Start by marking “I Spy: A History and Episode Guide to the Groundbreaking Television Series” as Want to Read:
I Spy: A History and Episode Guide to the Groundbreaking Television Series

I Spy: A History and Episode Guide to the Groundbreaking Television Series

One of the most popular and award-winning television series of the sixties, I Spy was the first weekly broadcast to star both a white and a black actor. In 1964, though, producer Sheldon Leonard had, with heavy risk, financed the show himself, and his idea for a racially incorporated cast had earned his show the moniker Sheldon's Folley. Pairing established white actor Rob ...more
Published January 25th 2007 by McFarland & Company

To ask other readers questions about I Spy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Spy

Beverly Diehl
Apr 09, 2013 Beverly Diehl rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
What truffles are to regular chocolate is what I Spy by Marc Cushman and Linda LaRosa is to any other book covering this remarkable series. (Not to mention being so rich and flavorful it has to be enjoyed in very small bites.)

Chapter One does open a bit slowly, with so many references to other novels, movies, and shows that I almost had to check the cover to remember what I was reading about. I was also Jarred by the Editorial Choice to Capitalize the Racial terms Black and White. While this may
Cmfish
Apr 03, 2010 Cmfish rated it really liked it
Probably one of the best episode guides for a series ever published. The descriptions are basic, but the reviews go into much more detail. It goes into the history of the show, background on everything.

One of the most interesting things about it is that the author includes notes sent to the show-runners by Standards and Practices at NBC regarding things they should take out or be mindful of. Apparently, just having someone mention a circular bed was quite salacious.
Nicole
Apr 05, 2010 Nicole rated it really liked it
Great, in depth review of the creation, the production, and the impact of TV show 'I Spy' in the mid-1960s.
Wesley Britton
Wesley Britton rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
Matt Gumm
Matt Gumm is currently reading it
Mar 09, 2015
Julija
Julija marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2014
Johan Kjellstrom
Johan Kjellstrom rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2014
Jrandall4
Jrandall4 rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2013
Christopher York
Christopher York marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2013
Marty
Marty rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2012
David
David rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2012
Ken
Ken rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2011
Brett
Brett rated it really liked it
May 25, 2011
Isblue
Isblue rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2011