Start by marking “Re-Creations (Grace Livingston Hill #89)” as Want to Read:
Re-Creations (Grace Livingston Hill #89)

Re-Creations (Grace Livingston Hill #89)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  165 ratings  ·  12 reviews
When lovely Cornelia Copley's mother becomes ill, Cornelia must leave her beloved college and return home to care for her family. But things at home have changed a great deal. Her family is living in near poverty, in a shabby and dismal little house. And her younger brother has become rebellious and distant.

Cornelia is filled with dismay and self-pity. Then she overhears h
Published February 10th 1997 by Living Books (first published 1921)

To ask other readers questions about Re-Creations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Re-Creations

Kerri
This is a sweet book by G.L. Hill. A college girl is enjoying her time at college learning to be an interior decorator. She feels important to her friends there, and looks forward to an exciting career.

Her dreams are dashed when she gets a lettter from her father, telling her that things have fallen apart financially for him, and the stress has created health problems for her mother. She has to come home because there is no more money for college, and she must also take care of the family while
Joanie Bruce
This book was so much fun. I always love reading the books written by Grace Livingston Hill, and every one of them keep me up till all hours of the night ... the whole time I’m telling myself I need to go to bed, but dying to read more of the story.

What I loved: I loved the way Cornelia grew from being a pouting, self-centered, selfish young lady to a caring, selfless, loving person who cared about family more than anything else. I also enjoyed the way she creatively redecorated their run-down,
Melissa
I believe this is one of my favorite of Mrs. Hill's novels. It is less a romance than a sweet tale of a young woman who must give up her last few months at college to help out at home when her mother is ill. At first she is depressed by the run-down home that her family had to move into, but as she realizes her selfishness, she puts her all into improving the place and being a good influence on her siblings. It kept me quite riveted though it is a simple enough story. It made me ashamed of my la ...more
randy
Good

Enjoyable and uplifting. I wonder why so many words are necessary for a review. I would do more reviews if I could just rate it.
Susan
I found this book recently, one of my favorite authors, and realized I'd never read it. It didn't look as appealing as the others, but I ended up loving it!

It was pretty old-fashioned, having been written in 1924, but for the most part I sure love the morals of those days, and I appreciated the character development of this story.

The main message of the story was "Love them back." The main character's brother has become seemingly morally lost, and needed the love of his family, and their depend
Bek Dodwell
Love this book! So sweet!
Zalia
I was given this book by my great-grandmother and I ended up enjoying it much more than I thought I would. The author is fabulous at weaving real-life worries in with lovely imagery and a plot that keeps you turning pages! Would definitely recommend!!
Stephanie
These few books that I have read by Hill are wonderful in seeing just what tremendous influence women can have in the world.
Desertisland
Reminds me somewhat of another favorite for re-reading, EMILY OF DEEP VALLEY by Maud Hart Lovelace.
Katie Lynn Fox
An innocent, old-fashioned romance written by my great-great-grandma.
Michelle Nix
One of my all time favorite books.
Partridge Public
Hill, Grace Livingston
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Barbara Wood
Barbara Wood marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Kathleen Sacchi
Kathleen Sacchi marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Gladys L. Nasif
Gladys L. Nasif marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Bunnie
Bunnie marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Leah Messer
Leah Messer marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Karen d'Agrella
Karen d'Agrella marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
  • The Disappearing Stranger (Adventures of the Northwoods #1)
  • The Fifth Man (Oxygen, #2)
  • The Tanglewoods' Secret
  • A Bride's Portrait of Dodge City, Kansas
  • The Soul Saver
  • The Brides of Webster County (Brides of Webster County, #1-4)
  • A Key to Many Doors
  • Elizabeth Gail and the Mystery at the Johnson Farm
  • Surrender the Dawn (Surrender to Destiny, #3)
  • Chataine's Guardian
also wrote under the pseudonym Marcia MacDonald

A popular author of her day she wrote over 100 novels and numerous short stories of religious and Christian fiction. Her characters were most often young female ingénues, frequently strong Christian women or those who become so within the confines of the story.
More about Grace Livingston Hill...
The Enchanted Barn Marcia Schuyler (Miranda Trilogy #1) The Girl from Montana (GLH #66) The Substitute Guest Cloudy Jewel (Grace Livingston Hill #84)