Start by marking “The Dare Game” as Want to Read:
The Dare Game

The Dare Game (Tracy Beaker #2)

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  3,129 ratings  ·  88 reviews
I'M TRACY BEAKER, THE GREAT INVENTOR OF EXTREMELY OUTRAGEOUS DARES - AND I DARE YOU TO READ A MORE BRILLIANT STORY THAN THIS!

I've bought a big fat purple notebook for writing down all my mega-manic ultra-scary stories in. But especially for my own story. Of how my foster-mum, Cam, has turned out to be a real meanie. No designer clothes, when I really need them. A pokey fla
Published October 5th 2006 by Yearling (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Dare Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dare Game

Lola Rose by Jacqueline WilsonThe Illustrated Mum by Jacqueline WilsonVicky Angel by Jacqueline WilsonCandyfloss by Jacqueline WilsonMy Sister Jodie by Jacqueline Wilson
Best Jacqueline Wilson books
25th out of 62 books — 185 voters
Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
BBC Top 200 Books
129th out of 200 books — 48 voters

More lists with this book...

Leanne Lynch
‘The Dare Game’ is the second instalment from the Tracy Beaker series by Jacqueline Wilson. Tracy has just entered into a new life with her foster mother, Cam, but longs for a life with her biological mother, Carly Beaker, who she believes to be a glamorous movie star.
The book follows Tracy’s plight to escape Cam, who refuses to buy her designer clothes, and lives in a dingy flat, and explore the glamorous lifestyle she imagines her biological mother to lead.
Tracy discovers that all is not as i
Lisa Smith
I thought the Dare Game was a great book like the majority of Jacqueline Wilson's books! Jacqueline Wilson deals with things that could, and probably are happening to children somewhere. In this story Tracy has to decide whether she would like to carry on living with foster mum cam (she complains about her never buying her designer clothes and living in a poky little flat) or start living with her mum-the famous Carly Beaker! Its Tracy's dream come true-or so she thought. When Tracy goes to stay ...more
Maureen
The Dare Game
Jacqueline Wilson

Tra
Hannah
I decided to re-read this book recently because I have been adoring my old Jacqueline Wilson collection and having an adventure with my blasts from the past. Tracy Beaker is probably the most famous character that Jacqueline Wilson has created. This being the second book of her adventures, its a no-brainer that I enjoyed it so much.

'The Dare Game' is the second instalment of Tracy Beaker's life. She is living with her foster mum, Cam, who she adored from the first book, however she still has th
Sian Levy
Read along time along time ago but was funny to read and will read again soon.
Jordana Wer
I've read this book twice now, and I really enjoy it. Tracy lives with Cam, her foster mum. She thinks that parents are supposed to buy you lots of treats and designer clothes, and they fight about that a lot. Tracy wants to go live at her Mum's house, and when she gets the option, she jumps at it. But she finds out she would rather have love and attention than gifts.

This is a great story for someone in the 9-13 age range. It deals with friendship, bad family situations, and disappointments. It
Mariam Abood
I think this book was hands down the saddest Tracy Beaker book Wilson has ever written. I didn't end up initially liking it as a result.

This book differs so vastly from the first book The Story of Tracy Beaker because The Story of Tracy Beaker was fun, energetic and light-hearted whereas this book was dark, glum and depressing.

I remember first reading The Story of Tracy Beaker and seeing how much Tracy idolised her mum, who was almost like an idol in the sense she was talked about a lot but neve
Kathleen Whelan
The Dare Game is a fantastic book for children. I feel confident readers will greatly enjoy Wilson's witty character, Tracey Beaker. The book deals with common issues that children come across while they grow up. The dilemma with not enjoying school is a big issue and Wilson explores how her protagonist doesn't go to school because she doesn't like the teachers and her peers. Her teacher doesn't allow her to have any imagination especially in the one area she enjoys, creative writing. Treacy isn ...more
Kayla Mcminn
I've read all of Jacqueline Wilson's books over the years, I do not know why even after so long I have grown out of them I still love to have a good ol' read of them.
I must have started reading these over 8 years ago and still remember most of the stories and characters. I believe these books were amazing during my childhood.
Some being better than others, shown in my star ratings. I hope to get my hands on some of my fav books from this author soon.
Eva
Buku yang baik untuk memenuhi tantangan GR tahun ini.. rasanya malas membaca buku saat ini.. namun buku ini cukup menarik untuk sekedar dibaca. Saya tidak merekomendasikan buku ini untuk anak, saya rasa buku ini lebih cocok dibaca orang dewasa, sekedar memahami psikologi anak dengan situasi seperti Tracy Beaker. Tapi mungkin psikologi ini tidak sesuai untuk orang Indonesia, jadi tetaplah membaca untuk menyenangkan hati.. tanpa peduli kelakuan si Tracy :p
Yustie Amanda
3,5 bintang.

saya emang suka buku anak kecil, karena ngingetin masa lalu, haha. tapi beda, si Tracy ini, walaupun ekstranakal, tapi dia kerasa banget tingkah bocahnya yang emang selalu gak ngerti sama kehidupan dewasa, egois, tapi dimaklumin karena anak kecil, tapi nyebelin banget -_-
kehidupannya sebagai anak panti asuhan juga kerasa banget.

ilustrasinya lucu.

bacaan ringan yang seru di sela-sela uas, heheheh
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
This book follows on from where Tracy had pestered Cam to foster her, and well Tracy got her wish and is now living in Cam's little flat in a box room that she helped decorate.

However things are not quite going quite as she thought they would. She has second hand clothes and Cam does not constantly buy her presents or expensive designer wear. Tracy is also bullied at her new school and hates her teacher so she starts to play truant.

Along the way Tracy makes two new friends, weedy little Alexande
Annabel
Dame Jacqueline Wilson (a very deserved title!) is, in my opinion, the best contemporary children's writer. She writes perfectly, in content, theme, style and accessibility for children from aged 6 to 13 (ish - of course this varies among children). She writes flawlessly for children, I could not find a single fault.

She is never patronizing and introduces young people to important life issues such as love, poverty, friendship, adolescence, separated parents, illnesses and so much more, in a mann
Helena
Tämä oli niitä kirjoja, jotka luin suomeksi (Yllytysleikki), mutten löytänyt suomennosta täältä sivustolta.
Tämä Wilsonin kirja käsittelee jälleen tärkeää aihetta, vanhemmuuden puuttumista ja elämää lastenkodissa / sijaisperheessä. Pidän kovasti tavasta, jolla Wilson yhdistelee näitä vakavia teemoja humoristiseen ja hauskaan kerrontaan, luin tätä oikein mielikseni. Ei silti ihan parhaasta päästä lukemistani Wilsonin kirjoista.
Astri
Di buku ini Tracy kelakuannya ga patut dicontoh banget... pertama egois, kedua kasar, ketiga keras kepala.

Berharap punya bukunya yang ke tiga Starring Tracy Beaker.. dan berharap pula di bukunya yang ketiga, Tracy sudah menjadi anak baik yang tidak seenaknya sendiri..
Samantha Rich
I do love the character of Tracy Beaker and I remember particularly enjoying this one when I was younger. It was fun but also had a message and teaches children about friendship. It's an enjoyable read with loveable characters.
Leah
Mar 24, 2015 Leah rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Jacqueline Wilson fans
Recommended to Leah by: My Friend - Stephanie Williams
Shelves: childrens
I wasn't going to read this one after getting fed up with the character of Tracy Beaker in the first one, but I thought I should give it a chance.

I think it was on a par with the previous one, although possibly slightly better, just because of the more complicated story-line. I liked Tracy's two new friends, Alex and Football, and I also loved the idea of Carly, Tracy's mum, coming back for her after all these years, even if this upsets Cam.

Unfortunately I just couldn't get into it because of th
Faith
I finished this on the same day as promise. I finished it in school.
sometimes i thought YUCK! When she was talking of her nickers and all that jazz, the front cover i would give a 2 out of 5. anyway to see my full review soon check out: BooksAndFashionWithFaith
Ursula Clancy
I loved these books when I was younger and think they are really great but I'm worried that some children may start acting like Tracy Beaker! :D
Harun Harahap
Sepanjang buku ini gue kesal sekali dengan tingkah laku Tracy. Sikapnya yang senang memberontak dan tak menghormati orang lain tak pantas untuk dicontoh. Namun, siapa yang tahu perasaan Tracy? Dia tumbuh tanpa kasih sayang ayah dan ibu. Sedih mungkin perasaannya ketika disuruh membuat cerita tentang ibunya. Kemudian iri ketika mengetahui bahwa teman-teman sekelasnya memiliki ibu. Rasa iri dan rendah diri menimbulkan berbagai macam perilaku. Ada yang menjadi pemalu dan mengucilkan diri. Ada pula ...more
MissMo
Oct 16, 2014 MissMo added it
Don't judge me, I was bored. Besides, this book was really not so bad it made me laugh but I know I am way too mature for this!!
Caitlin England
I liked it but it's not one of my favourites. Definitely one for younger readers
Rahmadiyanti
I thought I was going to live happily ever after with Cam as my foster-mum. Well, ha ha! It hasn't turned out like that. Cam's so MEAN! She won't buy me designer clothes so all the other kids at my new school laugh at me. No wonder I bunk off and go to this special secret place. There are these two boys I meet there, Alexander and Football. We play the Dare Game - and I always win. I'm the greatest. I AM! [taken from www.fantasticfiction.co.uk]
=========

Lanjutan kisah Tracy Beaker. Tetap menarik,
Rosie
A good book about a girl who is with a foster mum
Her real mum is a lady with lots of money
Rania Ajjan El Hadid
A little weak in comparison to the other tracy beaker books.
Hannah
all part of my childhood Jacqueline wilson obsession.
Abena Abban
a good addition to the Tracy Beaker stories
Lyndee
This book was fabulous! I remember reading this and thinking Tracey was exactly like me and my little sister! a hilarious must read for anyone wanting a lighthearted, funny read!
Katy
Really funny.
Vanessa Alexandra
Ini cerita lanjutan dari The Story of Tracy Beaker. Mama Tracy akhirnya datang,Tracy punya 2 teman baru. Tapi Tracy sangat kecewa ketika ia tahu bahwa sebenarnya Mamanya tidak begitu menginginkannya. Jadi ia kabur dari rumah Mamanya dan tinggal di rumah temannya. Tracy memang sudah tinggal bersama Cam,tapi akhir-akhir ini ia seperti tidak mood untuk berbicara dengan Cam. Menurut gw buku yang ini lebih kocak dari pada buku sebelumnya. Tracy juga makin berani,terutama dalam hal berantem hehe..

-Van
Truth or dare.... easiest/hardest dare 1 2 Jan 21, 2014 04:11AM
  • Sunset Song (A Scots Quair, #1)
  • The Cruel Sea (Classics of War)
  • Charm School
  • Fruit and Nutcase (Diary, #3)
  • Sundae Girl
  • Escape From Warsaw
  • Flying High (Angels Unlimited, #3)
  • The Pirates of Pompeii (Roman Mysteries, #3)
  • When My Naughty Little Sister Was Good (Naughty Little Sister, #4)
  • Summer Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #8)
  • Horrid Henry Meets the Queen. Francesca Simon
  • Hello Mr Twiddle (Happy Days)
  • Red Sky in the Morning
Jacqueline Wilson was born in Bath in 1945, but spent most of her childhood in Kingston-on-Thames. She always wanted to be a writer and wrote her first ‘novel’ when she was nine, filling in countless Woolworths’ exercise books as she grew up. As a teenager she started work for a magazine publishing company and then went on to work as a journalist on Jackie magazine (which she was told was named af ...more
More about Jacqueline Wilson...

Tracy Beaker (5 books)
  • The Story of Tracy Beaker
  • Starring Tracy Beaker
  • Tracy Beaker's Thumping Heart
  • Ask Tracy Beaker and Friends
The Story of Tracy Beaker Double Act Girls in Love (Girls, #1) The Illustrated Mum Vicky Angel