Start by marking “Dark Sunshine (Phantom Stallion, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dark Sunshine (Phantom Stallion, #3)

Dark Sunshine (Phantom Stallion #3)

4.13  ·  Rating Details ·  1,332 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
The classic theme of a girl and her horse is set against a backdrop of mustangs, tumbleweeds, and a West that′s still Wild.

In the third book of the series Dark Sunshine, Sam rescues an abused horse from rustlers, but needs the Phantom′s help in convincing the young mare to trust her.

Ages 10+
Published October 1st 2002 by Avon Books

To ask other readers questions about Dark Sunshine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Sunshine

Allie
May 12, 2016 Allie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, my-faves, buddy-reads
Page 219............ ^_^
Irene
May 31, 2008 Irene rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who really likes horses
Recommended to Irene by: Myself
This book is filled with more then a personalitty. It makes you fell like you are there watching it happen. Nobody can see you but you feel the emotoins the character is feeling and you have the little mind movie flowing through your head. Not like in choppy peices where you have to stop a gajillion times to accutally figure out what happened. You sorta feel it. It's like it's natural.
The story is about a girl named Sam and she goes to meet her friend in a canyon and is alone when she hears a
Rena Sherwood
I've read a lot of heavy books lately, so it's good for my mental health to read a few children's/young adult books as an antidote. This was a cute story about mustangs but Terri Farley's facts about horses can get awfully screwed up at times. But hey -- why let the truth get in the way of a good story?

description

For example, there is an "albino" mustang in the story. There is no such thing as an albino horse. There are horses that look white, but they do have melanin and therefore are not albinos. Albino
Tiffany
Another great story for the horse lover.

This book is about a young girl who has recently returned home after having lived two years with her aunt. In this book the main character, Sam Forster, watches horse thieves try to ruin her beloved wild stallions herd. It is up to her and her keen sense of protectiveness to save her stallion, The Phantom. Not only is she trying to save her beloved Phantom she has to learn to share her best friend Jake and her dad. Can Sam do all that is required of her?

T
Katie
Sep 01, 2011 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book was an amazing story.....I found myself laughing at times. Some I thought was romance between Jake and Sam, but the suspense of the dangers the Phantom and Sam and Jake put themselves in is so fascinating that I couldn't put this book down at all. I'm defiantly think I'm going to finish this series this time. Sam and Jake have been best friends since they were toddlers, now they are both teenagers and working on Sam's farm. They pretend to be dating in the end to keep out of Lester's ( ...more
Amanda M
Sep 08, 2014 Amanda M rated it it was amazing
Dark Sunshine by Terri Farley focuses on Sam Forster's attempt to connect with the mnustang she "stole", as well as Mikki, the rebellious girl that comes to the ranch. This book is one of my favorites, and I love how Mikki's character changes. Sam's relationship with Dark Sunshine is also interesting.
Helen
Mar 07, 2012 Helen rated it really liked it
I only chose this to read because so many girls want horse books. And I felt like I should have started with the first book in the Phantom Stallion series because I was missing a lot. But we don't have the first one in our collection.
But I really enjoyed this book about wild mustangs, rustlers, and a ranch family. It was much better than I expected.
Liza
Dec 20, 2014 Liza rated it liked it
Overall this book was pretty good, I would rate it 3 stars out of 5, it lost my attention in some parts but it was interesting to read, it broke my heart in some parts but made me happy in others, I would recommend this book to horse lovers, and anyone that just wants a book to read to pass some time.
Tory
Oct 22, 2010 Tory rated it liked it
I read this book back when I was in fifth or sixth grade. That is when I first started reading for the fun of it. I owe this series a lot because with out it I may to have become the big reader I am to day.
Brit
Mar 11, 2009 Brit rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I love the horse's name, too. The horse's name is Dark Sunshine, hence the name of the book.
Taylor
Feb 04, 2014 Taylor rated it liked it
These books have their problems and cons, but something in them keeps pulling me back for more. Terri has good characters and communicates their feeling well. Plus, I love horses.
Lafanda
Nov 30, 2014 Lafanda rated it really liked it
A great series for the young horse-lover! I read the whole series as a kid and each book keeps you interested and racing for the next!
Mary
Jun 21, 2011 Mary rated it really liked it
This one is heartbreaking. The wild horse in this book is so miserable and has been abused so much. It hurts my heart to read about it.
Whirlawayka
Whirlawayka rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2013
Ilene
Ilene rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2008
Laura rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2015
Lowri Jones
Lowri Jones rated it it was ok
Nov 30, 2013
Morgan
Morgan rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2009
Cass-Caillou
Cass-Caillou rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2013
Megan Piel
Megan Piel rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2011
Sushi
Sushi rated it liked it
May 18, 2016
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Addie
Addie rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2017
Catheleen
Catheleen rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2013
Jordan Landerman
Jordan Landerman rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2015
Lilia
Lilia rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2013
Linda Young
Linda Young rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2012
Allison
Allison rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2017
Rebecca Laine
Rebecca Laine rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2013
  • Bold Beauty (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #3)
  • Love Is a Gift (Heartland, #15)
  • Samantha's Pride (Thoroughbred, #7)
Terri Farley is the author of Seven Tears into the Sea, the Phantom Stallion series for young readers and the forthcoming Wild at Heart: Mustangs and the Young People Fighting to Save Them (Fall 2015).

Terri lives in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains with her journalist husband and pets, but still longs for the California beaches where she grew up. She's worked as a waitress, journalist
More about Terri Farley...

Phantom Stallion (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • The Wild One (Phantom Stallion, #1)
  • Mustang Moon (Phantom Stallion, #2)
  • The Renegade (Phantom Stallion, #4)
  • Free Again (Phantom Stallion, #5)
  • The Challenger (Phantom Stallion, #6)
  • Desert Dancer (Phantom Stallion, #7)
  • Golden Ghost (Phantom Stallion, #8)
  • Gift Horse (Phantom Stallion, #9)
  • Red Feather Filly (Phantom Stallion, #10)
  • Untamed (Phantom Stallion, #11)