Start by marking “Cam Jansen and the Green School Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #28)” as Want to Read:
Cam Jansen and the Green School Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #28)

Cam Jansen and the Green School Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries #28)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Cam Jansen?s school is going green. For each can or bottle Cam and her classmates bring in to be recycled, the school earns a nickel. But when all the nickels go missing, everyone suspects they were stolen. Can Cam click! and use her photographic memory to solve this mystery?

Published October 2nd 2008 by Viking Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Cam Jansen and the Green School Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cam Jansen and the Green School Mystery

The Mystic Princesses and the Whirlpool by P.J. LaRueThe Urban Homestead (Expanded & Revised Edition) by Kelly CoyneCradle to Cradle by William McDonoughThe Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael PollanSilent Spring by Rachel Carson
Being "Green"
79th out of 250 books — 173 voters
An Elephant Is On My House by Othen Donald Dale CummingsThe Wolves in the Walls by Neil GaimanThe Bunnicula Collection by James HoweOdd and the Frost Giants by Neil GaimanJames and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
Best Audiobooks for Kids
85th out of 95 books — 34 voters

More lists with this book...

Lindsay
Jennifer "Cam" (short for 'camera', a nickname given to her for her photographic memory) Jansen and her friend Eric Shelton help the school principal and teachers solve an Earth Day mystery. The kids at school have worked hard collecting cans to be recycled, earning a nickel from the recycling center for each can they bring in. When the final fundraising announcement is about to be made, however, the coins are missing and some bricks are sitting in their place. It is up to Cam's photographic mem ...more
Jodi
This book was what about how Cam Jansen solved the mystery of the stolen dimes. The school is trying to go green and have the students bring in cans to recycle and get nickels. They did this in order for the school to put in solar panels to save money on electricity. This is a great book to learn about fossil fuels and recycling.
Heather
This review was written by my six-year-old...It goes a little off the topic at times...

Cam Jansen is someone who can remember everything she sees. She's really cool. I wish I could have a memory like that because I would pass every spelling test. She helps the principal and the gym teacher solve the mystery of who stole the dimes for the new sky lights at the school. They are really like windows in the ceiling and not really lights. The school is trying to help the environment. That means they a
Susan
This is a fun, quick read that helps introduce the concept of environmental awareness. I would use this to help get students to be more aware of their physical environment, and the concept of recycling and the benefits to be gained.
Leiera Monae
Children's Reading Adventures Book Club, Summer 2014

*D.E.A.R. Time -- Read with 7 year olds*

07.07.2014
Dolly
Jun 27, 2009 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our girls love the Cam Jansen series of mysteries by David A. Adler and Susanna Natti and this is a new one. It's environmental themes are common now, but along from the mystery, the story offers some simple ways children can do their part to help the environment. We really enjoyed reading this story together.
Susan Davidson
This book is a fun read that moves along nicely. I would use this book to teach energy conservation, recycling.
Carman
The students at Cam's school raise money to help get solar panels added to the school. When the money comes up missing, Cam uses her photographic memory to help solve the crime. Students from 2nd-4th can use critical thinking skills to see if they can solve the mystery on their own.
Sharlet Mullen
I love the Cam Jansen easy chapter books. When ever a child is moving to chapter books I think Cam Jansen is a great place to start. They are quick reads so children do not get bored, still have pictures and mysteries are always fun.
Lauren Gemske
Read this book with my students, and I totally time-traveled to 1991 (when I read it for the first time). Cam Jansen is the ultimate protagonist - smart, savvy and independent! Loved it!
Ellen
Not an exceptional book, but not terrible either. Cam's character is likeable and accessible to early chapter book readers.
QingQing
QingQing marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Pink
Pink marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Skylar J. Huston
Skylar J. Huston marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Yenny
Yenny marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Dane
Dane added it
Jun 15, 2015
L Keim
L Keim added it
Jun 10, 2015
Addison
Addison marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Irene McClanahan
Irene McClanahan marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Deidra
Deidra added it
Apr 06, 2015
Sydney Robinson
Sydney Robinson marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
  • The Halloween Hoax (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #9)
  • Horrible Harry and the Holidaze
  • Henry and Mudge and the Best Day of All (Henry and Mudge, #14)
  • Who Cloned the President? (Capital Mysteries #1)
  • Megan The Monday Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Fun Day Fairies, #1)
  • Two Times the Fun
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • Miss Child Has Gone Wild! (My Weirder School, #1)
Adler was born in New York City, New York. He graduated from Queens College in 1968 with a bachelor's degree in economics and education. For the next nine years, he worked as a mathematics teacher for the New York City Board of Education, while taking classes towards a master's degree in marketing, a degree he was awarded by New York University in 1971. In that same year, a question from his then- ...more
More about David A. Adler...

Cam Jansen Mysteries (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Gold Coins (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #5)
  • Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Circus Clown (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Carnival Prize (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #9)
  • The Mystery at the Monkey House (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #10)
The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1) The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3) The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2) The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4) The Chocolate Fudge Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #14)