Start by marking “Cry in the Night (Rock Harbor Series #5)” as Want to Read:
Cry in the Night (Rock Harbor Series #5)

Cry in the Night (Rock Harbor #5)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  1,159 ratings  ·  83 reviews
The highly anticipated novel that delivers what romantic suspense fans have waited for--the return to Rock Harbor.

A mysterious crying in the night leads search-and-rescue worker Bree Matthews and her dog Samson to an abandoned baby in the woods outside of Rock Harbor, Michigan. Against objections from her husband, Bree takes the baby girl in. Quickly she begins a search fo
Published February 3rd 2009 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Cry in the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cry in the Night

This Present Darkness by Frank E. PerettiDown & Out by Marcy G. DyerAgainst All Odds by Irene HannonThe Pawn by Steven JamesIn Harm's Way by Irene Hannon
Christian Mystery/Suspense Books
87th out of 331 books — 250 voters
A Cold Day in Paradise by Steve HamiltonMiddlesex by Jeffrey EugenidesAbby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria LaurieBetter Read Than Dead by Victoria LaurieA Superior Death by Nevada Barr
Books set in Michigan
82nd out of 271 books — 93 voters

More lists with this book...

Ronda  Tutt
Wow! What can I say except it was another all nighter that I couldn't put down. Excelent Mystery Read. I highly recommend the Rock Harbor Series. Colleen Coble is a great writer, the books in this series are as follows:

Without a Trace (Rock Harbor) by Colleen Coble
Beyond a Doubt A Rock Harbor Novel-Repackage (Rock Harbor) by Colleen Coble
Into the Deep A Rock Harbor Novel-Repackage (Rock Harbor) by Colleen Coble
Cry in the Night (Rock Harbor Series #4) by Colleen Coble
Cry in the Night
A Rock Harbor Mystery
Colleen Coble
Thomas Nelson

Bree Matthews, her son Davy, and her dog Samson have moved on with life, after a tragic plane crash, killed her first husband. However strange happenings in their UP Michigan area, has Bree on the edge. She is seeing things, or is she?

Babies are disappearing, a social worker is missing, and someone has tried to snatch Davy. Bree's nerves are stretched to nearly snapping. Add in a sister-in-law who is sup
Victor Gentile
Colleen Coble in her new book “Cry In The Night book coverCry In The Night” Book Four in the Rock Harbor series published by Thomas Nelson gives us another adventure with Bree Matthews and Samson, her search-and-rescue dog.

From the back cover: Bree and Samson discover a crying infant in the snowy Rock Harbor forest. But where are the baby’s parents? And how did she get there?

A mysterious sound leads search-and-rescue worker Bree Matthews and her dog Samson to an abandoned baby in the woods outsi
Karen Birman kent
This was a cool book, in that it took place in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is part of a series by this author called A Rock Harbor Mystery. It was fun to see familiar names like Houghton, Marquette...
I loved all the books I've read by Colleen Coble in this series until this one. One problem may have been the ebook copy I purchased. One paragraph was about a certain character and then the next would jump right into a new character. I am not sure if the print version did this or if it was just an error in my ebook. I just felt the book jumped around too much in general and since the author gave away a huge part of the mystery in the very beginning you kind of knew what was going on right from ...more
Found this book on the shelf at the library and it caught my eye. Then I realized it was not the first book in the series. OH well gonna read it anyway.
The book has a slow start but it could have just been the fact I didn't have all the back story that the author assumed I had picked up in the other books. However once I got going it then sucked me in and was very fast paced. Liked it so much I am putting some of the others from the series on my list.
Carolyn E
This story gets 7 or 8 stars. This is the first book I have read by Colleen Coble; it was great!! I didn't realize that Cry in the Night was part of a series, so now I will have to see if I can find the previous books in the Rock Harbor series.

Search-and-rescue worker Bree Matthews and her dog Samson find an abandoned baby in the woods outside of Rock Harbor, Michigan. Of course, Bree rescues the baby girl and immediately begins a search for the baby's mother. Secretly, Bree would like to keep t
I love this author. her books always have the right amount of drama to make it suspenseful, heartbreaking and a little humor to keep it light. she is brilliant with wording and the fact she is a Christian author comes hrough n her writing. she doesn't ram God down your throat. Instead she makes comments throught the book about how he character is thankful to God for something, or praying to God about something. It is a well thought out story.
Cry in the Night was such a fast read for my because from the beginning of the book I had an idea of what was happening so I wanted to hurry up and find out if I was right. With the exception of one twist that I didn't see coming I felt like I was figuring out what the author was waiting to reveal. Bree and her second husband Kade have their hands full raising Bree's son with her first husband, working, helping out around the community, and fostering a little baby girl who quickly captures Bree' ...more
Dorothy Timm
I enjoyed this book. I did think the ending went a little fast, like suddenly the author felt like wrapping it up. Also, there were a few references to previous books in the series (I didn't know this was a series when I got it that kind of made me wish I'd read those books. This is the second book I've read by this author, and I'd definitely be interested in reading more by her.
This was one of my favorites! I wasn't sure about the storyline but it all worked, I think. I really enjoyed reading about winter and the blizzard. And now, unfortunately, I am finished with the Rock Harbor series. Will there be more? I hope so!
mary Ethington
I really like the mystery all though it is pretty far fetched. It is fun to see who "did it" at the end, but it never has anyone had worse luck then this family. Although I like this character, it would have been a little more believable if it didn't all (the three books before and then this one) happen to the same person. Also, as smart as Bree is, she is the one who always solve the case and it is usually because of her gut feeling. Not to mention her brother in law who is the sheriff, lets he ...more
Tee Mcdaniel
This was another great book by Colleen Coble, lots of twist and turns a baby hidden in the woods ,a husband that was suppose to be dead returning to kidnap the son he left behind and illegal adoptions. Extreme weather conditions also to be had.
This is the first Colleen Coble book I've read and I love it! I can't wait to read more of her books.
I love the story and the characters
The writing was pretty good, and there was some suspense, but I was impatient with the main character and her melodramatic feelings.
Mary Baker
I enjoyed this novel which was a quick, easy read. I had figured out what was going on long before the novel ended though.
Mary Beth
The final installment of the Rock Harbor series. An excellent series!
I absolutely loved this series and am sand to see them end. Wishing for more of Bree, Kade & Davy!
Rustina Jones
Had to stay up passed bedtime but I had to know how this book ended.
Denise Smith
Great finish to this series! I recommend it.
Another great book!! In love with this series!!
Excellent! I really enjoyed the story. Though it was cheesy at times in the romance,the twists and turns held me easily!
I love this series! This one may be my favorite, though. I never fail to be surprised by Colleen Coble.
While I like most of the main characters in this series, this book didn't work as well for me. The primary twist just wasn't believable to me and frustrated me. Leave this poor family alone and let them be happy! Some of the characters are shallow, selfish and foolish and I didn't have much sympathy for their consequences of their poor choices. I'm giving it 3 stars because it held my attention and I'm feeling generous.
It's probably not a good idea to read the 4th book in a series first, but I wasn't aware of that fact when I started. The characters had most likely been developed in the other books so I missed out on that. That's probably why I felt like this story was choppy and jumped around too much. It was a little too unrealistic for me, too. But I enjoyed the mystery as I haven't read one in a long time.
I just started this book and i cannot put it down! its a mystery and a very good one. It starts with Bree Matthews and her family living in Michigan. When they find this little baby girl in the woods one cold winter night, they wonder if it has anything to do with the dissaperience of a women a few days ago. This books has suspense, mystery, wonder, and action all wrapped up in one novel!
Sep 25, 2009 Jen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: best-of
WOW! This one is really something! I am really liking it! It moves right along, even better than Midnight Sea! Very, very good! And it was interesting to read about a different part of the country than what is normally chosen for settings in stories. I only know about the UP at all because a friend vacationed there recently, so it was fun to see the tale unfold there.
  • When a Heart Stops (Deadly Reunions, #2)
  • Trial by Fire (Newpointe 911 #4)
  • A Quarter for a Kiss (The Million Dollar Mysteries, #4)
  • Coral Moon (Kanner Lake Series #2)
  • An Eye for an Eye (Heroes of Quantico, #2)
  • The Bride Backfire (Prairie Promises, #2)
  • Driftwood Lane (Nantucket, #4)
  • Water's Edge
  • True Courage (Uncommon Heroes, #4)
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.
More about Colleen Coble...

Rock Harbor (5 books)
  • Without a Trace (Rock Harbor Series #1)
  • Beyond a Doubt (Rock Harbor Series #2)
  • Into the Deep (Rock Harbor Series #3)
  • Abomination (Rock Harbor Series #4)