Mr. November (Men To The Rescue #5) (Harlequin Temptation, No. 856)

Mr. November (Men To The Rescue #5) (PI & Men to the Rescue #5)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  552 ratings  ·  16 reviews

Amanda Barker had to have firefighter Josh Marshall. With his sexy body, killer smile and incredible reputation as a lady's man, he'd sell a million of her fund-raising calendars. But Josh wasn't cooperating, and he wasn't playing fair....

If there was one thing Josh knew, it was that where there's smoke there's fire. And Ms. Amanda Barker was smokin'. Over and over, he'd r

Published November 1st 2001 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Mr. November (Men To The Rescue #5), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. November (Men To The Rescue #5)

Trial by Fire by Jo DavisWild Heat by Bella AndreSneaking a Peek by Eden SummersHidden Fire by Jo DavisUnder Fire by Jo Davis
Firemen Are Hot.....
26th out of 85 books — 227 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireLosing It by Cora CarmackPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Modern Day Virgin Heroines
195th out of 476 books — 211 voters

More lists with this book...

Jan
I don't know, I liked aspects of it, and then disliked other aspects of it, so it turned out to be a book of highs and lows.

Overall I liked both Josh and Amanda, but the story (mostly focused on Amanda's trauma's) didn't progress as I suspected, and when I first realized that I was disappointed, because what I thought that had happened to her would have been really interesting. The alternative was the lamest of lamest overused tropes (view spoiler), an...more
Kathy
Candace
I loved how playboy Josh finally fell in love! Then, to top it off, he fell in love with someone who was nothing like the women he'd been interested in before. Great story line!

At first I thought he was only interested in Amanda as a sort of "challenge" since having a woman who was not interested in him sexually was not normal for him. However, it was nice to see that he really was in love with her, was willing to admit it and was willing to wait and help her through her fears and issues.

Probabl...more
Tammie
5.00 Stars - Category/Contemporary Romance

One of my all-time favorite books! Josh is a such a dreamy hero!
Adriana Fogaça
Homens do Resgate 05.
Sr. Novembro.
Lora Foster.
2004.

No livro do Mick, achei o Josh um chato convencido e tudo mais. E que parecia completamente apaixonado pela Dalila, mas como ela casou com Mick ele teve que ciscar e outro galinheiro.

Até que a sensual Amanda apareceu no pedaço e nosso bombeiro de plantão viu sua vida de solteiro e garanhão com os dias contados. Fez de tudo para chamar a atenção, perseguindo e pressionando, até que percebeu que a linda Amanda tinha segredos.

E por conta do miste...more
Stephanie Bolen
Sex scene was unique. I wish her secret was worth all her angst. I was like that's it that's what has caused all your trama, really? I really liked Josh he was so sweet.
Kate
I loved this book! I adored Amanda and felt sad for her story. And Josh was hot. He knew he was good looking and wasn't afraid to admit it; but he wasn't over conceited.

I actually wish the book was a little longer so that it was more drawn out to make it more believable. But, such as it is, its still a wonderful book. Great, quick read.
April
Very much a romance novel-all romance. No action, no comedy. If that's what you're looking for jump right in. I liked it I didn't love it. Probably didn't love it because it was just Josh and Amanda pretty much the entire time. Most days even just being a romance this wouldn't be "good enough" for me. So, save it for a slow day. :)
Dawn ♥ romance
Fun story where romantically the male pursues the female but I didn't like that the plot centered around hiding a secret and after it was revealed I never really bought into emotional adjustment. Amanda wants Josh to be in her firefighters calendar and he'll only do it if she goes out with him.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
The third in the Men to the Rescue trilogy, and well worth waiting for. A strong yet understanding fella helps a woman recover from her emotional scars.
Kristine
Super fun read, especially after having read the other two books first. Love slaps Josh upside the head and we get to laugh right along with his friends.
Nada Al-Karmi
I liked it. It showed how people get affected by experiences they had in their lives. Also, I didn't mind the hot body description.
Stephanie
I loved this book and fell in love with Josh. I was not a big fan of Amanda though to be honest.
Irene A
watch out! firefighter causes fire... at the reader's body!
Hpitcher
Really liked this. It had a really nice back story to it
Laurel
This is a cute fast read.
Hazel
Hazel marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Mindy Boettcher
Mindy Boettcher marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Janet Owen
Janet Owen marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Sharonlynne Lowrey
Sharonlynne Lowrey marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Lori Foster's New Winston Story Featured in New Anthology 1 2 Dec 01, 2009 09:47AM
  • Hot Chocolate (included: Winston Brothers, #1)
  • Charmed (Harmony #0.5 included; Winston Brothers #2 included)
  • Falling for King's Fortune (Kings of California, #3)
  • Roughing It With Ryan (South Village Singles, #1)
  • Secret Santa (Harlequin Blaze, #292)
  • Her Man Friday
  • Be My Baby Tonight (The Trehan Brothers, #2)
  • Wife for a Day
  • His Expectant Ex (The Landis Brothers, #2)
  • Shelter In A Soldier's Arms (Silhouette Special Edition, #1400)
  • Married to a Mistress (The Husband Hunters, #1)
  • Caught on Camera (Harlequin Blaze #608)
  • All Over You (Secret Lives of Daytime Divas, #2)
  • The Desert Lord's Baby  (Throne of Judar #1)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro...more
More about Lori Foster...
When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) A Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4) Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1)