Start by marking “Development Across the Lifespan” as Want to Read:
Development Across the Lifespan

Development Across the Lifespan

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  123 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Development Across the Life Span seeks to capture the discipline in a way that sparks and nurtures and shapes readers’ interest. It is meant to excite students about the field, to draw them into its way of looking at the world, and to build their understanding of developmental issues. The text furnishes a broad, comprehensive introduction to the field, covering basic theor ...more
Published June 1st 1999 by Prentice Hall College Div (first published August 7th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Development Across the Lifespan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Development Across the Lifespan

Monika Woods
Jun 16, 2016 Monika Woods rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Feldman's approach to the developmental study of psychology is well laid out with appropriate research and context. A no nonsense, common sense approach to life and development, as well as addressing many different global and culture practices. The inclusiveness of the writing helps individuals or all persuasions understand the unity of the human species, and how we can understand ourselves as we develop.
Alycia
Mar 31, 2015 Alycia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First time I've actually REALLY read an entire textbook from cover to cover. Probably one of the best and informational textbooks I've ever read as well.
Bill
Aug 17, 2011 Bill rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bill by: Graduate Level Course
Shelves: schooling
What can you say? It was a text book for a graduate level course. It contains a wealth of information and presents it somewhat better than the traditional lackluster, mundane approach textbooks commonly have. Will I read it again? Probably not, but I may reference back to it from time to time. Would I recommend it? Only if it is a course requirement for a course you are taking.
Kim Blackham
Nov 02, 2008 Kim Blackham rated it really liked it
This really is one of the best textbooks I have read. I know it's not that exciting, but this is the reason I have over 20 books in the "to-read" section. Love school, but don't seem to have enough time to read other things as often as I would like.
Jesse
Jul 21, 2012 Jesse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm including this on my list, since it took up my reading time. And I don't know if I had ever finished reading a text book in undergrad. But, the last textbook that I had to read for grad school prerecs.
Shara
Jan 05, 2009 Shara rated it it was amazing
This is a text book, but it was so fun to read! The writing is lively and interestig. Kudos to such great writers who made a mandatory topic of study absolutely fascinating!
Rachel
Mar 06, 2011 Rachel added it
This is for my HDFS 201 class, and I would recommend any girl to read it. I know it's a text book, but its got a lot of good knowledge I think every girl should know.
Eddie
Mar 31, 2007 Eddie rated it liked it
Didn't read the whole thing through but what I did read was pretty good for a textbook. Interesting subjects and good use of anecdotes.
Jay
Nov 23, 2011 Jay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just a textbook. It was well written, but nothing memorable
Ashley
Dec 04, 2012 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Surprisingly, this was a pretty good ( and Long) read for a textbook.
Becca
Sep 27, 2008 Becca rated it liked it
Pretty good.
Liana Cristina
Liana Cristina marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Ericka
Ericka is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2016
Princess
Princess marked it as to-read
Yari Deliz
Yari Deliz marked it as to-read
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
John Ponce
John Ponce marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Griselda
Griselda marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Marianna Brown
Marianna Brown rated it did not like it
Aug 19, 2016
Dora Koutsou
Dora Koutsou marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Quishaa DeShazor
Quishaa DeShazor marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Saloni
Saloni marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Magdalen Kara
Magdalen Kara rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2016
SanTi Juan
SanTi Juan marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Dinko
Dinko marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Saniya Ansari
Saniya Ansari marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Christian
Christian marked it as to-read
Norshahira Sanusi
Norshahira Sanusi marked it as to-read
Norshahira Sanusi
Norshahira Sanusi marked it as to-read
  • Do's and Taboos Around the World
  • Hurt People Hurt People
  • The Big Cats and Their Fossil Relatives: An Illustrated Guide to Their Evolution and Natural History
  • Ripley's Believe It or Not!
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Mad: Some Weird People in American History
  • Manhattan Freud
  • Introduction to Philosophy: Classical and Contemporary Readings
  • Guinness World Records 2016
  • The Book of Deadly Animals
  • The Dogist: Photographic Encounters with 1,000 Dogs
  • Building Motivational Interviewing Skills: A Practitioner Workbook
  • Forty Studies That Changed Psychology: Explorations into the History of Psychological Research
  • Discovering Your Personality Type: The Essential Introduction to the Enneagram, Revised and Expanded
  • Exploring Psychology, in Modules
  • The Grammar Of Fantasy: An Introduction To The Art Of Inventing Stories
  • The Mystery Of Consciousness
  • The Bully, the Bullied, and the Bystander
  • Weird U.S.: Your Travel Guide to America's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets (Weird Travel Guides)
Robert S. Feldman is Dean in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Professor of Psychology at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Feldman, who is winner of the College Distinguished Teacher award, has also taught courses at Mount Holyoke College, Wesleyan University, and Virginia Commonwealth University.

A Fellow of the American Psychological Association and the American Psycholo
More about Robert S. Feldman...