Start by marking “Sword-Sworn (Tiger & Del, #6)” as Want to Read:
Sword-Sworn (Tiger & Del, #6)

Sword-Sworn (Tiger and Del #6)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  1,787 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Now in paperback-the sixth and final volume in Jennifer Roberson's acclaimed Sword saga, featuring the macho Tiger and the beautiful but dangerous Del...
Published February 4th 2003 by DAW (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Sword-Sworn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sword-Sworn

The Horse and His Boy by C.S. LewisThe Girl Who Remembered Horses by Linda  BensonGreen Rider by Kristen BritainThe Scorpio Races by Maggie StiefvaterThe Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
Fantasy Books Featuring Horses
66th out of 111 books — 109 voters
Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth GaskellMarried By Morning by Lisa KleypasThe High Lord by Trudi CanavanThe Duke and I by Julia QuinnBecause You're Mine by Lisa Kleypas
Winner to Me!
77th out of 100 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Derek Miller

Because there's no place to review a series, I will use this space to do so. It's the last book, I figure if you're reading this, you've read the first 5, and I won't spoil anything. If you're reading this without having read the first 5, hopefully this convinces you!

For a relatively unknown fantasy author, Jennifer Roberson really has a beautiful series here. She writes first person from a male's perspective, which might leave one dubious (I certainly was) when you first begin reading, but eve

Welwyn Katz
This is a fine ending (so far?) to a fine series. I do remember this plot much better than the earlier ones, and so I think, given the continuing quality coming to this good ending, I am pleased to give this book a full five stars. I will miss the two characters. They are still in my mind as I think back a couple of years. Jennifer Roberson's talent keeps on growing and I can only hope that it continues to manifest itself so positively.
h
reread Oct 2013

my original rating was 2 stars, on a re-read i'd give it 2.5 and am bumping up to three since GR doesn't allow half-stars. the huge flaw of this book is that it only exists to tie up loose ends, and that hasn't changed. but credit to roberson for finding ways to make believable characters change in interesting ways despite a somewhat soap opera-ish plot.

---
read the first few books in this series way back in, i don't know, maybe middle school. i've reread the early ones since a few
Michelle
Read this series many, many years ago and just re-read the series to get to the newest of the novels. Over all I love this series because it has two strong female/male leads that you both want to love and shake throughout the series. Both of them make stupid mistakes, but then that is human. They love each other but are not willing to give up their sense of self to be a couple which is all too rare in love stories. Roberson built an interesting world here.
Aerinannearthur
My rating is for the series as a whole. The series is more than the sum of the books. Over the course of the books, you see Tiger and Del both grow so much as characters. I especially appreciated Tiger's sense of humor and charm. The first person perspective from Tiger added so much to the storytelling.
Kara

I accidentally read book 7 before book 6, so I knew what was going to happen, but it was still fun to see how the plot spun out.

The best part was, Tiger, world’s best swordfighter, gets himself kidnapped (again!) and is put into a forced cage match situation. The fight was, hands down, the best part of the book as he proves to everyone, including himself, that he may have been a bit battered and knocked about by the fates or what have you, but he can still bring it in the circle.
Damian
Just as a note, this is one of the first series I've read as a child, and they hold a special place in my heart, so I can't objectively rate them. I've reread the series as an adult and still enjoy them, however.
Theddy Blanc
This novel concluded the Sword Dancer Saga between Tiger and Del as they deal with the final trial on a remote Island that Tiger hailed from. Since it’s the final novel, its hard to describe how masterful the blueprint for the story became, but it isn’t hard to notice that Roberson planned so much out so early. She wrote a story with a defined and complex plot, not just typing until her wrist grew tired. Additionally, the subject matter made the reader grow so much closer to Tiger as we soon gre ...more
Vickiemillerggmail.com
Another good Tiger and Del tale. Always nice to revisit them.
Millerbug
I truely enjoyed this book and the series. Although I read the earlier books years ago and forgot some of the details, so I'm going to re-read them. This was definitely a great ending to a fun and great series. There were parts that made me cry, especially reading the forward, talking about how the author's mother had passed away, and this book had a lot to do with family, and family bonds. There are a few surprises, but some are easy to figure out. Others keep you guessing. I laughed a lot and ...more
Jeanne
I thought this series died down towards the end and became a bit bland and unexciting. The ending although nice, was also predictable. I also thought poor Del lost some of her strength in her character towards the end of this series as well which disappointed me. I still loved both Del and Tiger though throughout the whole series which is why I kept reading.
Robyn S.
This is possibly one of the best books in the Sword-Dancer series. It kept me on my toes and wanting more. I could hardly put it down to get sleep at night. I absolutely loved everything about it and I loved comparing how Tiger and Del's characters have grown and changed since the first in Jennifer Roberson's amazing series.
Arlene
It has the best sword fight scenes I've ever read. Tiger has this dry sense of humor and is very much the opposite of Del, who is very serious and reserve but what they have in common is the magic and talent they share in a sword-dance.
I read the whole 6 books in a row! A really great read.
Mandy
Jennifer Roberson is one of my favorite unknown authors. I have read many of her books and enjoyed reading the entire Sword Dancer series this time. If you like Robin hood and Maid Marian stories read "lady of the forest".
Samuel
Great book to end the series with. I enjoyed it as much as the first book. Slow to start, but picks up all the way till the end. A recommended series for anyone who has some time to kill...
Pat
May 31, 2011 Pat rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: fantasy
Tiger and Del are my favorite fantasy duo, as the characters actually develop over the range of the series. I very much enjoyed the entire series, and this book was a fitting end.
Marlena Mason
you know...i was slightly disappointed with the ending...i mean , it's a nice way to tie up loose ends, but....damnit...argh in some points.
Kristina Jo
The ending made me happy. Unfortunately, I'm just a mushy girl on the inside. But if anyone asks, I never admitted it.
Matt
Jun 03, 2010 Matt marked it as to-read
Shelves: to-buy
I read the rest of the series in less than a week and only stopped because I could not find this one.
Kariss
I re-read the series so I could enjoy the Final Novel of Tiger and Del
Hoolies! Enjoyed it again.
Rachael
I like this one better now. No more confusing magic that isn't explained.
Lisa
Feb 21, 2012 Lisa added it
Sword-Sworn (Sword (DAW Fantasy)) by Jennifer Roberson (2003)
Sword-Sworn (Tiger and Del) by Jennifer Roberson (2003)
Alex
I dare you not to love these characters. Awesome story.
Theresa
the continuing story of tiger and del
Cassie White
Originally read in 2002.
Jody Mena
Beautiful and compelling!
Verin
Verin marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
  • Sunrunner's Fire (Dragon Prince, #3)
  • The Lesser Kindred (The Tale of Lanen Kaelar, #2)
  • Revelation (Rai-Kirah, #2)
  • Sister of the Dead (Noble Dead, Series 1, #3)
  • The Legend of Nightfall (Nightfall, #1)
  • The Restorer's Son (The Sword of Lyric #2)
  • The Prince of Shadow (Seven Brothers, #1)
  • Oathbreakers (Valdemar: Vows and Honor, #2)
  • Requiem for the Sun (Symphony of Ages, #4)
  • The Shadow Isle (Silver Wyrm, #3) (The Dragon Mage, #6)
  • The Pool of Two Moons (The Witches of Eileanan, #2)
  • Competitions (The Blending, #2)
  • Paragon Lost (King's Blades, #4)
Jennifer Mitchell Roberson O'Green is an author of fantasy and historical literature. Roberson has lived in Arizona since 1957. She grew up in Phoenix, but in 1999 relocated to Flagstaff. She obtained a Bachelor of Science in journalism from Northern Arizona University. Roberson had spent her final semester in England at the University of London. This enabled her to do indepth research at castles ...more
More about Jennifer Roberson...
Sword-Dancer (Tiger and Del, #1) Sword-Singer (Tiger and Del, #2) Shapechangers (Chronicles of the Cheysuli #1) Sword-Breaker (Tiger and Del, #4) Sword-Maker (Tiger and Del, #3)