Start by marking “Reservations for Murder (A Lighthouse Inn Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Reservations for Murder (A Lighthouse Inn Mystery, #2)

Reservations for Murder (A Lighthouse Inn Mystery #2)

In this second Lighthouse Inn Mystery, innkeeper Alex Winston discovers a new attraction at the county fair: a corpse.

"Myers cultivates the North Carolina scenery with aplomb and shows a flair for character." (Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel)
Published June 4th 2002 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Reservations for Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reservations for Murder

Randee Baty
Jun 14, 2014 Randee Baty rated it really liked it
Two books into the Lighthouse Inn mysteries and these people feel like old friends. A fair demonstrating old-fashioned skills like blacksmithing is being held on the grounds of Hatteras West Inn. It's just a way to highlight some local craftsman and bring some tourism to the area. What could go wrong? Well, the dead body of one of the craftsmen could put a crimp in the festivities.

As with the first of the series, this book is fun and entertaining. Nothing that makes you think too hard, just a re
Kimberly
Mar 17, 2015 Kimberly rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, 2015
This story was boring and the killer is crazy. I will chose to focus on other things for my review.

At the time this book was written, I guess cell phones weren't used all that much. I doubt they could have gotten a lot of reception where they are, but the omission of a cell phone was noticeable.

I couldn't help but picture Cheetara from the Thundercats (HO!) whenever Shantara had a part to play in the book. Does that make Alex Lion-O?

Alex must have thighs of steel from climbing all those stairs i
Tina (BloomingKnitter)
Another mystery solved. Again, I was able to solve this crime, but not until the last 10% of the book, which is how it really should be. As I look back the author did lay down clues along the way, but they didn't give it all away too early in the book.

I have now read 4 of the 5 books in this series and found them very cozy. They are very easy fast reads that you don't have to think too much to get through, and sometimes you just need an easy read.

I definitely would recommend this series and au
Debbie
Feb 16, 2016 Debbie rated it really liked it
This is a good series. I think it would be a great inn to visit, a lighthouse in the Blue Ridge mountains, how cool is that!
Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton
REad this one years ago as a paperback. The DH accidently added it to his kindle... It's an excellent read, and now that we have it in ebook format, I may just have to go back and reread it again. Book 2 in the Lighthouse Inn series. Well written with well developed characters and lots of great scenery not to mention a good bit of humor and fun thrown in to keep you reading. I'd recommend this whole series to anyone looking for a good mystery series.
Carol
Jan 16, 2015 Carol rated it it was amazing
love this book and the author!!!! Loved reading this book about the Hatteras West Inn And lighthouse. Alex the inn keeper is trying to solve the murder of the towns favorite blacksmith while trying to run his hotel!!!! This is a real page turner and loved the ending which I am not going to tell!!!!!!
Leslie Ferrari
Mar 06, 2016 Leslie Ferrari rated it really liked it
Enjoyable cozy mystery that took me until near the end of the book to solve. This is the second in the series, I'll be looking for the first to read as well. It was a perfect book to read on my flight.
Eric Jolly
Feb 14, 2015 Eric Jolly rated it liked it
Decent story - I'm not going to review story in detail, but I'll say I've really come to like the characters in this series. Alex, Elise, More have become friends!
Amanda
Mar 26, 2016 Amanda rated it liked it
Light cozy mystery. Good for a quick read, if cozies are a guilty pleasure as they are for me.
Linda
Sep 11, 2015 Linda rated it it was amazing
All of Tim Myers mysteries have been great. I can't wait to start my next one.
Kristen
Feb 05, 2014 Kristen rated it it was amazing
Another great mystery. Tim Myers really makes you feel like you are part of the story and leaves you hooked to the end.
Missy
Aug 18, 2007 Missy rated it liked it
Recommends it for: cozyreaders
Shelves: cozymysteries
I just adore the setiing of this series. The characters do not have much depth and the plot, well, I deduced the killer WAY in advance, but I just want to be and the lighthouse inn...reading, so I continue reading. (Plus, once I start a series I try to ride it out. Myers is writing 3 other series, so I don't think there will be too many.)
Stina
Oct 10, 2010 Stina rated it liked it
Book #10 for 2010. This series captures the essence of small-town life well, and Tim does a really good job with the red herrings. I think I would have liked this one better if the clues had been presented more "fairly," but the puzzle was pretty solid.
Janell
Mar 16, 2009 Janell rated it liked it
Simple mystery story. Simple writing. Simple conclusion. Fast read. Clean characters and language, though, which is hard to come by these days. As a mystery it was Ok. This author has several series and the stories are all pretty similar.
ChrisGA
Dec 04, 2015 ChrisGA rated it really liked it
Enjoyable 2nd book in the Lighthouse Inn Series. Alex and Elise still exploring their relationship or lack of it while dead bodies at the fair held on lighthouse grounds requires Alex's detecting.
Linda
Jul 27, 2012 Linda rated it liked it
Shelves: challenge
This was the first book in the lighthouse series that I've read and I enjoyed it. Sometimes I got a little overwhelmed with all the characters but overall very nice. It was a quick read too.
Juanita
Jul 06, 2010 Juanita rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this second of Tim Meyers books I have read. A quick read and was very entertaining. I will read more from him now that I have found some old copies of his paperbacks.
Melissa
Feb 19, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
Book #84 read in 2007

A little predictable, but an easy, light read nonetheless. I enjoyed it and will continue the series.

Sent to a bookcrosser
Joe O'c
Sep 14, 2011 Joe O'c rated it liked it
Very Good; Continuing character: Alex Winston; innkeeper has another murder on his hands when a craft fair participant turns up dead
Rich Meyer
Sep 20, 2012 Rich Meyer rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Not as good as the first, but still showing a bit of promise.
Kimncocoa
Jan 04, 2008 Kimncocoa rated it liked it
Was a fun light read. No real brainpower needed.
Leslie
Jul 04, 2015 Leslie rated it it was ok
I figured out who did it way too early.
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2016
Teresa Grubbs
Teresa Grubbs rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Khd
Khd marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
CottonCandy
CottonCandy marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
  • Deadly Greetings (A Card Making Mystery, #2)
  • Biggie and the Devil Diet (Biggie Weatherford, #6)
  • The Bone Fire (Gil Montoya Mystery #2)
  • Dolled Up For Murder (Gretchen Birch, #1)
  • Signal Red
  • Dying for Dinner (A Cooking Class Mystery, #4)
  • Evan and Elle  (Constable Evans, #4)
  • Dead Past (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #4)
  • Death, Snow, and Mistletoe (Tori Miracle, #4)
  • The Piper on the Mountain (Felse, #5)
  • Pasta Imperfect (Passport to Peril, #3)
  • The Devil's Closet
  • Spade & Archer: The Prequel to Dashiell Hammett's The Maltese Falcon
  • Father's Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #10)
  • Dark Dreamer (Dark Vista, #1)
  • Stone Quarry (Lydia Chin & Bill Smith, #6)
  • Bamboo and Blood (Inspector O, #3)
  • Loco Motive (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #25)
Also writes under the pseudonyms Elizabeth Bright, Melissa Glazer and Chris Cavender.

Tim Myers is the author of dozens of short stories published in mystery magazines and anthologies. He lives with his family near the Blue Ridge Mountains he loves and writes about. He is the award-winning author of the Agatha nominated Lighthouse Inn mystery series as well as over seventy short stories. Tim has be
More about Tim Myers...

A Lighthouse Inn Mystery (7 books)
  • Innkeeping with Murder (A Lighthouse Inn Mystery, #1)
  • Murder Checks Inn (A Lighthouse Inn Mystery, #3)
  • Room for Murder (A Lighthouse Inn Mystery, #4)
  • Booked for Murder (A Lighthouse Inn Mystery, #5)
  • Key to Murder (A Lighthouse Inn Mystery, #6)
  • Ring for Murder (A Lighthouse Inn Mystery, #7)

“Murder had come back to The Hatteras West Inn, and it was a most unwelcome guest.” 1 likes