Start by marking “Cry in the Night (Rock Harbor Series #5)” as Want to Read:
Cry in the Night (Rock Harbor Series #5)

Cry in the Night (Rock Harbor #5)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  1,376 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews
The highly anticipated novel that delivers what romantic suspense fans have waited forthe return to Rock Harbor.

Published February 3rd 2009 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Cry in the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cry in the Night

Ronda  Tutt
Jun 09, 2009 Ronda Tutt rated it it was amazing
Wow! What can I say except it was another all nighter that I couldn't put down. Excelent Mystery Read. I highly recommend the Rock Harbor Series. Colleen Coble is a great writer, the books in this series are as follows:

Without a Trace (Rock Harbor) by Colleen Coble
Beyond a Doubt A Rock Harbor Novel-Repackage (Rock Harbor) by Colleen Coble
Into the Deep A Rock Harbor Novel-Repackage (Rock Harbor) by Colleen Coble
Cry in the Night (Rock Harbor Series #4) by Colleen Coble
Victor Gentile
Jun 19, 2013 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Colleen Coble in her new book “Cry In The Night book coverCry In The Night” Book Four in the Rock Harbor series published by Thomas Nelson gives us another adventure with Bree Matthews and Samson, her search-and-rescue dog.

From the back cover: Bree and Samson discover a crying infant in the snowy Rock Harbor forest. But where are the baby’s parents? And how did she get there?

A mysterious sound leads search-and-rescue worker Bree Matthews and her dog Samson to an abandoned baby in the woods outsi
Cindy
Sep 02, 2009 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Cry in the Night
A Rock Harbor Mystery
Colleen Coble
2009
Thomas Nelson
Fiction/Christian/Suspense

Bree Matthews, her son Davy, and her dog Samson have moved on with life, after a tragic plane crash, killed her first husband. However strange happenings in their UP Michigan area, has Bree on the edge. She is seeing things, or is she?

Babies are disappearing, a social worker is missing, and someone has tried to snatch Davy. Bree's nerves are stretched to nearly snapping. Add in a sister-in-law who is sup
Karen Birman kent
Apr 27, 2013 Karen Birman kent rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cool book, in that it took place in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is part of a series by this author called A Rock Harbor Mystery. It was fun to see familiar names like Houghton, Marquette...
Mysterylady
Oct 14, 2016 Mysterylady rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Now I have to go backwards because I didn't realize this is #5 in the series. A great read though.
Judy
Apr 12, 2016 Judy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the first two books in the series. Didn't really care for the first book as it was so dragged out. Enjoyed the second book even though parts of it were dragged out. Then the ending is really good and it is so exciting and then all of a sudden the book is at an end...

Since I cannot check these books out at a library, I had the fifth book in the series so read it. It answered questions I had about the books I missed. I did enjoy this book, except again the story moved so slow in parts of th
Kathryn
May 17, 2009 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Carolyn E
Apr 26, 2012 Carolyn E rated it it was amazing
This story gets 7 or 8 stars. This is the first book I have read by Colleen Coble; it was great!! I didn't realize that Cry in the Night was part of a series, so now I will have to see if I can find the previous books in the Rock Harbor series.

Search-and-rescue worker Bree Matthews and her dog Samson find an abandoned baby in the woods outside of Rock Harbor, Michigan. Of course, Bree rescues the baby girl and immediately begins a search for the baby's mother. Secretly, Bree would like to keep t
Suzanne
Jun 21, 2012 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Cry in the Night was such a fast read for my because from the beginning of the book I had an idea of what was happening so I wanted to hurry up and find out if I was right. With the exception of one twist that I didn't see coming I felt like I was figuring out what the author was waiting to reveal. Bree and her second husband Kade have their hands full raising Bree's son with her first husband, working, helping out around the community, and fostering a little baby girl who quickly captures Bree' ...more
Salena
Apr 01, 2013 Salena rated it really liked it
mary Ethington
Feb 22, 2011 mary Ethington rated it liked it
I really like the mystery all though it is pretty far fetched. It is fun to see who "did it" at the end, but it never has anyone had worse luck then this family. Although I like this character, it would have been a little more believable if it didn't all (the three books before and then this one) happen to the same person. Also, as smart as Bree is, she is the one who always solve the case and it is usually because of her gut feeling. Not to mention her brother in law who is the sheriff, lets he ...more
Kim
Mar 12, 2015 Kim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I loved all the books I've read by Colleen Coble in this series until this one. One problem may have been the ebook copy I purchased. One paragraph was about a certain character and then the next would jump right into a new character. I am not sure if the print version did this or if it was just an error in my ebook. I just felt the book jumped around too much in general and since the author gave away a huge part of the mystery in the very beginning you kind of knew what was going on right from ...more
Lyndalou
A mysterious crying in the night leads search-and-rescue worker Bree Matthews and her dog Samson to an abandoned baby in the woods outside of Rock Harbor, Michigan. Against objections from her husband, Bree takes the baby girl in. Quickly she begins a search for the mother -- presumably the woman reported missing just days earlier. While teams scour the wintry forests, Bree ferrets out clues about the woman. Where is she and why did she leave the child behind; And how does that connect to Bree's ...more
Crissy
May 26, 2015 Crissy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found this book on the shelf at the library and it caught my eye. Then I realized it was not the first book in the series. OH well gonna read it anyway.
The book has a slow start but it could have just been the fact I didn't have all the back story that the author assumed I had picked up in the other books. However once I got going it then sucked me in and was very fast paced. Liked it so much I am putting some of the others from the series on my list.
Heather
While I like most of the main characters in this series, this book didn't work as well for me. The primary twist just wasn't believable to me and frustrated me. Leave this poor family alone and let them be happy! Some of the characters are shallow, selfish and foolish and I didn't have much sympathy for their consequences of their poor choices. I'm giving it 3 stars because it held my attention and I'm feeling generous.
Cindy
Feb 28, 2012 Cindy rated it it was ok
It's probably not a good idea to read the 4th book in a series first, but I wasn't aware of that fact when I started. The characters had most likely been developed in the other books so I missed out on that. That's probably why I felt like this story was choppy and jumped around too much. It was a little too unrealistic for me, too. But I enjoyed the mystery as I haven't read one in a long time.
Amy
Aug 25, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this author. her books always have the right amount of drama to make it suspenseful, heartbreaking and a little humor to keep it light. she is brilliant with wording and the fact she is a Christian author comes hrough n her writing. she doesn't ram God down your throat. Instead she makes comments throught the book about how he character is thankful to God for something, or praying to God about something. It is a well thought out story.
Dorothy Timm
Feb 04, 2014 Dorothy Timm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. I did think the ending went a little fast, like suddenly the author felt like wrapping it up. Also, there were a few references to previous books in the series (I didn't know this was a series when I got it that kind of made me wish I'd read those books. This is the second book I've read by this author, and I'd definitely be interested in reading more by her.
Mont
Jan 15, 2011 Mont rated it really liked it
This is book four in the series. I have read them all and I think each one was better than the last. Bree Mathews and her search dog Samson are my favorite characters. I really like the setting, the old town and its people, the romance and the constant suspense. The only down-side to this book was the stealing of babies.
Stephanie
Although I enjoyed all the books in the Rock Harbor Series, "Cry in the Night" is definitely one of the most intriguing ones. Without giving it away, an important person from her past who was presumed to be deceased re-enters her life in an unimaginable way! Within this one book, several mysteries/crimes are occurring keeping the reader constantly guessing.
Teresa Snyder
Aug 31, 2012 Teresa Snyder rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book! Although I'm sad this was the final book in the series, the book and ending was great. I did get a little agitated with Bree in the beginning when she was remembering Rob. Who wants Rob when you've got Kade!?! Oh, don't miss the epilogue on the website. (SIGH) What a prefect happy ever after ending!
Jen
Aug 02, 2009 Jen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of
WOW! This one is really something! I am really liking it! It moves right along, even better than Midnight Sea! Very, very good! And it was interesting to read about a different part of the country than what is normally chosen for settings in stories. I only know about the UP at all because a friend vacationed there recently, so it was fun to see the tale unfold there.
Christy
May 20, 2009 Christy rated it it was amazing
This is a book about Yoopers! If you have to ask what a yooper is, you won't fully appreciate the book! I didn't realize until well into the book that this is the 4th in the series. I am planning to read the first 3. It's so fun to read about places I have visited & even used to live in back in High School!
Keri Kolpanen
Sep 05, 2012 Keri Kolpanen rated it it was amazing
Having always lived here in Michigan, I enjoyed reading this book which was set in the UP.
Colleen, grabs your attention right away. It's an easy read, and keeps you guessing, will tug at your heart too.
I started this book late yesterday afternoon & finished tonight...might just be a record for me!
Christina
Jun 26, 2010 Christina rated it really liked it
I just started this book and i cannot put it down! its a mystery and a very good one. It starts with Bree Matthews and her family living in Michigan. When they find this little baby girl in the woods one cold winter night, they wonder if it has anything to do with the dissaperience of a women a few days ago. This books has suspense, mystery, wonder, and action all wrapped up in one novel!
Charlene
I really liked this book! I was a little confused for a minute regarding character relationships, but by the end I had it all figured out and the mystery was convoluted and edge of your seat good. I loved the small town closeness, reminded me of where my Dad was from. I will be looking for her other Rock Harbor Mysteries to read in the future.
Elaine
Feb 25, 2014 Elaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of my favorites! I wasn't sure about the storyline but it all worked, I think. I really enjoyed reading about winter and the blizzard. And now, unfortunately, I am finished with the Rock Harbor series. Will there be more? I hope so!
Lisa Paul
Oct 11, 2010 Lisa Paul rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book of Colleen Coble's. If you ever read it you will be hooked for more of her books. This book keeps you wanting for more and makes you never want to stop at each chapter. Go ahead get it and see for yourself. One awesome author.
Peggy
Oct 05, 2009 Peggy rated it it was ok
Mystery. Story of woman who hears baby crying in the snow. Too many minor characters and too many events to make the story plausable, much less easy to follow. I had a hard time getting involved in the story.
Camille Robison
Sep 24, 2009 Camille Robison rated it liked it
Recommended to Camille by: Grandma Tonia
This book was just ok for me. I think maybe I missed some of the inside stories having not read all of the books in the series. The big events in the book seemed to happen very close together and the characters reacted very nonchalantly.
  • Spitfire Sweetheart (Four Weddings and a Kiss)
  • Breaker's Reef (Cape Refuge, #4)
  • Amber Morn (Kanner Lake Series, #4)
  • A Quarter for a Kiss (The Million Dollar Mysteries, #4)
  • True Valor (Uncommon Heroes #2)
  • Falcon (Quiet Professionals #3)
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.
More about Colleen Coble...

Rock Harbor (6 books)
  • Without a Trace (Rock Harbor Series #1)
  • Beyond a Doubt (Rock Harbor Series #2)
  • Into the Deep (Rock Harbor Series #3)
  • Abomination (Rock Harbor Series #4)
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)