Start by marking “Morgan and Me (Serendipity)” as Want to Read:
Morgan and Me (Serendipity)

Morgan and Me (Serendipity)

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  666 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Sharing life lessons and memorable morals, the Serendipity books are a seasoned favorite with children and parents alike. So, journey to the magical, mystical land of Serendipity with these four cherished editions featuring newly revised text from the author.

The princess and Morgan both learn that they must treat each other in the way they would like to be treated themsel
Published August 5th 2002 by Price Stern Sloan (first published 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Morgan and Me, please sign up.

Lotus What do you mean what happened to it? "Morgan and Me" is from the original books published in the 1970's. "Morgan and Ewe" was much later in the 80s.
The Last Unicorn by Peter S. BeagleInto the Land of the Unicorns by Bruce CovilleSong of the Wanderer by Bruce CovilleDark Whispers by Bruce CovilleHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Unicorn Books
60th out of 255 books — 210 voters
Uni the Unicorn by Amy Krouse RosenthalMorgan and Me by Stephen CosgroveTwelve Dancing Unicorns by Alissa HeymanMonsterology by Dugald A. SteerThe Secret World of Unicorns by Pat Perrin
Picture Books about Unicorns
2nd out of 39 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Beth A.
Mar 22, 2011 Beth A. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this one when I was little.

The original version, not the later edition Morgan and Me (reissue) that was compelled to...

display the moral of the story in a little framed box on the cover, because children are too stupid to glean meaning from the actual story,

use the repetitive phrase "Oh, poof! Oh, piffle!" because it was cute???,

and change the ending to
"THIS STORY IS TRUE,
THOUGH TWISTED OF COURSE,
ROBIN IRENE IS AN ARTIST,
AND MORGAN IS A HORSE."
because children won't understand the
Jen
May 28, 2016 Jen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't even know there was a second edition/version of this, though it seems to make folks rather unhappy.

As Serendipity books go, this wasn't one of the best. That's a shame, because I'm totally on board for a princess and a unicorn and even the lesson to be helpful now rather than later. I wasn't quite sure what this was getting at, though; it seemed to try and do both morals of "don't procrastinate" and "do unto others" and those don't fit well to me. I mean, I understand the story, but it
Little Miss and the Legomeister
I really loved this wonderful story as a child. The older version, not the version with the "newly revised text." It was much better before they printed the "moral" on the cover.

If your copy contains the phrase "Oh, poof! Oh, piffle!" it's the wrong edition.
Ilana
Jan 26, 2016 Ilana rated it it was amazing
This series of books is the most wonderfully illustrated, sweetest series available for children. Each book is beautiful, the animals are so sweetly drawn and each book teaches a wonderful lesson. I still have all of my original copies from my childhood (the 90s).
Dee
Sep 09, 2014 Dee rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Any child.
A beautiful story with fittingly lovely pictures, every little kid will be thrilled with this book.
Heather
Apr 19, 2016 Heather rated it it was amazing
this was my favorite book when i was a kid. i literally read it so much it fell apart.
Lindsey
Apr 29, 2012 Lindsey rated it really liked it
This part of the Morgan books in the Serendipity series chronicles how Morgan met her friend the Princess. The Princess has a bad habit of saying she'll do things "just a little later". When she suddenly needs her friend Morgan, she learns a valuable lesson about the timeliness of action and friendship.

A cute book with a lesson that even young children can grasp about the importance of fulfilling promises and not putting off friends.
Julia Brumfield
Cute story that shows you should treat others how you want to be treated and to do what is promised promptly instead of waiting on your time. I thought it was cute how Morgan threatened the princess with leaving her on a lily pad.

This story had cute pictures while ending with the two as best friends. Wasn't much into the plot, which seemed rather slow and shuffling along. Definitely a good read for younger children.
Emily Kudeviz
Aug 11, 2010 Emily Kudeviz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I learned how to read and my love of fantasy stemmed from this and the other Serendipity books. I think this book actually made my mom crazy because I read it constantly and always asked her to read it to me and it started my still not dead obsession with unicorns. =]
Sally Bruesewitz
Little princesses and unicorns, adventures and life lessons. This fantasy story has a nice message, treat your friends the same way you would like them to treat you. When my daughter was younger she read this book many times, she liked horses. AR gives it a 4.3 rating
Alexis
Apr 14, 2009 Alexis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: little girls who like unicorns
Recommended to Alexis by: Mom
I loved this series as a kid, but now that I see this title has been reissued with revised text I think I might need to find a new copy.
Velvetea
Aug 10, 2011 Velvetea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Beautiful art~ this illustrator was one of my first artistic idols as a child. It's perfect <3.
Apr 23, 2008 Sarah rated it it was ok
Good for little girls who like fairy tales and unicorns (that wasn't me.)
Theresa
Jan 31, 2014 Theresa rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
early reading source for children, to learn about friendship
Jackie
Jackie rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2016
FoundmyDarcy
FoundmyDarcy rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Becky
Becky rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Erin Clifford
Erin Clifford marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Jamie Lee
Jamie Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Mary Beth
Mary Beth marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Anna
Anna added it
Jun 04, 2016
Melissa Terry
Melissa Terry marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Sivaranjani
Sivaranjani rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2016
Susan Fuller
Susan Fuller marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Annelize
Annelize rated it did not like it
May 27, 2016
Jessica Taylor
Jessica Taylor rated it liked it
May 22, 2016
Vallie Cross
Vallie Cross rated it really liked it
May 15, 2016
  • A Flower Fairy Alphabet
  • The Baby Unicorn
  • ABC ZooBorns!
  • The Mitten: An Old Ukrainian Folktale

Serendipity (1 - 10 of 70 books)
  • Bangalee
  • Buttermilk (Serendipity)
  • Buttermilk Bear
  • Butterwings
  • Cap'n Smudge
  • Catundra
  • Crabby Gabby (Serendipity)
  • Creolé