Start by marking “The Puppet Master” as Want to Read:
The Puppet Master

The Puppet Master

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  102 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
In this compelling thriller by the acclaimed author of The Deadliest Strain, four seemingly disparate lives are beginning to unravel--and one person holds the strings. Original."
Published January 1st 2009 by Mira Books (first published December 25th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Puppet Master, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Puppet Master

Juanita
Feb 01, 2016 Juanita rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure
Now that I have finished the book I can say the book was a mystery thriller. With four different stories in the first half of the book that were mysteriously not connected made me want to read more, thriving for answers. One story about a college student being kidnapped in Turkey, another about a child dying, and sent to Germany waiting for a kidney transplant, the next is a man who is in the witness protection program (USA) and is suppose to be dead than comes out of hiding to talk to his girl ...more
Elaine
Sep 10, 2009 Elaine rated it liked it
Entertaining. I am tired of reading about fabulously rich people being able to enact revenge on others through the use of their huge fortunes. Maybe I need to read some other type of fiction for a change of pace.
Mackenzie
Nov 27, 2009 Mackenzie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library, 2009
Since this summer, I've been dying to read this book. I saw it several times in the local used bookstore, but had already completed my purchase so decided to wait until my next trip to get it. Unfortunately, the next time I went to the bookstore, someone had purchased it. So, I ordered it from the public library, as they didn't yet have it. It finally came in, and I had first dibs on it. :)

It was really intriguing the whole way through. I loved the way in "Book 1", each chapter was about a diffe
Jackie
Oct 05, 2014 Jackie rated it it was amazing
This book is an amazing example of the quality artistry that is Jan Coffey's work! It is very much a journey through the mind of mastermind. It was as I expect from Ms.Coffey well written and developed characters and plots that are true to life experiences. I have hence read this one three more times since my first read and still love it! It is four lives in balance and struggle of good and evil it very much a theme on this one. It show how quickly lives can be pulled together by one person for ...more
Denise Whelan
Apr 27, 2011 Denise Whelan rated it it was amazing
This was a very good book! All these lives intertwined until later when they meet each other! I could not put this book down, that is how this book is great! Each of these people come from different backgrounds, ages, and genders. They each have something different to offer "The Puppet Master," even when you hear the heartbreaking details. I would highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone who is looking for a good read, but that will also blow your mind and leave you on the edge of your ...more
Ashley Marie
Jun 02, 2015 Ashley Marie rated it really liked it
I enjoyed how the characters intertwined.
Lou Williamson
Aug 12, 2014 Lou Williamson rated it it was amazing
Very good, unique, fast moving story with a good surprise ending.
Patt
Aug 27, 2013 Patt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery-suspense
This was an excellent story that had you stymied until all the characters started coming together. What can Alanna, a rocket scientist, Jay, a young computer hacker, and David, a former international banking executive, possibly have in common? Steven, a billionaire with a score to settle, brings them all together for a chance at revenge. Excellent read.
εlﻨբ ツ
Mar 26, 2012 εlﻨբ ツ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bir finans müdürü,roket bilimci ve bilgisayar dahisinden oluşan muhteşem ekibiyle Steven Galvin oğlunun ölümünden sorumluları cezalandırmak için işe koyulur.Adama hak verdim okurken.olay biraz aceleye getirilmiş gibiydi.daha güzel olabilirdi..
Chris Aquila
Apr 04, 2012 Chris Aquila rated it it was amazing
I rarely give 5 stars to a book but this book deserves it. I just stumbled across this book and started reading and didn't put it down untill it was done. Its been a long time since that happened. It made me remember how fun reading is.
Christian
Aug 28, 2011 Christian rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
Fairly well written thriller, that keeps you guessing in the first part how all those people fit together. The second part is then when the real action starts, showing that vengenance isn't always fulfilling.
SherryMarch
Dec 29, 2011 SherryMarch rated it liked it
I enjoyed the way the different characters were introduced to the story and watching as thier lives intertwine.
Cyndyml
Aug 10, 2012 Cyndyml rated it really liked it
An enjoyable summer thriller/intrigue read. Ending nicely thought out, good characters Definitely worth the time.
Suzanne
Dec 16, 2013 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
I have read the twelve books they have written and am always amazed at the stories they weave.
Hilary
This was quick, engaging, and a good airplane read, but pretty so so. There was no "there" there.
Jacquelyn Arseneau
Aug 07, 2013 Jacquelyn Arseneau rated it it was ok
It was so good in the beginning then it got dull. Pretty boring overall to be honest
Joyce Hahnenkratt
Jan 17, 2011 Joyce Hahnenkratt rated it really liked it
Kept me guessing until the end. will add her to my list of books to be read.
Praeo
Sep 17, 2009 Praeo rated it really liked it
This book was awesome. I really liked it.
Sam
Aug 18, 2010 Sam rated it liked it
The Puppet Master by Jan Coffey (2008)
Tiffany Cox
Tiffany Cox marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Zeynep
Zeynep marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
KIM
KIM marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Pınar
Pınar added it
Jan 19, 2016
Clynn
Clynn marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Olivia Burdon
Olivia Burdon marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Megan Pettitt
Megan Pettitt marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Body Parts (Tally Whyte, #1)
  • Taken (Randall Shane, #1)
  • Suspect
  • Target
  • The Hunted
  • The Good Liar
  • Silver Falls
  • Whitewash
  • Deep Down
  • Dünyanın İlk Günü
  • Lisa Scottoline: The First Two Novels: Everywhere That Mary Went and Final Appeal
  • Nar Ağacı
  • The Death List
  • All The Pretty Dead Girls
  • Die Before I Wake
  • Strange Nervous Laughter
  • Sleep Softly
  • The Tournament Trilogy
May McGoldrick
(a.k.a. Nikoo & Jim McGoldrick)

Nikoo and Jim McGoldrick are storytellers with a checkered past.
From the submarine shipyards of Electric Boat in Groton, Connecticut, and the clubs of Rodeo Drive, to the forges of Pennsylvania and the electronics manufacturers of Massachusetts, these two have spent their lives gathering material for their novels. Nikoo, a manufacturing engineer, an
More about Jan Coffey...