean , it's a nice way to tie up loose ends, but....damnit...argh in some points.
Neil Kulevich
Neil Kulevich rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2011
Sonja Johnson
Sonja Johnson rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2013
Lizmbrant
Lizmbrant rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2010
Rob Brill
Rob Brill rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2012
Duane
Duane rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2008
Ed
Ed rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2012
Dangerosa
Dangerosa rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2008
  • The Dragon Token (Dragon Star, #2)
  • Challenges (The Blending, #3)
  • The Lesser Kindred (The Tale of Lanen Kaelar, #2)
  • Restoration (Rai-Kirah, #3)
  • Storm Breaking (Valdemar: Mage Storms, #3)
  • Traitor to the Blood (Noble Dead: Series 1, #4)
  • The Legend of Nightfall (Nightfall, #1)
  • The Gandalara Cycle I
  • The Forbidden Land (The Witches of Eileanan, #4)
Jennifer Mitchell Roberson O'Green is an author of fantasy and historical literature. Roberson has lived in Arizona since 1957. She grew up in Phoenix, but in 1999 relocated to Flagstaff. She obtained a Bachelor of Science in journalism from Northern Arizona University. Roberson had spent her final semester in England at the University of London. This enabled her to do indepth research at castles ...more
More about Jennifer Roberson...

Tiger and Del (7 books)
  • Sword-Dancer (Tiger and Del, #1)
  • Sword-Singer (Tiger and Del, #2)
  • Sword-Maker (Tiger and Del, #3)
  • Sword-Breaker (Tiger and Del, #4)
  • Sword-Born (Tiger and Del, #5)
  • Sword-Bound (Tiger & Del, #7)