Start by marking “Morgan and Me (Serendipity)” as Want to Read:
Morgan and Me (Serendipity)

Morgan and Me (Serendipity)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  582 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Sharing life lessons and memorable morals, the Serendipity books are a seasoned favorite with children and parents alike. So, journey to the magical, mystical land of Serendipity with these four cherished editions featuring newly revised text from the author.

The princess and Morgan both learn that they must treat each other in the way they would like to be treated themsel
Published August 5th 2002 by Price Stern Sloan (first published 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Morgan and Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morgan and Me

The Last Unicorn by Peter S. BeagleInto the Land of the Unicorns by Bruce CovilleSong of the Wanderer by Bruce CovilleDark Whispers by Bruce CovilleHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Unicorn Books
71st out of 193 books — 161 voters
Charlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteThe Giving Tree by Shel SilversteinGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
Best Kids Books Ever
435th out of 674 books — 417 voters

More lists with this book...

Beth A.
I loved this one when I was little.

The original version, not the later edition Morgan and Me (reissue) that was compelled to...

display the moral of the story in a little framed box on the cover, because children are too stupid to glean meaning from the actual story,

use the repetitive phrase "Oh, poof! Oh, piffle!" because it was cute???,

and change the ending to
"THIS STORY IS TRUE,
THOUGH TWISTED OF COURSE,
ROBIN IRENE IS AN ARTIST,
AND MORGAN IS A HORSE."
because children won't understand the
Dee
Sep 09, 2014 Dee rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any child.
A beautiful story with fittingly lovely pictures, every little kid will be thrilled with this book.
Lindsey
This part of the Morgan books in the Serendipity series chronicles how Morgan met her friend the Princess. The Princess has a bad habit of saying she'll do things "just a little later". When she suddenly needs her friend Morgan, she learns a valuable lesson about the timeliness of action and friendship.

A cute book with a lesson that even young children can grasp about the importance of fulfilling promises and not putting off friends.
Julia Brumfield
Cute story that shows you should treat others how you want to be treated and to do what is promised promptly instead of waiting on your time. I thought it was cute how Morgan threatened the princess with leaving her on a lily pad.

This story had cute pictures while ending with the two as best friends. Wasn't much into the plot, which seemed rather slow and shuffling along. Definitely a good read for younger children.
Emily Kudeviz
I learned how to read and my love of fantasy stemmed from this and the other Serendipity books. I think this book actually made my mom crazy because I read it constantly and always asked her to read it to me and it started my still not dead obsession with unicorns. =]
Little Miss and the Legomeister
I really loved this wonderful story as a child. The older version, not the version with the "newly revised text." It was much better before they printed the "moral" on the cover.

If your copy contains the phrase "Oh, poof! Oh, piffle!" it's the wrong edition.
Sally Bruesewitz
Little princesses and unicorns, adventures and life lessons. This fantasy story has a nice message, treat your friends the same way you would like them to treat you. When my daughter was younger she read this book many times, she liked horses. AR gives it a 4.3 rating
Alexis
Apr 14, 2009 Alexis rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: little girls who like unicorns
Recommended to Alexis by: Mom
I loved this series as a kid, but now that I see this title has been reissued with revised text I think I might need to find a new copy.
MoonTea
Beautiful art~ this illustrator was one of my first artistic idols as a child. It's perfect <3.
Good for little girls who like fairy tales and unicorns (that wasn't me.)
Theresa
early reading source for children, to learn about friendship
Terra
Terra added it
May 28, 2015
Erin
Erin added it
May 12, 2015
Celeste Goldie
Celeste Goldie marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Piper Williams-tudhope
Piper Williams-tudhope marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Cowgirlgem
Cowgirlgem marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
  • Where's Waldo: Ultimate Fun Book
  • Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum
  • The Little Duck
  • Mr. Funny
  • Mister Dog:  The Dog Who Belonged to Himself (Little Golden Book)
  • The Mitten: An Old Ukrainian Folktale
  • ABC ZooBorns!

Serendipity (1 - 10 of 70 books)
  • Bangalee
  • Buttermilk (Serendipity)
  • Buttermilk Bear
  • Butterwings
  • Cap'n Smudge
  • Catundra (reissue)
  • Crabby Gabby (Serendipity)
  • Creolé