Start by marking “Get Yours!: How to Have Everything You Ever Dreamed of and More” as Want to Read:
Get Yours!: How to Have Everything You Ever Dreamed of and More

Get Yours!: How to Have Everything You Ever Dreamed of and More

Do you want more from your job, your man, your life? Well, in this insightful guide, Amy DuBois Barnett, the former editor in chief of Teen People and Honey magazine, shows you how to GET YOURS�today, this year and forever! With humor and honesty, Amy shares her own story of transformation from awkward, insecure people-pleaser to strong, independent woman. She reveals th ...more
Published September 25th 2007 by Crown Archetype

To ask other readers questions about Get Yours!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get Yours!

Meghan
Oct 31, 2007 Meghan added it
this book is exactly why i don't read self help books. It's excellently written, but more of a memoir-in-progress than anything. A bit self-indulgent.
Tonya
Nov 20, 2007 Tonya rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Young Girls ages 18-24
Shelves: inspirational
When I heard about this book, I must admit I was excited. But after half-reading this book, I was disappointed. As much as I love Amy Dubois, (I think she's fabulous!) Amy had nothing new to say that other Self-Help books haven't.

Don't get me wrong: I agree with 98% of what the she says in her book and I try to live by the same mantra she mentions in this book. I also love the fact that her book is very easy to read and is very interactive. But this book was more of "I'm so happy and everything
DrDiva
Apr 26, 2013 DrDiva rated it really liked it
My book club, The Reading Divas, just finished reading this book. The first half of the book was very motivational! We were excited about the tips and advice given in the book. We also loved the the underlying theme of being true to yourself and what you want and need on life. The second half offered information that was general to any self-help book....Nevertheless, we liked the book and came away from it with practical skills and strategies that we could use in our daily life.
Holly
Dec 20, 2008 Holly rated it really liked it
Awesome book. EASY read, I read this in a few hours and its a no nonsense approach to getting what you want, written in a way that feels like you are really talking to your best girlfriends! No psycho babble (not that this psych major sees anything wrong with babble lol) but for those who dont want to sort thru the lengthy, self diagnostic self help books out there and want it straightforward and humorous, this book is for you.
Ronda Stroud
Dec 27, 2007 Ronda Stroud marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: All Women
Amy Dubois was the Editor in Cheif of Honey Magazine. I have seen her speak a few times and she is awesome. I cant wait to read her book on success!
Arielle
Dec 20, 2007 Arielle rated it really liked it
Good book!
Paris
Nov 21, 2010 Paris rated it liked it
This book is okay but far from good. Although, she touched embarked on some great points; the information was overly redundant.
Jessica
Dec 17, 2008 Jessica rated it liked it
"When I am just being myself and I'm happy, I look great. When I'm acting happy and I smile, it looks crazy."

-India.Arie on spirituality
(interview with Amy DuBois Barnett)
L
L rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2013
Tongela
Tongela rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2012
Melsbac
Melsbac rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2008
Zena
Zena rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2015
Dee
Dee rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2008
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2012
Artis
Artis rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2016
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2008
Niurka D
Niurka D rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2009
Christen
Christen rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2012
Ali
Ali rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2012
Meghan
Meghan rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2008
Vaneese
Vaneese rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2012
Yvonne Newton
Yvonne Newton rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2013
Nette
Nette rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2010
Kyshira Moffett
Kyshira Moffett rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2012
Nandi Crawford
Nandi Crawford is currently reading it
Dec 27, 2007
LaKeysha
LaKeysha rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Alexis
Alexis rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2008
Yolanda
Yolanda rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2007