Start by marking “Morgan and Me (Serendipity)” as Want to Read:
Morgan and Me (Serendipity)

Morgan and Me (Serendipity)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  620 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Sharing life lessons and memorable morals, the Serendipity books are a seasoned favorite with children and parents alike. So, journey to the magical, mystical land of Serendipity with these four cherished editions featuring newly revised text from the author.

The princess and Morgan both learn that they must treat each other in the way they would like to be treated themsel
Published August 5th 2002 by Price Stern Sloan (first published 1975)

The Last Unicorn by Peter S. BeagleInto the Land of the Unicorns by Bruce CovilleSong of the Wanderer by Bruce CovilleHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingDark Whispers by Bruce Coville
Unicorn Books
74th out of 242 books — 197 voters
The Unfriendly Dragon by Brae WyckoffCharlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussThe Giving Tree by Shel SilversteinThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Best Kids Books Ever
488th out of 744 books — 640 voters

More lists with this book...

Beth A.
I loved this one when I was little.

The original version, not the later edition Morgan and Me (reissue) that was compelled to...

display the moral of the story in a little framed box on the cover, because children are too stupid to glean meaning from the actual story,

use the repetitive phrase "Oh, poof! Oh, piffle!" because it was cute???,

and change the ending to
because children won't understand the
Little Miss and the Legomeister
I really loved this wonderful story as a child. The older version, not the version with the "newly revised text." It was much better before they printed the "moral" on the cover.

If your copy contains the phrase "Oh, poof! Oh, piffle!" it's the wrong edition.
Sep 09, 2014 Dee rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any child.
A beautiful story with fittingly lovely pictures, every little kid will be thrilled with this book.
This part of the Morgan books in the Serendipity series chronicles how Morgan met her friend the Princess. The Princess has a bad habit of saying she'll do things "just a little later". When she suddenly needs her friend Morgan, she learns a valuable lesson about the timeliness of action and friendship.

A cute book with a lesson that even young children can grasp about the importance of fulfilling promises and not putting off friends.
Julia Brumfield
Cute story that shows you should treat others how you want to be treated and to do what is promised promptly instead of waiting on your time. I thought it was cute how Morgan threatened the princess with leaving her on a lily pad.

This story had cute pictures while ending with the two as best friends. Wasn't much into the plot, which seemed rather slow and shuffling along. Definitely a good read for younger children.
Emily Kudeviz
I learned how to read and my love of fantasy stemmed from this and the other Serendipity books. I think this book actually made my mom crazy because I read it constantly and always asked her to read it to me and it started my still not dead obsession with unicorns. =]
Sally Bruesewitz
Little princesses and unicorns, adventures and life lessons. This fantasy story has a nice message, treat your friends the same way you would like them to treat you. When my daughter was younger she read this book many times, she liked horses. AR gives it a 4.3 rating
Apr 14, 2009 Alexis rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: little girls who like unicorns
Recommended to Alexis by: Mom
I loved this series as a kid, but now that I see this title has been reissued with revised text I think I might need to find a new copy.
Beautiful art~ this illustrator was one of my first artistic idols as a child. It's perfect <3.
Good for little girls who like fairy tales and unicorns (that wasn't me.)
early reading source for children, to learn about friendship
Kelli O'malley
Kelli O'malley marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Laury marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Atreyu marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Vicky marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Erika Mik
Erika Mik marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
  • Where's Waldo: Ultimate Fun Book
  • The Little Duck
  • The Mitten: An Old Ukrainian Folktale
  • We Like Kindergarten

Serendipity (1 - 10 of 70 books)
  • Bangalee
  • Buttermilk (Serendipity)
  • Buttermilk Bear
  • Butterwings
  • Cap'n Smudge
  • Catundra
  • Crabby Gabby (Serendipity)
  • Creolé