Development Across the Lifespan

Development Across the Lifespan

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Development Across the Life Span seeks to capture the discipline in a way that sparks and nurtures and shapes readers’ interest. It is meant to excite students about the field, to draw them into its way of looking at the world, and to build their understanding of developmental issues. The text furnishes a broad, comprehensive introduction to the field, covering basic theor...more
Published June 1st 1999 by Prentice Hall College Div (first published August 7th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Development Across the Lifespan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Development Across the Lifespan

Bill
Aug 17, 2011 Bill rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bill by: Graduate Level Course
Shelves: schooling
What can you say? It was a text book for a graduate level course. It contains a wealth of information and presents it somewhat better than the traditional lackluster, mundane approach textbooks commonly have. Will I read it again? Probably not, but I may reference back to it from time to time. Would I recommend it? Only if it is a course requirement for a course you are taking.
Kim Blackham
This really is one of the best textbooks I have read. I know it's not that exciting, but this is the reason I have over 20 books in the "to-read" section. Love school, but don't seem to have enough time to read other things as often as I would like.
Jesse
I'm including this on my list, since it took up my reading time. And I don't know if I had ever finished reading a text book in undergrad. But, the last textbook that I had to read for grad school prerecs.
Shara
This is a text book, but it was so fun to read! The writing is lively and interestig. Kudos to such great writers who made a mandatory topic of study absolutely fascinating!
Rachel
Mar 06, 2011 Rachel added it
This is for my HDFS 201 class, and I would recommend any girl to read it. I know it's a text book, but its got a lot of good knowledge I think every girl should know.
Eddie
Didn't read the whole thing through but what I did read was pretty good for a textbook. Interesting subjects and good use of anecdotes.
Jay
Just a textbook. It was well written, but nothing memorable
Ashley
Surprisingly, this was a pretty good ( and Long) read for a textbook.
Becca
Pretty good.
Chantilee Daniel
Chantilee Daniel marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Ronshana Mitchell
Ronshana Mitchell marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Mikaela Boley
Mikaela Boley marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Alyssa Alabastro
Alyssa Alabastro marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
James Douglas jr.
James Douglas jr. marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
James Douglas jr.
James Douglas jr. marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Eddie De la rosa
Eddie De la rosa marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Shonny Sosa
Shonny Sosa marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Josh Crowley
Josh Crowley marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Sh0wb0at3r
Sh0wb0at3r marked it as to-read
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Elenoa Nuusila
Elenoa Nuusila marked it as to-read
Unnur Thorisdottir
Unnur Thorisdottir marked it as to-read
Fané Austin
Fané Austin marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Paula Shaffer
Paula Shaffer marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Briana
Briana marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Lillian
Lillian marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Emanuel Floyd
Emanuel Floyd marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
David.rauschergmail.com
David.rauschergmail.com marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Robert S. Feldman is Dean in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Professor of Psychology at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Feldman, who is winner of the College Distinguished Teacher award, has also taught courses at Mount Holyoke College, Wesleyan University, and Virginia Commonwealth University.

A Fellow of the American Psychological Association and the American Psycholo...more
More about Robert S. Feldman...
The Liar in Your Life: The Way to Truthful Relationships Understanding Psychology Psychology and Your Life Essentials of Understanding Psychology P.O.W.E.R. Learning: Strategies for Success in College and Life