Start by marking “What to Expect When Mommy's Having a Baby” as Want to Read:
What to Expect When Mommy's Having a Baby

What to Expect When Mommy's Having a Baby (What to Expect)

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  46 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Growing Up Just Got Easier ...With the help of Angus, the lovable Answer Dog, best-selling author Heidi Murkoff extends a hand to children and parents as they tackle life's first experiences together.

Congratulations - you're having another baby! You're excited and a little nervous, but most of all you're wondering how you're going to explain this miraculous, but complex, p
Published May 31st 2000 by HarperFestival (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about What to Expect When Mommy's Having a Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What to Expect When Mommy's Having a Baby

Adrienna
Jun 27, 2011 Adrienna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-book
My 8-year old niece is reading it to me and looking at pictures. She reads so good too. I enjoyed the reading! We asked, what are some healthy foods we like to eat: she picked salad and I picked apples and watermelon. She said we should also have exercise clothes like the dog and family does in the book. Great illustrations on showing the stages of the baby too.

I had to help with the word, "umbilical" cord. Otherwise, she did very good at reading the story to me. She knew that the food is eaten
Lorie
Liked this book better after reading the author's note at the end. As it explained what when daddy's sperm and mommy's ovem fit together like a puzzle, a baby is made I thought that that might be a little too much. The author's note, however, explained that parents should read the book first, decide what is appropriate for their child/children and add/edit/delete as they read to their kids, though this would obviously only work with the nonreader. The advice they gave was to just answer your chi ...more
Jessica Wirth
Jun 30, 2011 Jessica Wirth rated it really liked it
Loved this! The language wasn't much different from what I was using anyway - very technical and biologically correct, but the pictures helped drive the idea home! I would recommend this to anyone with a obstetrically curious youngster!
Suzanne
Jun 09, 2008 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
I left out the part about daddy putting his sperm inside of mommy because, you know, she's four. That is a can of sperm--I mean worms--I don't want to open just yet. But the rest was good, especially the part about giving mommy her rest.
Jamie
Dec 07, 2011 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good intro for toddlers! We changed many words to better suit our family (skipped the page about how the baby is made, talked about the midwife rather than the doctor, etc) but this was a helpful explanation for our little ones.
Edina
Mar 26, 2009 Edina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kid has questions? You answer them. Don't read them a boring book.
Sylas Bellamy
Sylas Bellamy rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Raquel
Raquel rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Amber
Amber added it
Jan 04, 2016
Tegan Keppel
Tegan Keppel marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Amanda Harvey
Amanda Harvey rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Malaika Jones
Malaika Jones marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Chyna Cole
Chyna Cole marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Ruqia Al-matrouk
Ruqia Al-matrouk marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
VJ
VJ rated it it was ok
Nov 07, 2015
Anita
Anita added it
Oct 24, 2015
Cherri Brooks
Cherri Brooks rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2015
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2015
Elin
Elin rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2015
Dana Wrady
Dana Wrady marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Ashleigh
Ashleigh marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Chelsea Daniels
Chelsea Daniels marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Rhonda
Rhonda added it
Jun 12, 2015
Amanda Campbell
Amanda Campbell rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2015
Bremonline
Bremonline rated it really liked it
May 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Heidi Murkoff is the author of the What to Expect series and author of Eating Well When You're Expecting, The What to Expect Pregnancy Journal & Organizer, What to Expect the First Year, The What to Expect Baby-Sitter's Handbook, and the What to Expect Kids series from HarperCollins. Her interactive website is www.whattoexpect.com, and she lives with her family in Los Angeles, California. ...more
More about Heidi Murkoff...

What to Expect (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • What to Expect the First Year (What to Expect)
  • What to Expect When You're Expecting