Start by marking “Re-Creations” as Want to Read:
Re-Creations

Re-Creations

When lovely Cornelia Copley's mother becomes ill, Cornelia must leave her beloved college and return home to care for her family. But things at home have changed a great deal. Her family is living in near poverty, in a shabby and dismal little house. And her younger brother has become rebellious and distant.

Cornelia is filled with dismay and self-pity. Then she overhears h
Published February 24th 1997 by Living Books (first published 1921)

To ask other readers questions about Re-Creations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Re-Creations

Kerri
Mar 04, 2011 Kerri rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is a sweet book by G.L. Hill. A college girl is enjoying her time at college learning to be an interior decorator. She feels important to her friends there, and looks forward to an exciting career.

Her dreams are dashed when she gets a lettter from her father, telling her that things have fallen apart financially for him, and the stress has created health problems for her mother. She has to come home because there is no more money for college, and she must also take care of the family while
Joanie Bruce
Oct 29, 2014 Joanie Bruce rated it it was amazing
This book was so much fun. I always love reading the books written by Grace Livingston Hill, and every one of them keep me up till all hours of the night ... the whole time I’m telling myself I need to go to bed, but dying to read more of the story.

What I loved: I loved the way Cornelia grew from being a pouting, self-centered, selfish young lady to a caring, selfless, loving person who cared about family more than anything else. I also enjoyed the way she creatively redecorated their run-down,
Tiffany
I can't discern if I enjoyed this book so much because it was an utter surprise or just because it is that good. I picked it up on a trade shelf at an airport in Centralia, Washington because I thought the cover was beautiful. Sometimes you can judge a book by it's cover I suppose. It did get lengthy at times, but instead of wanting to skip ahead, I found myself enjoying the poetic steady writing. I found it uplifting and inspiring and sweet, old fashioned, romantic, and full of a romp of an adv ...more
Katie Lynn Fox
Nov 30, 2007 Katie Lynn Fox rated it really liked it
An innocent, old-fashioned romance written by my great-great-grandma.
Erin Longbrake
Mar 19, 2016 Erin Longbrake rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-contest
I've read this book dozens of times. It's one of those relaxing, go to books... Every time I read it, I roll my eyes at some of the gender stereotypes and elitism it contains. Yet, I keep going back and reading it again. It's a nice story...I like the parts where she is making over their home. The romance is kind of an afterthought.
Melissa
Jan 13, 2011 Melissa rated it really liked it
I believe this is one of my favorite of Mrs. Hill's novels. It is less a romance than a sweet tale of a young woman who must give up her last few months at college to help out at home when her mother is ill. At first she is depressed by the run-down home that her family had to move into, but as she realizes her selfishness, she puts her all into improving the place and being a good influence on her siblings. It kept me quite riveted though it is a simple enough story. It made me ashamed of my la ...more
Anna
Sep 10, 2015 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cornelia is just the sort of heroine I like. Strong and self reliant, but not always perfect sometimes selfish, sometimes impatient, sometimes just discouraged, but she picks herself up and tries again.
Gwen Hopkins
Lovely

This is a book displaying so many human emotions that we have experienced. Love , disappointment, joy, soul searching and fears that we all have had at one time or another.
randy
Jul 04, 2015 randy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

Enjoyable and uplifting. I wonder why so many words are necessary for a review. I would do more reviews if I could just rate it.
Susan
Dec 20, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
I found this book recently, one of my favorite authors, and realized I'd never read it. It didn't look as appealing as the others, but I ended up loving it!

It was pretty old-fashioned, having been written in 1924, but for the most part I sure love the morals of those days, and I appreciated the character development of this story.

The main message of the story was "Love them back." The main character's brother has become seemingly morally lost, and needed the love of his family, and their depend
Maggie Shanley
Aug 16, 2015 Maggie Shanley rated it liked it
Sweet story of a girl who leaves college to help her family, interior decorating and romance/protégés.
Bek Dodwell
Jul 30, 2014 Bek Dodwell rated it it was amazing
Love this book! So sweet!
Zalia
Sep 27, 2013 Zalia rated it really liked it
I was given this book by my great-grandmother and I ended up enjoying it much more than I thought I would. The author is fabulous at weaving real-life worries in with lovely imagery and a plot that keeps you turning pages! Would definitely recommend!!
Stephanie
May 27, 2009 Stephanie rated it really liked it
These few books that I have read by Hill are wonderful in seeing just what tremendous influence women can have in the world.
Desertisland
Dec 14, 2009 Desertisland rated it really liked it
Reminds me somewhat of another favorite for re-reading, EMILY OF DEEP VALLEY by Maud Hart Lovelace.
Michelle Nix
Jan 26, 2013 Michelle Nix rated it it was amazing
One of my all time favorite books.
Partridge Public
Hill, Grace Livingston
Pix
Pix rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2016
Schyler
Schyler rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Margaret Mary
Margaret Mary rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2016
Sarah Richmond
Sarah Richmond is currently reading it
Sep 02, 2016
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Carol Davis
Carol Davis marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Timothy Deane
Timothy Deane marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Sandra Nelson
Sandra Nelson rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Laura rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2016
  • The Honor Girl
  • Ester Ried
  • No Dark Valley
  • The Silent Victor (Beginnings Series, #1)
  • Fire of Heaven (Fire of Heaven, #3)
  • Profession
  • The Fifth Man (Oxygen, #2)
  • Lighted Windows
  • The Disappearing Stranger (Adventures of the Northwoods #1)
  • Jerusalem Vigil (Zion Legacy, #1)
  • The Silent Piano
  • The Camera Never Lies
  • The Inn of the Sixth Happiness
  • The Tanglewoods' Secret
also wrote under the pseudonym Marcia MacDonald
also published under the name Grace Livingston Hill Lutz

A popular author of her day, she wrote over 100 novels and numerous short stories of religious and Christian fiction. Her characters were most often young female ingénues, frequently strong Christian women or those who become so within the confines of the story.
More about Grace Livingston Hill...