Start by marking “Say No To Joe? (Visitation, North Carolina, #1)” as Want to Read:
Say No To Joe? (Visitation, North Carolina, #1)

Say No To Joe? (Visitation, North Carolina #1)

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,571 Ratings  ·  121 Reviews
You met Joe Winston in Lori Foster's Wild. Now, the Winston brothers' seductive, bad-boy cousin is back and up against a woman who's immune to his considerable charms. . .or so it seems. . .

Irresistible Force--Meet Immovable Object

Joe Winston has a routine with women: he exists; they swoon; roll credits. With his smoldering looks, macho style, and irrepressible charm, Joe
Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Published August 1st 2003 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Say No To Joe?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Say No To Joe?

Bet Me by Jennifer CrusieCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsIt Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThe Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Best Ever Contemporary Romance Books
113th out of 3,072 books — 6,502 voters
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaThe Undomestic Goddess by Sophie KinsellaEdible Delectables by Amy WisemanBet Me by Jennifer CrusieCall Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Cute and quick romance novels.
27th out of 371 books — 166 voters

More lists with this book...

Kellie G.
Apr 07, 2013 Kellie G. rated it really liked it
A typical Lori Foster book- sexy, well written with fun, feisty characters and witty dialog.
Thanks to Dorsey for loaning me this!!
Erin Kern
Dec 03, 2013 Erin Kern rated it really liked it
I first fell in love with Joe Winston when he made his appearance in the Winston Bros. series. He came in as the mysterious, bad older cousin who was able to catch the eye of Luna, a woman who's a polar opposite of him.

Personally I could not have found a better woman to fit Joe's alpha male, dominating personality. She's a little spit-fire who doesn't take any of Joe's Me-Tarzaan-You-Jane tendencies. The two of them have a chemistry that's tangible and burns the pages up.

Ms. Foster uses Joe to m
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
I see this is lending enabled for Kindle. Would anyone be willing to lend it to me?

Thanks for the lend, Michelle!! *hugs*
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
5 STARS

I loved Luna and Joe story! The kids were hilarious and sweet, really nice intrigue and nice steam factor. A winner!
Lynsey
Wow. I can not tell you how much I love this series of books.

Lori Foster writes such great men. They are really manly, confident, protective and honourable - what real men should be. And Joe is number 1 in my opinion. I also love the women, they are all sassy in their different ways and have bag loads of gumption. Luna is my favourite so far.

I haven't read any of this series in order, but that hasn't spoilt it at all. In fact I've enjoyed piecing all the people together, and I love hearing more
Brenda (b)
Dec 08, 2009 Brenda (b) rated it really liked it
Lori Foster introduced Joe and Luna in the Winston Brothers series (I read Wildly Winston ) and she told their story here. It was an enjoyable read and I liked the characters. I thought the kids, Willow and Austin, were an interesting part to the story. There was a bit of suspense/mystery on 2 fronts, one involving the man following Joe and the other surrounding the person who was targeting the children.
Susan
Sep 30, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing
This was a very fun book. Joe is the typical alpha male, appealing to women, protective when necessary, and anti-commitment. But his tough guy image is a little tarnished at the beginning of the book as he is recovering from being pretty badly beaten. When Luna shows up at his place to ask for his help she finds him being molested by a couple of women, and has no problem running them off.

Luna has been made guardian of two children in a small town that is making a lot of trouble for the kids. She
Viohlet
Caro [The Book Rogue]
After the Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor series, Lori Foster has proven herself to me, thus I just had to grab something else written by her. Good for me that there's enough to chose from, but I just picked up the first I came across. I'm sure I'll make my way through all her works eventually, though. ^.^

My first thought was that Visitation was a very odd name for a series, because it didn't ring a bell. Then I found out it's actually the name of that town they move to, and when I read the end o
Stephanie Williams
Mar 01, 2015 Stephanie Williams rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much, it was sad n found myself teary-eyed. I really feel for those kids but I'm glad luna n Joe are there for them now. wondering if there is another book in the series so I can read it
Jill
Aug 12, 2013 Jill rated it it was amazing
This is one of my all-time favorites! Definitely my favorite Lori Foster book, Say No To Joe has everything I look for in a good romance. The characters are not only likable, they're interesting and definitely have chemistry that just leaps off the page. Another mark of a great book, Foster has created some equally wonderful secondary characters to really add depth to the story. The plot is great, the character awesome, and the romance is hot and perfectly balanced with the rest of the story. I ...more
Shannon
I'd never say no to Joe, that's for sure!
I love the way Lori Foster writes an alpha male...so hot, protective, loving, hot, funny, with the just right about of dominance. And did I mention hot?
And Joe Winston is all that and a bag of chips! Loved his character from the moment we met him in the Winston Brothers series.
Luna is his perfect match, from the time she threw the sandwich at his head.
I really enjoyed this book, from the banter between Joe and Luna, to the compassion and caring Joe show
Lady Raven RAVE!
Feb 05, 2011 Lady Raven RAVE! rated it it was amazing
HE WAS ONE HOT MAN!
I CAN ONLY SAY THAT LORI FOSTER HAS FOUND A GIFT IN HER SOMETIME AGO.ANY LADY THAT CAN WRITE ABOUT A ROMANCE LIKE HER BOOKS DO IS SOMETHING SPECIAL. I KNOW FOR MYSELF IT TOOK ME LESS THEN 20 HOURS TO HAVE IT OVER AND BACK OUT FOR ANOTHER BOOK. JOE WAS A BIG AND BRAVE ,CARING MAN AND WE KNOW YOU CAN'T TELL ABOUT A BOOK BY IS COVER AND AS IT TURNS OUT THE SAME ABOUT MEN THAT TRUE TOO.JOE NOT ONLY LOVED LUNA AND KIDS HE MADE YOU FALL IN LOVE TOO. THANK YOU LORI FOSTER.
Ashley S.
Apr 04, 2013 Ashley S. rated it it was amazing
I read a piece of this book and loved it...I laughed so hard I nearly cried. The characters are so very real that you would almost wish you were them. This is definitely at the top, like in the #1 space on my to-read-list. And I am looking for it in the nearest Barnes and Nobles book store to buy. I am hoping to get it soon...Wish me luck
Pattianne
Jan 19, 2014 Pattianne rated it liked it
SAY NOT TO JOE? - VISITATION/N.C. #1 - (Joe and Luna) Joe a former bounty hunter saves Luna and her niece and nephew.

Exotic psychic-assistant Luna Clark has avoided confirmed bachelor Joe Winston for three long months. She knows that she's far too attracted to the very sexy Winston male but when she needs protection for her two young orphaned cousins, she turns to the tough bounty hunter. Delighted at the opportunity to spend time with Luna, Joe packs his bag and accompanies her to North Carolin
Lili
Oct 24, 2010 Lili rated it it was amazing
I'm in love... I love Joe, he's so funny, sexy, sweet and strong... totally my type!
This was a great book, I couldn't put it down, the writing is so easy to read and the plot was pretty interesting too, I didn't really know who the bad guys were right until the end.
I sooo want to know what would happen to Alyx!
Mandy
Dec 31, 2014 Mandy rated it really liked it
The husband was out of town. You know what that means. Lori Foster read-a-thon. Good camaraderie. Big uber-alpha heroes. No scary baddies. Perfect when left alone and every creak could be a giant monster trying to eat me.

Either my husband needs to travel less, or Foster needs to write more books. I’m afraid I’m running out. That’s why I went back in Foster’s catalog.

This is one of Foster’s early books. It’s pretty obvious. The writing is a little clunky. A lot of heavy handedness in the plot l
Anita
A romance with humor and a touch of mystery/suspense - I LOVE IT!! Joe Winston is a cousin to the Winston Brothers. We met him in Wild. We also met Luna in that book too.

Luna's family is not close, to say the least. Her cousin died 2 years and left 14 year old Willow and 9 year old Austin orphans. Other relatives have tried, and failed, to be their guardians and there seems to be some trouble with the townspeople too. Luna is next in line to try and handle the kids and the situation. Fearing tr
Jill
Jan 04, 2014 Jill rated it liked it

Mauaqui
Feb 20, 2015 Mauaqui rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, Joe
Wendy
Jan 04, 2013 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Was in love with a Joe when I read this a long time ago. Couldn't say no to him either.
laurie stith-tenney
Apr 11, 2011 laurie stith-tenney rated it it was amazing
I liked it. Going to start Jamie. Will have to find the other books later.
T.
Aug 25, 2014 T. rated it liked it
Shelves: freebies
I've always considered myself a Lori Foster fan, and I was excited to see 'Say No To Joe?' free on Amazon. I actually had to check the title page to make sure this wasn't a self-published book-- it was badly formatted and someone was trying to save money by not proof-reading before the book was uploaded. Full of spelling errors, formatting mistakes, and lousy punctuation. Good thing it was free. The story was entertaining for the most part, although the plot was transparent-- so no surprises the ...more
Christie P.
May 08, 2015 Christie P. rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Joe and Luna met not very long ago under not ideal circumstances. Joe wanted Luna immediately. Luna want Joe immediately away from her. Joe thinks Luna is super hot and would be amazing in bed. Luna thinks she would catch something from Joe and his bed.

The two couldn't be more different and Luna had no plans on letting Joe any where near her life until she discovers she been made the legal guardian of two of her orphaned cousins; and to top it off the kids have been in trouble lately so she's go
Angela Noviana
Judul buku Say No to Joe? ini sebenarnya pertanyaan retoris. Bagaimana caranya mengatakan tidak pada pria satu ini ketika semua yang dilakukannya membuatku lumer? Hahahahahahah....

Luna Clark sebenarnya sejak awal sudah tertarik pada Joe. Tapi pria itu suka bermain-main dan merupakan sumber masalah sehingga Luna memutuskan untuk menjauh. Tiga bulan lamanya Joe tidak pernah bertemu dengan wanita itu sampai Luna masuk ke kamarnya dan mengusir dua wanita yang berada di tempat tidurnya.

Luna tidak tah
Iza
Aug 21, 2014 Iza rated it it was amazing
“But hey, Joe was naked, and if that wasn’t enough to make any red-blooded female shake, then what could?”

Oh Joe! That's pretty much what I've been thinking, while reading this book. It's not the first time I read it and I remember loving it but I absolutely ADORED it this time, I adored Joe Winston!

It all starts with Luna needing his help. Let's just go back, a little bit, to how they met. Both Joe and Luna were side characters in a previous book, one with one of Joe's cousins. Joe was helping
Ellie
Jul 20, 2010 Ellie rated it liked it
I thought I would like Joe more. I read the Winston Brothers/ Visitation books out of order and I had seen Joe quite a bit post this book and thought that he would be different then he turned out to be.

I am a little disappointed but I think I may have had unrealistic expectations.

It's a good book. I like the inclusion of the kids and the storyline of them adjusting and such. I would have liked to see more of Luna. She's suppose to be so zanny but I didn't really see it.

I have to say, this book g
Jane Stewart
Kat Morrisey
For awhile I'd always see Lori Foster's books recommended on GR. So awhile back I tried a couple and was happy to see that I liked her style and voice. As I was perusing my local library for the book after Causing Havoc (which is Simon Says) I ran into this one. I saw that it was the first in a series so I figured, what the heck. "Simon Says" was at another library and I'd have to wait a month for it so yeah, I grabbed it.

It then sat on my dining room table for 4 weeks. I even had to renew it. I
Heather
Nov 11, 2007 Heather rated it liked it
I've been enjoying Foster the past year or so. Her characters are relatively normal people, and the plots always have a little mystery or twist without wandering into the territory of the completely unbelievable. She does a nice job writing about families and kids, too.

In this one, a former psychic's assistant (Luna) finds out she has young cousins that need a guardian. She heads to their home to check out the situation and takes Joe with her. She's hoping the PI and former bodyguard can help he
  • Dear Maggie
  • Baby, Don't Go
  • All About Seduction
  • Yours 2 Keep
  • Mouth To Mouth
  • Royal Weddings
  • How to Get Over Your Ex (Valentine's Day Survival Guide duet)
  • Straight from the Hip (Lone Star Sisters, #3)
  • Hot Chocolate (included: Winston Brothers, #1)
  • Promises Reveal (Promises, #4)
  • Down to Earth
  • The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle, #4)
  • One Night Scandal (The Spinster Club, #5)
  • Tangled Up In You (Truly Idaho, #2; Writer Friends, #3)
  • The Bride Thief
  • On Thin Ice (T-FLAC #6)
  • The Playboy (Chandler Brothers, #2)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

Visitation, North Carolina (6 books)
  • Fantasy (Visitation 0.5)
  • The Secret Life Of Bryan (Visitation, North Carolina, #2)
  • When Bruce Met Cyn (Visitation, North Carolina, #3)
  • Just a Hint - Clint (Visitation, North Carolina, #4)
  • Jamie (Visitation, North Carolina, #5)

“He was used to being playful with women, teasing while keeping ultimate control. With Luna, he felt like a berserk marauder. He couldn't even spell control, much less utilize it.” 15 likes
“Hoping to soothe her, Joe said, "Whatever it is I'll get it. Just tell me."

"Tampons."

Joe stalled. Tampons. But she was only... well, fourteen. He had no idea when young ladies needed such things. He said, "Uh...'

"I know," she all but wailed. "I'm sorry. But there aren't any here, and you're already there."

"Yeah, of course." He glanced at Austin. "No problem at all, hon." He swallowed. "Any particular kind?"

...

Hell, he could kick ass on felons, play bodyguard and bounty hunter, so surely he could buy a stupid box of tampons.”
8 likes