Start by marking “Murder in Scorpio (Elizabeth Chase Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Murder in Scorpio (Elizabeth Chase Mystery #1)

Murder in Scorpio (Elizabeth Chase #1)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  168 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Published November 1st 1995 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Murder in Scorpio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder in Scorpio

C.
This was a fun discovery! I’ve seen Martha C. Lawrence’s novels and feel rewarded by how good this is. We have a grown lady of thirty-five, a cat for whom she shows great care, and she touches on the mystical in a believable fashion. I enjoy full-blown paranormal fare but this heroine’s demonstrations; gut feelings and astute readings, are logical and tame enough to reflect their real life workings. Astrology only appears near the end and is not a subject I know but I’ve read that it is thousand ...more
Lora
Yea! I read this in less than four hours. It's silly and mysterious and wonderfully light. In other words, just what I needed!

This is series mystery fiction at it's best. The investigator in this series is Elizabeth Chase, a psychic working with the police to figure out if a double car accident in San Diego county was actually a planned event. She's the usual spunky girl detective a la Kinsey Millhone, only less thoroughly fleshed out as a character. Then again, Kinsey's been around for almost 2
Cherry Williams
Another underrepresented series on Kindle omitting the best books naturally. Protagonist Elizabeth Chase, private eye and parapsycholist, helps police with unsolved crimes. Medium meets Sue Grafton, leavened with Victoria Laurie and accented by Tony Hillerman's mystical elements. These books are hard hitting, sometimes horrific without being graphic, superbly well written, with wonderful touches of the human heart, sad and satisfying by turns.
Susan
I love the main character in this story. Her sense of humor (smiles for me throughout) and extrasensory abilities leaves me wanting to "follow" her on more investigating adventures. She's a women after my own heart who... "carts around a handbag the size of carry-on luggage". That way if she's ever stuck waiting in line she can pull out a book or two she has stashed inside and "fall into the wonderful worlds created by authors."

I looked the author up online and noticed she hasn't written anythin
Bevjirwin
stupid book. just silly ,a romance thrown in for no good reason. the murder plot and guilty were obvious-just a waste of time. there are good cozy writers.i like to read one every now and then for a break from more heavy authors. lawrence doesn't fall into that group
Alisa
I wish this series were better known. Introducing psychic abilities into the PI genre is very risky, and the author pulls it off with aplomb. The protagonist, a sometimes psychic Ph.D, is likable and surprisingly down-to-earth.
Diana
I found it an enjoyable change as the hero/detective is psychic and a regular person her gifts don't come on demand but when they are ready and she is fallible so a nice change
Evie Woolmore
I was sorry she stopped writing these, because I liked the psychic angle very much and thought she handled it well. Good crime fiction, well-constructed, with a clever twist.
Trish
Quite a decent psychic detective story. I liked the two main characters and the psychic bit was well done, without being over done. Will pick up more of the series.
Jo
Great book and looking forward to reading the next in the series!
Debbie
This was a great mystery..I loved the characters. This was a quick read and I think I am going to try the next book in the series.
Melissa
This is my second reading of this book - this first was years ago. I enjoyed it enough to look for another installment.
Vicki
stumbled on this series in the mystery section at the library, love the characters and can't wait to read the series!
Sharon Beckas
Enjoy her style - light reading. Quick reads.
Cat Zornes
She is a wonderful mystery writer
Mary
My rating 4.5 stars =)
Mary
My rating 4.5 stars! =)
Jency
Jency marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Harm None (A Rowan Gant Investigation #1)
  • Restless Spirit (Sam Casey Mystery, #3)
  • Bell, Book, and Murder: The Bast Mysteries
  • Kaleidoscope
  • The Secret Portrait (A Jean Fairbairn/Alasdair Cameron Mystery #1)
  • Maigret's Revolver
  • All the Wrong Moves (Samantha Spade #1)
  • Rogue Oracle (Oracle, #2)
  • Decorated To Death (Simon Kirby-Jones Mystery #3)
  • Of Grave Concern (An Ophelia Wylde Paranormal Mystery, #1)
  • The Burning Time
  • A Ghost of a Chance (A Shannon Delaney Paranormal Mystery #1)
  • Written in the Stars (Circle of Three, #12)
  • Nine Gates (Breaking the Wall, #2)
  • Katapult (Kat Colorado, #2)
  • Angel Condemned (Beaufort & Company Mystery, #5)
Martha C. Lawrence has worked as a book editor, a professional astrologer, and a business writer. She is the creator of 'Dr. Elizabeth Chase', P.I. and parapsychologist in San Diego, California.
More about Martha C. Lawrence...

Elizabeth Chase (5 books)
  • The Cold Heart of Capricorn (Elizabeth Chase, #2)
  • Aquarius Descending (Elizabeth Chase, #3)
  • Pisces Rising (Elizabeth Chase, #4)
  • Ashes of Aries (Elizabeth Chase, #5)
The Cold Heart of Capricorn (Elizabeth Chase, #2) Aquarius Descending (Elizabeth Chase, #3) Ashes of Aries (Elizabeth Chase, #5) Pisces Rising (Elizabeth Chase, #4) Nevada Barr Presents Malice Domestic (Malice Domestic, #10)