Start by marking “Silent Heroes of the Cold War: Declassified: The Mysterious Military Plane Crash on a Nevada Mountain Peak - And the Families Who Suffered an Abyss of Silence for Generations.” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  9 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
From Las Vegas, Mount Charleston looks like little more than a giant gravel mound in the distance, towering 11,916 feet above the neon lights of the entertainment capital of the world. Only a fraction of the nearly 40 million people who visit this 24-hour city ever bother to look west and skyward toward the mountain.The truth is that this very mountain is a silent memorial ...more
Published November 1st 2008 by Stephens Press

To ask other readers questions about Silent Heroes of the Cold War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Heroes of the Cold War

Julie Ririe
Nov 14, 2013 Julie Ririe rated it really liked it
Since my story is in this book, I thought I might write a review. I like the book of course, the story is fascinating and for all those involved in the story it needed to be told. I had a few issues with the way my part was written because some of the facts were misplaced but over all it was written well and written in a way that allows the reader to get the information quickly and thoroughly for such a huge amount of facts. Thanks Ky, for taking on a great story. Hope to see more books from ...more
Steve Ririe
Nov 16, 2013 Steve Ririe rated it it was amazing
I hope those who read this book will come to an understanding of the sacrifice many in the intelligence community have made to secure our freedom and way of life. I think Kyril has done a very good job telling the story and it is worth reading.
Wallis Duarte
Wallis Duarte rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2013
Kenny
Kenny rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2012
Rick Sherman
Rick Sherman rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2012
Timothy Begley
Timothy Begley rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Jason Murray
Jason Murray rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Tmynster
Tmynster rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2009
Josh
Josh rated it liked it
May 27, 2013
Jim Aker
Jim Aker marked it as to-read
May 06, 2009
James Tallett
James Tallett marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2011
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Wendy Cushing
Wendy Cushing marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Stormy
Stormy marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Brent
Brent is currently reading it
Sep 12, 2016
Kyril D. Plaskon is an award winning broadcast and print journalist, and has worked both abroad and in various US states. As a reporter at KPBS San Diego, he won Society of Professional Journalists top awards for exposing child sex tourism in Tijuana, Mexico. He has won awards also for covering crossborder electricity and pollution issues during the energy crisis.

Today, he is pursuing his masters

More about Kyril Plaskon...