Start by marking “The ABCs of Art (Baby Einstein)” as Want to Read:
The ABCs of Art (Baby Einstein)

The ABCs of Art (Baby Einstein)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Young children will discover the world of fine art in Baby Einstein's The ABCs of Art. Each letter of the alphabet is introduced to children through photographs of famous works of art from Van Gogh to Warhol. In addition to learning the alphabet, children will develop a lifelong love of art through exploring the pages of this beautifully illustrated book.
Published October 1st 2002 by Disney Press (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The ABCs of Art, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The ABCs of Art

This book not only helps children to recognize letters and learn what words start with each letter, but it also allows them to think about the picture and use their imagination. They are imagining what a song is that would be played on a violin, or counting how many eggs are in a nest. They are learning more than just vocabulary skills, so it’s a great book for teaching in general.

Ages 2-7
Amanda
I loved the art in these pages. Not quite engaging enough for my toddler, but I bet some would like finding the object in each painting. It seems like a pretty good catalog of artists. I wasn't familiar with Alfredo Arreguin, but his painting on the M for Monkey page was so beautiful, I wish I could find a poster of it to hang in our playroom.
Allison
Ok, I know it's Baby Einstein, but what a great way to get kids thinking about and involved in art! A different painting for each letter of the alphabet, and curious questions about each piece of art. I don't think you have to be a baby or a kid to learn art from this book.
Heather
I like how this book asks children questions about the art presented so they can start thinking about some of the different elements of art: subject, color, composition, medium, etc. The ABC-format is a good way to organize a book for this age group.
Eileen
Jun 27, 2013 Eileen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 1
Ashish
Ashish added it
Dec 14, 2014
Glorybeafarm
Glorybeafarm marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Leroy
Leroy added it
Mar 25, 2014
Kim R
Kim R added it
Mar 13, 2014
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Katie
Katie added it
Sep 20, 2013
Molly
Molly added it
May 13, 2013
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2012
Babby
Babby marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2011
Kim
Kim added it
Feb 26, 2011
Mirror Me!: A Mirror Book (Baby Einstein) First Words (Baby Einstein) Water, Water Everywhere: A Splash & Giggle Bath Book (Baby Einstein) See and Spy Shapes (Baby Einstein) Touch and Feel Baby Animals (Baby Einstein: Touch-and-Feel Fun!)