Gargoyles Don't Drive School Buses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #19)

Gargoyles Don't Drive School Buses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #19)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  502 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The Bailey City Library is in an old, gothic building with six large gargoyles perched on the roof. At least, there used to be six. Now there are only five . . . and the new bus driver, Mr. Stone, looks exactly like one of the statues! Could Mr. Stone be a living gargoyle?
Published March 1st 1996 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Gargoyles Don't Drive School Buses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gargoyles Don't Drive School Buses

Dolly
Jun 28, 2014 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
Shelves: 2014, childrens, library
This is the nineteenth book in The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids series by Debbie Dadey and Marcia Thornton Jones. The stories are very short, easy reads and all have a similar theme, so they are somewhat predictable, just based on the title of the book. Still, they are entertaining and I especially liked this one because it features the town library so prominently in the story.
Micaela Semien
This was a weird one, but of course I still read it. It took me a while to finish reading it though. These were the best books ever, I could not put them down.
PWRL
Jun 25, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
E
Kimberly
The collection of "The adventures of the Bailey School Kids" stories are among my all-time favorite children's books. Witty, mischievous and fun, these short and silly books continue to bring giggles to the young and old. Just as I have enjoyed them as a kid, my own children also love them today. I even catch myself re-reading them (alone) from time to time. What can I say? I guess I'll always be a BSK kid at heart.
Izlinda
I suppose it was appropriate I read this book while in a library (though a new modern one, not an old Gothic library) on the cusp of Halloween weekend.

I've a soft spot for libraries which is basically the only reason I gave this book an extra star from my usual rating. It's not that educational in terms of learning something new, but I like how it flows.
Catherine
I really like the Bailey School Kids books. Yes, they are basically for elementary school kids, but they are so cute. I hope that my kids enjoy them when they get older, especially since we have so many. There are a ton of these books, but I had never read this one until recently.
Kristy
I remember this as one of the more touching episodes of the BSK because the kids take more consideration about how they might hurt Mr. Stone's feelings, and because they work so hard to save the library. This would be a good lesson in character motivation.
Molly
Nov 11, 2012 Molly added it
A silly series that creates more questions than it answers. It's great for formulating theories as well as predictions. The class dynamics should be very familiar to those of the Magic School Bus generation.
Wendy Bobo
Wendy Bobo marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Junie
Junie marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Raultrujillo
Raultrujillo marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Noah
Noah added it
Sep 13, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
Bailey Elkins
Bailey Elkins marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Kyra
Kyra added it
Aug 26, 2014
Shelby
Shelby marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • The Chariot of Queen Zara (The Secrets of Droon, #27)
  • Horrible Harry and the Kickball Wedding
  • Who Cloned the President? (Capital Mysteries #1)
  • Class President
  • Don't Hurt My Pony (Pony Pals, #10)
  • Countdown to the Year 1000 (Dragon Slayer's Academy, #8)
  • The Littles Go To School
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
Debbie Dadey is the author and co-author of 162 books for children, including the Mermaid Tales series from Simon and Schuster and the beloved Adventures of The Bailey School Kids from Scholastic. Ms. Dadey is a former teacher and librarian. Please like her at Facebook.com/debbiedadey.
More about Debbie Dadey...
Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1) Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2) Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #4) Cupid Doesn't Flip Hamburgers (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #12) Dracula Doesn't Drink Lemonade (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #16)