Start by marking “Legendary Connecticut: Traditional Tales from the Nutmeg State” as Want to Read:
Legendary Connecticut: Traditional Tales from the Nutmeg State

Legendary Connecticut: Traditional Tales from the Nutmeg State

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  4 reviews
From Litchfield's great church stove war to Hartford's Charter Oak to Stonington's infamous Lantern Hill, these traditional tales from the Nutmeg State span four centuries of Connecticut history. Personal legends, narratives, anecdotes, and supernatural stories--all are fascinating, humorous and rich with the history and lore of the land.
Published July 1st 1995 by Curbstone Books (first published July 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Legendary Connecticut, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legendary Connecticut

Maryanne
Legendary Connecticut: Traditional Tales from the Nutmeg State 10312005 by David E. Philips
Very interesting. I made a copy of the index and made notes about each story. Plus all stories are available on the web at: http://www.curbstone.org/index.cfm?we...
Tori
2005- As a native Connecticut resident, I found this collection of tales especially interesting since I've encountered many of the places featured. The author, a former professor at Eastern Connecticut University, complied this book with the help of students from his folklore class. Since folklore is passed down orally, some of the tales read unevenly in textual format, and I think would have came across better had I heard them from an actual storyteller. However, I liked how there was a variety...more
David Brzezinski
An interesting look at a bit of the history and lore of the Nutmeg State. Anyone curious about learning more about Connecticut would like to read this book.
Linda
the quirks and foibles of people from CT the Nutmeg State. Entertaining.
Abigail
Abigail marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Stefanie Walker
Stefanie Walker marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Job78
Job78 marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2013
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2013
Jamara
Jamara added it
Jan 01, 2013
Jonathon Dyer
Jonathon Dyer marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2012
Cherylanne Gray
Cherylanne Gray marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2012
Mandy
Mandy is currently reading it
Jul 04, 2011
Silsbee
Silsbee marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2009