Start by marking “Triple Homicide” as Want to Read:
Triple Homicide

Triple Homicide

The debut novel from longtime Brooklyn district attorney Charles "Joe" Hynes, Triple Homicide is the gritty saga of two generations of New York City police officers fighting to stay on the right side of the law.
In the early 1990s in New York, easy money stands to be made at every turn, and temptation proves a bitter struggle for the young and much-decorated NYPD Sergeant
Published June 12th 2007 by Thomas Dunne Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Triple Homicide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Triple Homicide

Mike
Oct 24, 2007 Mike rated it it was ok
I bought this book because it was given a good review in the New York Times. What a mistake! Joe Hynes may be a good DA, but this book proves him to be a mediocre writer. That said, I don't think it's his fault. It seemed as if the book had barely been edited. For instance, things were referred to as "jet black" five times in the first twelve pages. That kind of repetition catches the eye (and the mind's ear) and kills the flow. That type of editorial stumbling happened again and again throughou ...more
Dan
Jan 01, 2008 Dan rated it it was ok
Joe Hynes is the Brooklyn District Attorney. The book is really fascinating as a view inside the PD and DA's office, and I'd recommend it to anyone who's interested in that. But the writing is labored at best. A bonus for anyone who knows the folks in the criminal law world of NYC is the portraits of characters taken directly from the community and given only the thinnest of veils...e.g. "Cary Bremens" for Barry Kamins, bow-tie and all.
Michelle
Sep 16, 2007 Michelle rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
This is non-fiction/fiction. While I love a good crime story, this just didn't do it for me. I stopped half way through. I've got too many other good books lined up to force myself to get to the end of something I'm not enjoying.
Avik Ganguly
Aug 25, 2007 Avik Ganguly is currently reading it
I picked up a copy of this book after I met the author at a Bar Association sponsored promotion. He gave an interesting talk about the background of the book. I will let you know how it is.
Ed
Aug 25, 2009 Ed rated it it was ok
This book was ok. Honestly, the most interesting part was getting a feel for how official corruption worked.
Aaron
Mar 10, 2011 Aaron rated it liked it
I read it because he was my boss. Eh.
Phyllis
Sep 04, 2007 Phyllis rated it liked it
author writes like a lawyer that he is
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
cindi
cindi rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2015
MayberryAfterMidnight
MayberryAfterMidnight marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Krysta
Krysta marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Harry Annan
Harry Annan rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Jared Axelrod
Jared Axelrod rated it it was ok
Nov 30, 2014
Jeff
Jeff rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2014
Delores Alger
Delores Alger rated it did not like it
Aug 14, 2014
Gabriel
Gabriel rated it did not like it
Jun 08, 2014
Gary O.
Gary O. rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2014
Dimitri Teresh
Dimitri Teresh rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2013
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2013
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
Amanda Markham
Amanda Markham rated it it was ok
May 10, 2013
Sarah rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2012
Dennis
Dennis rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2012
darryl
darryl rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2012
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was ok
May 20, 2012
Asmaa
Asmaa marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2012
Dan Stinton
Dan Stinton rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2011