Starring Tracy Beaker

Starring Tracy Beaker (Tracy Beaker #3)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  1,809 ratings  ·  59 reviews
Tracy Beaker is back and she’s just desperate for a role in her school play, A Christmas Carol and for one extremely worrying moment, the irrepressible Tracy thinks she might not even get to play one of the unnamed street urchins. But then she is cast in the main role. Can she manage to act grumpy, difficult and sulky enough to play Ebeneezer Scrooge? Well, she does have a...more
Published October 31st 2006 by Doubleday UK

Lola Rose by Jacqueline WilsonVicky Angel by Jacqueline WilsonThe Illustrated Mum by Jacqueline WilsonMy Sister Jodie by Jacqueline WilsonGirls In Love by Jacqueline Wilson
Best Jacqueline Wilson books
31st out of 64 books — 148 voters
Irrepressible You by Georgina PenneyUnforgettable You by Georgina PenneyConfessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaThe Undomestic Goddess by Sophie KinsellaThe Cinderella Blues by Obren Bokich
Chick Lit With Positive Heroines
19th out of 28 books — 38 voters

More lists with this book...

Laura87
Jacqueline Wilson (named the Children’s Laureate 2005 – 2007) continues her string of successful children’s books by introducing one about a young girl called Tracy Beaker.
‘Starring Tracy Beaker’ is not the first book written by Wilson that stars this young character. Tracy Beaker has become a popular story book series worldwide and has also become a successful hit TV show.

Tracy Beaker, while still living in the care home for looked after children (as she calls it, the ‘dumping ground’) decides...more
Hannah
I re-read this book recently because I love Jacqueline Wilson and I thought I'd re-read all of my old books whilst awaiting some new books to arrive. Jacqueline was my idol and I adored every single one of her books growing up, so I knew that I would enjoy this.

Tracy Beaker is the most famous character in Jacqueline Wilson's books. She has a movie adaptation, a series and even an ongoing spinoff set of series' just from Tracy's story. Tracy is loud, aggressive and most of all: she lives in care....more
Annabel
Dame Jacqueline Wilson (a very deserved title!) is, in my opinion, the best contemporary children's writer. She writes perfectly, in content, theme, style and accessibility for children from aged 6 to 13 (ish - of course this varies among children). She writes flawlessly for children, I could not find a single fault.

She is never patronizing and introduces young people to important life issues such as love, poverty, friendship, adolescence, separated parents, illnesses and so much more, in a mann...more
Mery
Yay ini buku Jacqueline Wilson ketujuh yang kubaca. Harusnya sih ini ada buku pertamanya, tapi ternyata ceritanya ga nyambung sama sekali. Dan seperti buku-buku Madam Jacki lainnya, buku ini bikin trenyuh. Walau ditulisnya dengan gaya penuh semangat, tetap saja mataku berkaca-kaca pas bacanya.

Tracy Beaker ini tinggal di panti asuhan tapi dia menyebutnya Tempat Pembuangan. Ibu Tracy adalah bintang Hollywood terkenal yang begitu sibuk hingga tak bisa merawat dirinya dan kemudian menitipkannya ke p...more
Patrick Sherriff
So it's a bit right-on, our heroine is an abandoned child and she's chosen to play Scrouge in the school play, but it's pretty good children's fiction. Kept my young-un enthralled at bedtime until dropping off (after about two pages in every night), and I found myself reading on just to see what would happen next. Quite clever but never condescending and justice of course is done.
Betty dian anggraeni
pertama melihat cover buku ini,yang ada di pikiranku saat itu adalah, 'apa yang akan dilakukan anak berambut keriting ini dalam buku cerita "Starring Tracy Beaker"?'. begitu melihat cerita di belakang buku, aku mengerti apa yang akan anak ini lakukan. bermain dalam pentas drama natal A Christmas Carol di sekolah. namun yang menjadi 'tanda tanya' besar adalah, apakah seorang Tracy Beaker, anak yatim piatu yang tinggal di panti asuhan -yang ia katakan sebagai' tempat pembuangan' bisa bermain pada...more
Astri
Paling suka sama kisah Tracy Beaker yang ini... dan paling suka juga hubungan Tracy sm Cam Ibu asuhnya.
Sedih dan kasian liat Tracy yang ngenet banget dan rindu pengen ketemu mamanya... tp mamanya sepertinya sama sekali ga peduli sm Tracy...
Ursula Clancy
I loved these books when I was younger because they are so funny and entertaining. Agood way to pass the time, no matter what age you are.
Brianna
its a very happy/funny book, i've always been a lover of tracy beaker books and i think this book is for very level headed people
Daisy
Feb 21, 2014 Daisy added it
i read this on my birthday as it was a present. i didnt put it down until i had finished it.
Ella Muirhead
Very Good! Some points were a bit confusing but I would encourage you too read it! :)
Katy
I haven't read it in a long time but I can remember one thing. It's a good book.
Rania Ajjan El Hadid
I must say i was very disappointed with this book as the first in the series was so good.
Catrin
Tracy Beaker will always be my hero
Imani
Starring Tracy Beaker is the ultimate book from Jacqueline Wilson, it is about a feisty, talkative, cheeky ten year old wanna-be actress, Tracy. But besides her roughness she has a kind heart for her Dearest foster mother, Camilla, formally known as Cam. But even more than Cam, she is lyrically obsessed with the dreams of her mother visiting her. See the next adventure in THE DARE GAME!
Chloe Thomas
I read this book when I was about 10 and I absolutely loved it and couldn't put it down and after about an hour and a half I come to realize that I had finished the book and wanted to read it again. So I did just that.

I have rated this a 2 star book only because I am now 16 and no longer have an interest in that young of books but I would highly recommended to any young readers.
Minh-Hai
Another exciting story about our extraordinarily talented Tracy Beaker (a famous writer, actress and musician ... in future) starring the most difficult role, Scrooge, in the play "Christmas Carol" of the school. All characters are extremely cute, behave so naturally as if it is a true story. The story is embedded with many educational situations revealing kids' psychology.
Henry
A good addition to the Tracy Beaker series, especially following the below-par (in my opinion) The Dare Game. However, you should note that, chronologically, this is the second book in the series - the events of The Dare Game happen after this book.
Hilda
Tracy Beaker will do anything for her mum to come to her school play, she wants to follow in her mum's footsteps in "movie stardom" as she is the main character in the play "A Christmas Carol" ; however things may not go as planned. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, quite easy to read and fun.
Vanessa Alexandra
It's Tracy beaker again! Tracy bakal main drama natal di sekolahnya. Dan Tracy sangat berharap Mamanya datang untuk melihat dia tampil. Di akhir buku gw sempet nangis dikit karena mamanya ga datang juga dan semua orang menghibur dia:( Hiks..

-Vanessa
Rahmadiyanti
Kadang kesiaaan deh ama Tracy. Ngarep banget ketemu ibunya, sampe beliin kalung, lipstik, dll. Tapi dasar ibunya geblek, hehe. Masih nyelip kalimat-kalimat kasar sih, tapi dibanding buku-buku sebelumnya agak berkurang. Yah, it was okay aja dah.
Sugar8
Feb 11, 2012 Sugar8 added it
Am reading this it's werid cause i do not know if tracy mum is coming and it was not tracy faught.That little justin got a stinky bleeding nose aaaaaaaaaagh she is mean.I never knew louise was Tracy best frend.
Lucy
A bit sad. But for some reason it made me want to adopt a kid. I liked the bit where Tracy did the show, and was brilliant at it, but I actually hoped her mum would come to see the show.
Alannah Clarke
There will be always be something about this series I will admire, maybe it was because this is the series that really got me hooked to Jacqueline Wilson.
carla knowles. ♥
Apr 01, 2008 carla knowles. ♥ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: MrGibson
I Thouroughly enjoyed this book, it is about a girl called Tracy Beaker who wants a place in her talent show but her privelage is taken away from her.... x
Lucy K-z
This book was sad at the beginning, like the things that were happening to Tracy, but the ending was a happy one, and I think this book was good.
Norah
Tracy has really big dreams for stardom; she wants to be an actress, like her mother, but she has to learn a lot as she is in an adoption center.
Dizzy Doe
This is the second of he Tracy beaker series, Tracy has been given the lead role in her schools christmas play but can she be good enough?
destinugrainy
Tracy Beaker ini anak yang "menyebalkan". Sok penting, sok hebat, tapi lucu...
Paling suka sama Peter yg selalu gugup ;-)
  • Sundae Girl
  • Summer Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #8)
  • Charm School
  • The Rockingdown Mystery (Barney Mysteries, #1)
  • The Firework-Maker's Daughter
  • Love at Second Sight
  • The Pirates of Pompeii (Roman Mysteries, #3)
  • You're a Bad Man, Mr Gum!
  • Horrid Henry Gets Rich Quick
  • William Again (Just William, #3)
  • The Set Up (Medusa Project, #1)
  • Drawing with Light
Jacqueline Wilson was born in Bath in 1945, but spent most of her childhood in Kingston-on-Thames. She always wanted to be a writer and wrote her first ‘novel’ when she was nine, filling in countless Woolworths’ exercise books as she grew up. As a teenager she started work for a magazine publishing company and then went on to work as a journalist on Jackie magazine (which she was told was named af...more
More about Jacqueline Wilson...
The Story of Tracy Beaker Double Act Girls In Love (Girls, #1) The Illustrated Mum Vicky Angel