Start by marking “Blood of Innocents” as Want to Read:
Blood of Innocents

Blood of Innocents

3.13 of 5 stars 3.13  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  17 reviews
On the evening of May 5, 1993, three Cub Scouts rode their bikes into the woods of Robin Hood Hills in West Memphis. Before dawn, all three would be dead--horribly slain after a night of torture. As shocking as the crime itself was the actual identity of the murderers, who were hardly more than children themselves. 12 pages of photos.
Published March 1st 2000 by Pinnacle (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Blood of Innocents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood of Innocents

Braxton
Feb 27, 2011 Braxton rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
This book is extremely biased against the accused killers. It was written while the trial was going on, so the controversy surrounding the case isn't touched upon. Devil's Knot: The True Story of the West Memphis Three is a much better source of information. It was written after the trials, and talks in detail about the coerced confession, the lack of evidence, and witnesses who recanted their statements after the trial, among other things.
Andrew
in many ways this is a horrific book..not only does it deal with the sadistic killing of three young boys but in confronts the real possibility that the court case and convictions that followed were a sham.
at the time of writing the accused are free under a strange deceleration that they can maintain their innocence whilst the state can retain their credibility by claiming there was enough evidence for a conviction...that said given that witnesses have since been discredited and the lack of murd
Julie
Apr 10, 2008 Julie rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
Recommended to Julie by: someone who knows I am a WM3 supporter
I would give this negative 5 stars if I could.

Wildly biased and poorly written. Check out Devil's Knot for a truer, clearer, and unbiased account.
Mandy
This book is the reason that I don't read True Crime novels very often.

Regardless of what I think of the WM3 and who killed Stevie, Chris and Michael, this book is poorly written and almost painful to read. It was written during the trials, and quite obviously it was written quickly, to try and make a few dollars off this now-famous case.

In several places, the author makes things up simply to fill in the holes in the story, as if this were fiction and not a real life event.

If you want to learn
Mary
I am currently reading this book and I have alot of knowledge of the case, and i really don't like what I am reading
Chris Ramsey
About 15 years ago, I saw the first documentary (Paradise Lost) as an HBO special, delving into the apparent problems with this case surrounding the investigation of the accused (and ultimately convicted) and also the follow up to it, several years later. I recently ran across this book in a used book store. In a weird way, throughout both the documentaries and while reading this book, I felt a certain kinship shared with Damien Echols (from the perspective of my late teenage years) that has alw ...more
Jessika
This book horrified me. It is not recent and they wrote it in such a way that you ended the book believing these boys were heartless child killers. After i was finished i started doing some research online and found all these groups dedicated to freeing these boys, because they were wrongly accused. New forensics have proven they were innocent and that one of the kids step dads was the killer. They have been released. Its amazing to read the book now and cross it to interviews of the family memb ...more
Penny Chance
This book doesn't have all the facts. It was poorly written, worse than your average newspaper article. Devil's Knot is a much more accurate telling of the story. It is obvious what the writer thinks about the accused young men. So much was left out of this book. This case is notorious for reasonable doubt, yet the author left out so many facts, it is hard to tell it is the same case. Very disappointing. Looks like someone is just trying to make a little money off this tragedy instead of get to ...more
Gayle
I would have had a very hard time if I were on the jury of this case. They just had so little evidence. I think the whole thing was decided on emotion rather than fact. The only thing they had was Misskelley's confession and even that was suspect. The police made many mistakes. I don't like to see criminals get off on technicalities, but I'm kind of surprised they didn't in this case.
James
Great read. I dont believe it was completely unbiased though. The book never mentioned Miskelly recanting his confession immediately after making it. Or did this not happen? Im am not sure on wether Echols, Baldwin, or Miskelly commited the murder. What I am sure of is that there was not near enough evidence to prove these boys commited the murder (beyond a shadow of adoubt).
Louise
Three Cub scout friends, together, ride their bikes into the woods and before dawn all three are found dead!

Good book if you like true crime.

Tanya
The first book published on the West Memphis Three, but certainly not the best. Just ok; Devil's Knot is much much better.
Janelle
Biased, biased, biased. I guess you could say the author's bias and my own just don't mesh very well.
Kim Hunt
I'm still not sure if they're guilty or innocent. Definitely a good read though.
K. L. Petersen
A lot of pages of nothing...but that's not really the writers fault is it?
Lee-ann Dunton
A very biased look at the story of the West Memphis Three.
Angel
Angel added it
Dec 10, 2014
Ollie Brumley
Ollie Brumley marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Darcy
Darcy marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Mark Byers Book "Untying the devils knot"? 1 2 Mar 11, 2013 05:26AM
  • Hush Little Babies: the true story of a mother who murdered her own children
  • The Man Who Killed Boys: The John Wayne Gacy, Jr. Story
  • The Boy in the Box: The Unsolved Case of America's Unknown Child
  • My Life at Grey Gardens: 13 Months and Beyond
  • The Death of Innocents: A True Story of Murder, Medicine, and High-Stake Science
  • The Killer Department: Detective Viktor Burakov's Eight-Year Hunt for the Most Savage Seria
  • The Darkest Night: The Murder of Innocence in a Small Town
  • The Human Predator: A Historical Chronicle of Serial Murder and Forensic Investigation
  • After Etan: The Missing Child Case that Held America Captive
  • How Not to Die: Surprising Lessons on Living Longer, Safer, and Healthier from America's Favorite Medical Examiner
  • From Cradle to Grave: The Short Lives and Strange Deaths of Marybeth Tinning's Nine Children
  • Don't Pee on My Leg and Tell Me It's Raining: America's Toughest Family Court Judge Speaks Out
  • Impossible: The Case Against Lee Harvey Oswald; Volume One