Start by marking “Morgan and Me (Serendipity)” as Want to Read:
Morgan and Me (Serendipity)

Morgan and Me (Serendipity)

Sharing life lessons and memorable morals, the Serendipity books are a seasoned favorite with children and parents alike. So, journey to the magical, mystical land of Serendipity with these four cherished editions featuring newly revised text from the author.

The princess and Morgan both learn that they must treat each other in the way they would like to be treated themsel
Published August 5th 2002 by Price Stern Sloan (first published 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Morgan and Me, please sign up.

Lotus What do you mean what happened to it? "Morgan and Me" is from the original books published in the 1970's. "Morgan and Ewe" was much later in the 80s.
The Last Unicorn by Peter S. BeagleInto the Land of the Unicorns by Bruce CovilleSong of the Wanderer by Bruce CovilleHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingDark Whispers by Bruce Coville
Unicorn Books
60th out of 259 books — 217 voters
Uni the Unicorn by Amy Krouse RosenthalUnicorn Thinks He's Pretty Great by Bob SheaMorgan and Me by Stephen CosgroveTwelve Dancing Unicorns by Alissa HeymanMonsterology by Dugald A. Steer
Picture Books about Unicorns
3rd out of 40 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Beth A.
Mar 22, 2011 Beth A. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this one when I was little.

The original version, not the later edition Morgan and Me (reissue) that was compelled to...

display the moral of the story in a little framed box on the cover, because children are too stupid to glean meaning from the actual story,

use the repetitive phrase "Oh, poof! Oh, piffle!" because it was cute???,

and change the ending to
"THIS STORY IS TRUE,
THOUGH TWISTED OF COURSE,
ROBIN IRENE IS AN ARTIST,
AND MORGAN IS A HORSE."
because children won't understand the
Little Miss and the Legomeister
I really loved this wonderful story as a child. The older version, not the version with the "newly revised text." It was much better before they printed the "moral" on the cover.

If your copy contains the phrase "Oh, poof! Oh, piffle!" it's the wrong edition.
Jen
May 28, 2016 Jen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't even know there was a second edition/version of this, though it seems to make folks rather unhappy.

As Serendipity books go, this wasn't one of the best. That's a shame, because I'm totally on board for a princess and a unicorn and even the lesson to be helpful now rather than later. I wasn't quite sure what this was getting at, though; it seemed to try and do both morals of "don't procrastinate" and "do unto others" and those don't fit well to me. I mean, I understand the story, but it
Kat
Nov 22, 2016 Kat rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books, 2016
Basic Plot: A princess finds a unicorn trapped in a tree, but never does what she should until later...

As a chronic procrastinator, this story speaks to me. A little girl, daydreaming about fantasy worlds, putting off the necessities until later... I completely get this as an adult, and it's a great lesson to address with kids, too. It's also a gentle lesson, not overly preachy or harsh.

The art in this book series is truly stunning. I could sit and look at the pictures alone for hours. As a chil
Julia Brumfield
Cute story that shows you should treat others how you want to be treated and to do what is promised promptly instead of waiting on your time. I thought it was cute how Morgan threatened the princess with leaving her on a lily pad.

This story had cute pictures while ending with the two as best friends. Wasn't much into the plot, which seemed rather slow and shuffling along. Definitely a good read for younger children.
Lindsey
Apr 29, 2012 Lindsey rated it really liked it
This part of the Morgan books in the Serendipity series chronicles how Morgan met her friend the Princess. The Princess has a bad habit of saying she'll do things "just a little later". When she suddenly needs her friend Morgan, she learns a valuable lesson about the timeliness of action and friendship.

A cute book with a lesson that even young children can grasp about the importance of fulfilling promises and not putting off friends.
Emily (StacksandCats)
Aug 11, 2010 Emily (StacksandCats) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I learned how to read and my love of fantasy stemmed from this and the other Serendipity books. I think this book actually made my mom crazy because I read it constantly and always asked her to read it to me and it started my still not dead obsession with unicorns. =]
Sally Bruesewitz
Little princesses and unicorns, adventures and life lessons. This fantasy story has a nice message, treat your friends the same way you would like them to treat you. When my daughter was younger she read this book many times, she liked horses. AR gives it a 4.3 rating
Ilana
Jan 26, 2016 Ilana rated it it was amazing
This series of books is the most wonderfully illustrated, sweetest series available for children. Each book is beautiful, the animals are so sweetly drawn and each book teaches a wonderful lesson. I still have all of my original copies from my childhood (the 90s).
Megan
Aug 25, 2016 Megan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recently revisited a bunch of these dear lovely Serendipity books, which were a huge influence on my early childhood. Morgan & Me was always my favorite :)
Alexis
Apr 14, 2009 Alexis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: little girls who like unicorns
Recommended to Alexis by: Mom
I loved this series as a kid, but now that I see this title has been reissued with revised text I think I might need to find a new copy.
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Gail
Gail rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2010
B K
B K rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2016
Gypsy
Gypsy rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2007
Courtney
Courtney rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Nasuesue
Nasuesue rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2012
Audra
Audra rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Brooklyn Talia
Brooklyn Talia rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2014
Sarah rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2012
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2008
Eschelle
Eschelle rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Jess
Jess rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2015
Misty
Misty rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2016
Alyson
Alyson rated it liked it
May 23, 2012
PJC
PJC rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2010
Wickedshizuku
Wickedshizuku rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2015
 Merlin
Merlin rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2012
Brenda Bullock
Brenda Bullock rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2014
  • The Market Square Dog
  • Kermit the Hermit
  • Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum
  • We Like Kindergarten
  • Dear Children of the Earth
  • Mr. Funny
  • The Friendly Book (Big Little Golden Book)
  • The Mitten: An Old Ukrainian Folktale
  • The Baby Unicorn
  • The Tale of Ginger and Pickles
  • The Blind Colt
  • A Flower Fairy Alphabet
  • Everyone Knows What a Dragon Looks Like

Serendipity (1 - 10 of 70 books)
  • Bangalee
  • Buttermilk (Serendipity)
  • Buttermilk Bear
  • Butterwings
  • Cap'n Smudge
  • Catundra
  • Crabby Gabby (Serendipity)
  • Creolé