Start by marking “What to Expect When Mommy's Having a Baby” as Want to Read:
What to Expect When Mommy's Having a Baby

What to Expect When Mommy's Having a Baby (What to Expect)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Growing Up Just Got Easier ...With the help of Angus, the lovable Answer Dog, best-selling author Heidi Murkoff extends a hand to children and parents as they tackle life's first experiences together.

Congratulations - you're having another baby! You're excited and a little nervous, but most of all you're wondering how you're going to explain this miraculous, but complex, p
Unknown Binding, 32 pages
Published May 31st 2000 by HarperFestival (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about What to Expect When Mommy's Having a Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What to Expect When Mommy's Having a Baby

Adrienna
My 8-year old niece is reading it to me and looking at pictures. She reads so good too. I enjoyed the reading! We asked, what are some healthy foods we like to eat: she picked salad and I picked apples and watermelon. She said we should also have exercise clothes like the dog and family does in the book. Great illustrations on showing the stages of the baby too.

I had to help with the word, "umbilical" cord. Otherwise, she did very good at reading the story to me. She knew that the food is eaten
Lorie
Liked this book better after reading the author's note at the end. As it explained what when daddy's sperm and mommy's ovem fit together like a puzzle, a baby is made I thought that that might be a little too much. The author's note, however, explained that parents should read the book first, decide what is appropriate for their child/children and add/edit/delete as they read to their kids, though this would obviously only work with the nonreader. The advice they gave was to just answer your chi ...more
Jessica Wirth
Loved this! The language wasn't much different from what I was using anyway - very technical and biologically correct, but the pictures helped drive the idea home! I would recommend this to anyone with a obstetrically curious youngster!
Suzanne
I left out the part about daddy putting his sperm inside of mommy because, you know, she's four. That is a can of sperm--I mean worms--I don't want to open just yet. But the rest was good, especially the part about giving mommy her rest.
Jamie
Good intro for toddlers! We changed many words to better suit our family (skipped the page about how the baby is made, talked about the midwife rather than the doctor, etc) but this was a helpful explanation for our little ones.
Edina
Kid has questions? You answer them. Don't read them a boring book.
Nachiketa
Nachiketa marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Rosie
Rosie added it
Jul 15, 2014
Simone
Simone added it
Jun 27, 2014
Neelma
Neelma marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Becka
Becka marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Amanda Richards
Amanda Richards marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Irene Boadi
Irene Boadi marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Erin
Erin added it
Jan 23, 2014
Taylor Garrett
Taylor Garrett marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Perez Malone
Perez Malone marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Heidi Murkoff is the author of the What to Expect® series and author of Eating Well When You're Expecting, The What to Expect Pregnancy Journal & Organizer, What to Expect the First Year, The What to Expect Baby-Sitter's Handbook, and the What to Expect Kids series from HarperCollins. Her interactive website is www.whattoexpect.com, and she lives with her family in Los Angeles, California.
More about Heidi Murkoff...

What to Expect (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • What to Expect the First Year (What to Expect)
  • What to Expect When You're Expecting
  • What to Expect at Bedtime
  • What to Expect Gift Set
  • What to Expect Baby-Sitter's Handbook
  • What To Expect Pregnancy Planner
What to Expect When You're Expecting What to Expect the First Year (What to Expect) What to Expect the Toddler Years What to Expect Before You're Expecting What to Expect: Eating Well When You're Expecting