Start by marking “Development Across the Lifespan” as Want to Read:
Development Across the Lifespan

Development Across the Lifespan

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Development Across the Life Span seeks to capture the discipline in a way that sparks and nurtures and shapes readers’ interest. It is meant to excite students about the field, to draw them into its way of looking at the world, and to build their understanding of developmental issues. The text furnishes a broad, comprehensive introduction to the field, covering basic theor ...more
Published June 1st 1999 by Prentice Hall College Div (first published August 7th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Development Across the Lifespan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Development Across the Lifespan

Bill
Aug 17, 2011 Bill rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bill by: Graduate Level Course
Shelves: schooling
What can you say? It was a text book for a graduate level course. It contains a wealth of information and presents it somewhat better than the traditional lackluster, mundane approach textbooks commonly have. Will I read it again? Probably not, but I may reference back to it from time to time. Would I recommend it? Only if it is a course requirement for a course you are taking.
Kim Blackham
This really is one of the best textbooks I have read. I know it's not that exciting, but this is the reason I have over 20 books in the "to-read" section. Love school, but don't seem to have enough time to read other things as often as I would like.
Jesse
I'm including this on my list, since it took up my reading time. And I don't know if I had ever finished reading a text book in undergrad. But, the last textbook that I had to read for grad school prerecs.
Shara
This is a text book, but it was so fun to read! The writing is lively and interestig. Kudos to such great writers who made a mandatory topic of study absolutely fascinating!
Rachel
Mar 06, 2011 Rachel added it
This is for my HDFS 201 class, and I would recommend any girl to read it. I know it's a text book, but its got a lot of good knowledge I think every girl should know.
Eddie
Didn't read the whole thing through but what I did read was pretty good for a textbook. Interesting subjects and good use of anecdotes.
Jay
Just a textbook. It was well written, but nothing memorable
Ashley
Surprisingly, this was a pretty good ( and Long) read for a textbook.
Becca
Pretty good.
Terrell
Terrell marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Ashleigh Phillips
Ashleigh Phillips is currently reading it
Mar 19, 2015
Tony Hines
Tony Hines marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Yanna
Yanna marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Shelby Jones
Shelby Jones marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Kyly Tran
Kyly Tran marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Ormond Russell
Ormond Russell marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Sally Beth
Sally Beth marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Gabriella Nadjafi
Gabriella Nadjafi marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Monica Lofton
Monica Lofton marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Daisy
Daisy marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Aubrey Gabriel Bell
Aubrey Gabriel Bell marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Dullah Qdri
Dullah Qdri marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Cathy Ramos
Cathy Ramos marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Mad: Some Weird People in American History
  • Introduction to Philosophy: Classical and Contemporary Readings
  • Ripley's Believe It or Not!
  • The Book of Deadly Animals
  • The Grammar Of Fantasy: An Introduction To The Art Of Inventing Stories
  • Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5)
  • The Mystery Of Consciousness
  • Forty Studies That Changed Psychology: Explorations into the History of Psychological Research
  • Weird U.S.: Your Travel Guide to America's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets (Weird Travel Guides)
  • The Bully, the Bullied, and the Bystander
  • Abnormal Psychology: Clinical Perspectives on Psychological Disorders
  • Competent Christian Counseling, Volume One: Foundations and Practice of Compassionate Soul Care
  • Effective Biblical Counseling: A Model for Helping Caring Christians Become Capable Counselors
  • Chicken Soup for the Cat & Dog Lover's Soul:  Celebrating Pets as Family with Stories About Cats, Dogs and Other Critters
  • Batman: Scarecrow Tales
  • Danger in Quicksand Swamp: Danger in Quicksand Swamp
  • 101 Things to Do Before You Diet: Because Looking Great Isn't Just about Losing Weight
  • Gestures: The Do's and Taboos of Body Language Around the World
Robert S. Feldman is Dean in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Professor of Psychology at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Feldman, who is winner of the College Distinguished Teacher award, has also taught courses at Mount Holyoke College, Wesleyan University, and Virginia Commonwealth University.

A Fellow of the American Psychological Association and the American Psycholo
More about Robert S. Feldman...
The Liar in Your Life: The Way to Truthful Relationships Understanding Psychology Essentials of Understanding Psychology Psychology and Your Life Child Development (5th Edition) (MyDevelopmentLab Series)