Start by marking “Biblical Parenting” as Want to Read:
Biblical Parenting

Biblical Parenting

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Pastor Crystal Lutton has worked extensively with children and has seen, firsthand, the phenomenal results of Grace-Based Discipline. This tried-and-true method of raising children can be implemented at any age with success. Based on biblical teachings, GBD is a nurturing, God-centered approach to parenting your child from birth to adulthood.

This carefully researched meth

Published March 1st 2002 by Amer Book Pub

To ask other readers questions about Biblical Parenting, please sign up.

Crystal
they don't have an "I wrote" option for reviews.

I wrote this when my 9yo was a baby and I still parent this way--all 5 of my children ages 11.5 to my 4yo twins. I'm currently working on a rewrite to update the book and add in things I've learned in the last 5 years. I suspect I'll like it even more :)
Dana Joubert
Revisions are necessary to Lutton’s book if she wants to be a respected by anyone. The most important of these is citing others for their work. It is terrible to see plagiarism so blatantly ignored.
As a Christian and an Early Childhood educator, I was excited to read a book that claimed to have a handle on both. Unfortunately, Biblical Parenting by Crystal Lutton was a disappointment.
In addition to the poor understanding of Hebrew and the unclear writing, I was appalled at the lack of citation w
Darci
fantastic book. this is how God intended parents to raise their children. I appreciate her study of the Word and the way she delivers her message. she's easy to read and understand.
Heather
This is a great book to really shake up how you view not only your relationship with your children, but to Christ, The Church, and your family.
Sarahtar
Sound Christian principles, straight from the Bible, nonpunitive. What more could you ask for?
Erin
One if my favorite parenting books. Not the top, but one I kept.
Lisa Wuertz
I think there were some good things in this book, but I am starting to feel like all the parenting books say one of two things: 1) Spanking is terrible and you should never do it if you want good children that love God and others and are not abusive parents when they grow ip. Instead you should reason with them and remain calm. 2) God tells us to spank, it's in the Bible. If you want kids that are good and love God you have to spank them so they learn.

This book falls into the first category.
Amy Kannel
Some good stuff here, but also some significant worldview differences that made me wrinkle my nose at the advice/perspectives. Helpful for me in clarifying my thinking, but I'm not sure I'd necessarily recommend it widely.
aihley
Really painful to read, honestly. Couldn't get past the bad writing and total lack of editing. Getting rid of my copy asap.
Lisa Kuzara
Lisa Kuzara marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Trina
Trina marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Tric
Tric marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Ben Johnson
Ben Johnson marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Alissa Juan
Alissa Juan marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Criston
Criston marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Amanda Witten
Amanda Witten marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2013
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2013
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013