Start by marking “The Little Black Book of Tea: The Essential Guide to All Things Tea” as Want to Read:
The Little Black Book of Tea: The Essential Guide to All Things Tea

The Little Black Book of Tea: The Essential Guide to All Things Tea

What's hot? It's tea, in all its delicious and dizzying varieties! The Little Black Book of Tea offers a brisk and full-bodied look at tea varieties and grades, teas of the world, and brewing basics. This tribute to tea includes recipes for hot and cold tea drinks and accompaniments. Steep yourself in The Essential Guide to All Things Tea -- the new coffee!
Spiral-bound, 144 pages
Published June 1st 2006 by Peter Pauper Press (first published May 17th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Little Black Book of Tea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Black Book of Tea

Janne Varvára
Handy little book with passion for tea. Informative about the tea-making process and the distribution of it, as well as tea traditions in different cultures, and with interesting recipes.
Bloody excellent.
Jorg
Oct 28, 2016 Jorg rated it liked it
Shelves: food
Nice, but all too brief--and I wish the authors spent more time on the history and botany of tea rather than a collection of recipes. Still, made me thirsty for some Assam and Nilgiri and sent me on a search of Sikkim.
Laura Greenwood
May 19, 2013 Laura Greenwood rated it liked it
Review originally posted on: http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

Its not often that I read non-fiction books but I read this one all about tea. It may seem like a slightly strange subject to want to read about, but I love tea and wanted to know more about it. I found it a really interesting, and I finally discovered what the difference between black, green and white tea which I wasn't clear on before. I also found it really easy to read, one of the reasons that I don't read non-fiction books
Kel
Apr 19, 2014 Kel rated it liked it
Recommends it for: tea drinkers
This is a perfect pocket-sized guide to tea.

It gives a basic overview of all the need-to-know stuff as well as including extras like recipes.

It gives a nice amount of information of different types of teas as well as a good explanation on how different types of tea are graded. It discusses popular teas and gives some background on how tea is received in different countries.

It definitely feels like it has been written for an American audience however this doesn't take away from the books usefulne
indiefishsteak
Mar 31, 2007 indiefishsteak rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
This is really great to have around and very useful for getting into tea, but it's not completely thorough or anything. Still, I really enjoy it and recommend it to everyone.
Carol-Anne
Mar 30, 2014 Carol-Anne rated it really liked it
Great book that provides basic information on tea types and grades. There are also recipes for tea drinks, sweets, and savouries.
Nakul Shenoy
Sep 23, 2015 Nakul Shenoy rated it it was amazing
A well designed, pocketbook all about tea - containing the history, types, and recipes. Recommended.
VelaNoon
Jul 08, 2012 VelaNoon rated it really liked it
A charming book with cute illustrations and interesting facts. The handy size makes it great for bringing with you if you want a light read on the bus.
James Oram
James Oram rated it did not like it
Dec 20, 2015
Carrie
Carrie rated it it was ok
Aug 18, 2015
Laurajean
Laurajean rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Dave
Dave rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2015
Noel
Noel rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2013
Beata Bauza
Beata Bauza rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2017
Steve Pearce
Steve Pearce rated it liked it
May 19, 2014
Vivian
Vivian rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2010
Cristina
Cristina rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2014
Jem
Jem rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2016
David Keith
David Keith rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Gary
Gary rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2013
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2015
Jaclyn
Jaclyn rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2014
Klinc
Klinc rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Denele
Denele rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2013
Joyce (Completely Booked)
Joyce (Completely Booked) rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2014
Alexa
Feb 04, 2010 Alexa added it
The Little Black Book of Tea: The Essential Guide to All Things Tea by Mike Heneberry (2006)
Biny
Biny rated it it was ok
Feb 19, 2015
Melissa Graff
Melissa Graff rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2011