Death Waxed Over (A Candlemaking Mystery, #3)

Death Waxed Over (A Candlemaking Mystery #3)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  112 ratings  ·  7 reviews
On Founder's Day, Harrison Black, owner of At Wick's End, has a stand near Gretel Barnett. When she's killed in the middle of the festivities--and folks start suspecting Harrison--he must figure out who extinguished his biggest rival.
Published October 4th 2005 by Berkley

Michelle Randall
The third book in the Candlemaking series by Tim Myers. You know, i really wasn't sure i would like a male author, nothing against them, but writing a cozy mystery, I just wasn't sure. He actually gotthe candlemaking aspects and it works. So much so that I have breezed through books one, two and now three!

Harrison is accused of murder! A rival candle shop opens not far away, and the owner is loud and brash about hating Harrison and that she is going to "bury him", when she falls over dead at a f...more
Mark Baker
A new candle shop in town leads to murder and Harrison as the prime suspect. The solution was a bit obvious, and the climax was a bit rushed, but the book was good overall.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Serena
While I still really like the characters, this book was a bit of a stinker. I REALLY had a hard time caring about the victim and how her death impacted the business. I admit to midway in the book skipping to the end and reading the last chapter before going back and continuing to read it. This was a bit of a trudger.
Writerlibrarian
This is the third novel in Myers Candle making series. In this one Harrison Black finds himself accused of murdering his competition. The plot moves along nicely, we have a subplot added where Becka, Harrison's ex girlfriend is being stalk. It's nicely done and sets up things for the next novel.
Kate
Feb 11, 2013 Kate rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: craft
This entry in the series bumps it up a notch with a stronger story, even though the culprit is fairly easy to spot early on and there's a continuity problem with a missing wallet toward the end. I will be making Apple Pan Dowdy soon!
Linda
I enjoyed this book. It was the first book I've read in the series (although not the first book of the series). I found it easy to catch on and even figured out who the murderer was although not all the details with it.
Janell
Simple murder mystery. Clean characters and language.
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Donna Allen
Donna Allen marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Ginny
Ginny added it
Mar 01, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Laura Ayres
Laura Ayres marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Estelle Landry
Estelle Landry marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
ChrisGA
ChrisGA marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Minnism
Minnism marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Ryan
Ryan added it
Dec 14, 2013
Sharonm
Sharonm marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
M
M marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
Also writes under the pseudonyms Elizabeth Bright, Melissa Glazer and Chris Cavender.

Tim Myers is the author of dozens of short stories published in mystery magazines and anthologies. He lives with his family near the Blue Ridge Mountains he loves and writes about. He is the award-winning author of the Agatha nominated Lighthouse Inn mystery series as well as over seventy short stories. Tim has be...more
More about Tim Myers...
Innkeeping with Murder (A Lighthouse Inn Mystery, #1) At Wicks End (A Candlemaking Mystery, #1) Reservations for Murder (A Lighthouse Inn Mystery, #2) Snuffed Out Dead Men Don't Lye (A Soapmaking Mystery, #1)