Start by marking “The Biggest Loser 30-Day Jump Start: Lose Weight, Get in Shape, and Start Living the Biggest Loser Lifestyle Today!” as Want to Read:

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  281 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Over the last six seasons of The Biggest Loser, you've watched as contestants shed pounds, got healthy, and dramatically changed their lives for the better. In fact, you may have been so inspired by the show's remarkable success stories that you've considered embarking on your own weight loss journey.
If you're looking to get healthy now, there's good news: You don't have
Published February 17th 2009 by Rodale Books

To ask other readers questions about The Biggest Loser 30-Day Jump Start, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Biggest Loser 30-Day Jump Start

Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Feb 02, 2010 Cindi (cheesygiraffe) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010-read
Starting Monday Jan. 4th Day 1.
It's Tuesday February 2nd and I finished Day 30!

I can't believe how far I've come in 30 days. I've lost 11 pounds for one thing. Another is that when I started day 1 I could barely walk for 10 minutes on the treadmill at 2.0. Never mind the body weight exercises that I could barely do 1 set of and the strength exercises I could hardly do a 1 circuit of. Now I'm walking 50 minutes at a speed of 3.3 and I'm doing 2 sets of the body weight exercises and doing 2 sets o
Erin
Jan 31, 2010 Erin rated it it was amazing
We all know the first 30 days are critical to changing any bad habit -- or making good ones. That's why I was so interested in getting my hands on The Biggest Loser 30-Day Jump Start. I was not disappointed.

This book is a fantastic launch pad for people who want to lose weight, get healthy and make rapid, comprehensive lifestyle changes related to wellness. Using real contestants as peer models (including past winner Ali Vincent, who seems to be becoming the poster child of the franchise), the 3
Desiree
Got this for some recipe ideas and "success story" inspiration, and it wasn't exactly what I expected.

Very basic... good for a beginner...

I am definitely glad I picked it up because there are some great ideas I will certainly use (like a great-looking mushroom soup and some other recipes), but I wouldn't say it was "helpful" overall.

Also, these people are INSANE with the low-fat/non-fat. "It's fine to have an egg every day, as long as you remove the yolk." NONSENSE! Yes, egg whites are a great
Robin Haase
Feb 26, 2015 Robin Haase rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Some of the recipes have ingredients I absolutely don't like, but all I did was remove them or change it out for something I did like for the same calorie and such. I lost 14 pounds when I followed this, but it was hard to get my boyfriend on board, so I didn't continue to follow it. It did teach me a lot about nutrition, though, so I am thinking of following it again. This time with a different mindset.
Heidi
Dec 09, 2009 Heidi rated it really liked it
So several months ago I discovered that my metabolism had taken an extended vacation, probably to somewhere in Europe, and had fiendishly taken my willpower along with it. What to do? With the amount of food my kids eat off my plate, you wouldn't think this would be an issue. However, I thought I'd see what kind of ideas I could get from this book and the guerilla trainers who whip those people into shape. This is an actual day by day, move your bookmark through it and follow the directions kind ...more
Tracy
Dec 25, 2015 Tracy rated it liked it
Clear, concise, and readable. Read it--for the most part--in an afternoon.
Chris
Dec 07, 2011 Chris rated it really liked it
I picked this book up on a whim and I'm glad I did. It has tons of recipes that look really yummy in it that I am going to try out. I found the exercise program to be pretty sensible, it starts out with twenty minutes of walking and increases by two minutes each day until you are getting an hour of cardio. I won't be following the program laid out in the book because I'm already on a different program but it seems like a good starting point or a "jump start" for someone who needs a little kick t ...more
Shanda
Jun 02, 2009 Shanda rated it really liked it
I have several other Biggest Loser books and really like them all, but this one is just what I needed. I love that it's all laid out, day by day, with the meal plan, recipes and work out all together for each day. It eases you into the routine which is great for a beginner as well as offering a slightly more advance option for those who have worked out in the past.
Rebecca Charlesworth
Full of inspiration and recipes to help you on your weight loss journey! Definitely a great read if you're trying to lose weight or kick start a fitness plan! It gives you a full in sight into the contestants mind set and how they managed to overcome their issues and keep their motivation at an all time high! I would recommend this book to anyone!
Lesley Looper
Mar 17, 2013 Lesley Looper rated it liked it
I did a pretty thorough skim through this book, which I borrowed from the library. As usual, I liked hearing the "Biggest Loser" contestants' stories and tips. One tip mentioned making taco salad with turkey meat, no chips, and salsa instead of dressing, which sounds good. I also like the exercises with photo steps.
Cookie
Jan 02, 2011 Cookie rated it it was amazing
My friends used thisplan and encouraged me to do the same - I did and what a difference it made! I've recommended the book, plan, and recipes to all of my friend and family. I've used it so often that I finally had to break down and purchase another copy.
Maria Barci
Aug 25, 2012 Maria Barci rated it liked it
If you read one biggest loser book you've read them all. They are pretty much the same no matter which one. But if you're going to get one, I think this one is especially good. Has some good info and some great, easy healthy recipes and tips.
Satia
Dec 17, 2010 Satia rated it really liked it
Color me surprised that I thought this book was pretty good. I skipped a lot of the "inspirational" parts because I didn't find them very inspiring or inspired but . . . for more:

Andrea
Sep 25, 2010 Andrea rated it really liked it
Another great book from the cast and trainors of The Biggest Loser. I really liked the easy to follow exercizes and I'm looking forward to trying some of the recipes like blueberry bran mini-muffins and Labanese Kebabs w/ Tahini sauce!
Cathy
Apr 26, 2011 Cathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, 2011-books-read
Looking forward to putting this book with the walks and exericses to use......also some of the recipes. I like that it has a menu plan, but it would cost me a fortune to buy everything that it suggests to have! I'll just use it for ideas!
Dec 17, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
This book is helping me lose weight! I love it! The meal plan is simple and easy to follow, the exercises are things almost anyone can do, and the former contestants are inspirational.
Amanda Pearl
Aug 19, 2012 Amanda Pearl rated it liked it
Shelves: health, movie-tv, bir-2012
pretty good book. good for fans of the show and for people who want a step by step schedule for every day. I tried some of the recipes and they were pretty good.
Dev
Apr 19, 2009 Dev rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook, 2009
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I enjoyed every recipe listed and look forward to trying them soon!
Grace37
Mar 07, 2010 Grace37 rated it really liked it
I really love this book it has been life changing.......
Lia
Mar 18, 2015 Lia added it
Shelves: non-fiction
I love the recipes. I still use many of them.
Kim
Sep 01, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great motivation. Great recipes.
Maria
Maria added it
May 22, 2016
Jaclyn
Jaclyn marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Angela Pearl
Angela Pearl marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
kathryn rafnson
kathryn rafnson rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Marilyn Musick
Marilyn Musick marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Allison
Allison is currently reading it
Apr 25, 2016
Heidi Vogt
Heidi Vogt marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
  • The Biggest Loser: The Weight Loss Program to Transform Your Body, Health, and Life---Adapted from NBC's Hit Show!
  • The South Beach Diet Good Fats/Good Carbs Guide: The Complete and Easy Reference for All Your Favorite Foods
  • The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook : Budget-Friendly Meals Your Whole Family Will Love
  • Now Eat This!: 150 of America's Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories
  • The Spark: The 28-Day Breakthrough Plan for Losing Weight, Getting Fit, and Transforming Your Life
  • Prescription Alternatives: Hundreds of Safe, Natural, Prescription-Free Remedies to Restore and Maintain Your Health
  • Classic 30-Minute Meals: The All-Occasion Cookbook
  • Fish: The Complete Guide to Buying and Cooking
  • The Sonoma Diet: Trimmer Waist, Better Health in Just 10 Days!
  • Canning & Preserving for Dummies
  • The New Portuguese Table: Exciting Flavors from Europe's Western Coast
  • Cook Right 4 Your Type: The Practical Kitchen Companion to Eat Right 4 Your Type
  • Notes on Cooking: A Short Guide to an Essential Craft
  • 500 Low-Carb Recipes: 500 Recipes, from Snacks to Dessert, That the Whole Family Will Love
  • Indian Takeaway: One Man's Attempt to Cook His Way Home
  • A Hedonist in the Cellar: Adventures in Wine
  • The 1,500-Calorie-A-Day Cookbook
  • Slimmer: The New Mediterranean Way to Lose Weight
Cheryl Forberg RD is a New York Times bestselling author, a James Beard award-winning chef, nutritionist and culinary consultant for NBC's The Biggest Loser. Her role is to help overweight contestants transform their bodies, health and ultimately, their lives. A culinary expert and registered dietitian, she has shared cooking and nutrition tips with the contestants and viewers for nine seasons.

Sh
More about Cheryl Forberg...