Start by marking “Development Across the Lifespan” as Want to Read:
Development Across the Lifespan

Development Across the Lifespan

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Development Across the Life Span seeks to capture the discipline in a way that sparks and nurtures and shapes readers’ interest. It is meant to excite students about the field, to draw them into its way of looking at the world, and to build their understanding of developmental issues. The text furnishes a broad, comprehensive introduction to the field, covering basic theor ...more
Published June 1st 1999 by Prentice Hall College Div (first published August 7th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Development Across the Lifespan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Development Across the Lifespan

First time I've actually REALLY read an entire textbook from cover to cover. Probably one of the best and informational textbooks I've ever read as well.
Aug 17, 2011 Bill rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bill by: Graduate Level Course
Shelves: schooling
What can you say? It was a text book for a graduate level course. It contains a wealth of information and presents it somewhat better than the traditional lackluster, mundane approach textbooks commonly have. Will I read it again? Probably not, but I may reference back to it from time to time. Would I recommend it? Only if it is a course requirement for a course you are taking.
Kim Blackham
This really is one of the best textbooks I have read. I know it's not that exciting, but this is the reason I have over 20 books in the "to-read" section. Love school, but don't seem to have enough time to read other things as often as I would like.
I'm including this on my list, since it took up my reading time. And I don't know if I had ever finished reading a text book in undergrad. But, the last textbook that I had to read for grad school prerecs.
This is a text book, but it was so fun to read! The writing is lively and interestig. Kudos to such great writers who made a mandatory topic of study absolutely fascinating!
Mar 06, 2011 Rachel added it
This is for my HDFS 201 class, and I would recommend any girl to read it. I know it's a text book, but its got a lot of good knowledge I think every girl should know.
Didn't read the whole thing through but what I did read was pretty good for a textbook. Interesting subjects and good use of anecdotes.
Just a textbook. It was well written, but nothing memorable
Surprisingly, this was a pretty good ( and Long) read for a textbook.
Pretty good.
Jhenn Zuproc
Jhenn Zuproc marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Chigozie Charles
Chigozie Charles marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Michael Kuang
Michael Kuang is currently reading it
Sep 28, 2015
Juan Gonzalez
Juan Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Nakita marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Shann marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Jebf marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Greg Humes
Greg Humes marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Loudie Sergiles
Loudie Sergiles marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Tracie Claybrook
Tracie Claybrook marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Liz Rosenberg
Liz Rosenberg marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Olympia marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Ruben Almaguer
Ruben Almaguer marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Logan Page
Logan Page marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Mad: Some Weird People in American History
  • Ripley's Believe It or Not!
  • The Book of Deadly Animals
  • The Grammar Of Fantasy: An Introduction To The Art Of Inventing Stories
  • The Bully, the Bullied, and the Bystander
  • Weird U.S.: Your Travel Guide to America's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets (Weird Travel Guides)
  • Abnormal Psychology: Clinical Perspectives on Psychological Disorders
  • Competent Christian Counseling, Volume One: Foundations and Practice of Compassionate Soul Care
  • Batman: Scarecrow Tales
  • 101 Things to Do Before You Diet: Because Looking Great Isn't Just about Losing Weight
  • Gestures: The Do's and Taboos of Body Language Around the World
  • Effective Biblical Counseling: A Model for Helping Caring Christians Become Capable Counselors
  • Family Therapy: An Overview
  • Chicken Soup for the Cat & Dog Lover's Soul:  Celebrating Pets as Family with Stories About Cats, Dogs and Other Critters
  • Danger in Quicksand Swamp: Danger in Quicksand Swamp
  • Counseling: A Comprehensive Profession
  • Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions
  • Genograms: Assessment and Intervention
Robert S. Feldman is Dean in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Professor of Psychology at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Feldman, who is winner of the College Distinguished Teacher award, has also taught courses at Mount Holyoke College, Wesleyan University, and Virginia Commonwealth University.

A Fellow of the American Psychological Association and the American Psycholo
More about Robert S. Feldman...
The Liar in Your Life: The Way to Truthful Relationships Understanding Psychology Essentials of Understanding Psychology Psychology and Your Life Child Development (5th Edition) (MyDevelopmentLab Series)