Start by marking “A Cat on the Bus (Alice Nestleton Mystery #21)” as Want to Read:
A Cat on the Bus (Alice Nestleton Mystery #21)

A Cat on the Bus (Alice Nestleton Mystery #21)

On a crosstown bus, Alice finds herself the witness to a senseless multiple homicide, perpetrated by a bizarre killer who leaves her cat behind.
Published December 3rd 2002 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about A Cat on the Bus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cat on the Bus

Aug 28, 2016 Susan rated it it was ok
Actress Alice Nestleton is on a bus when a woman seemingly randomly shoots several passengers. Then she's asked by a branch of the New York Police Department, with whom she's worked before, to link this horrible shooting to what might have been an aborted shooting on a bus that occurred years earlier. There's a lot of turmoil in Alice's life, too, with a new job, a new beau, and success finally on the horizon. I stopped reading this series a few years ago after a number of baroque plots, and Ali ...more
Nd
Aug 08, 2016 Nd rated it it was ok
A Cat on the Bus was given to me by a friend for a light, quick something to read during a busy week. I was not aware of Adamson's Alice Nestleton series and was surprised at the dozens of mysteries in it. However, if this is representative of previous books, I don't think I've missed anything. The goofy Alice inspires no empathy, nor was it possible to see her through the eyes of any of the other characters. This was just kind of a disjointed, undeveloped batch of characters backed by a slightl ...more
Sharla
Mar 03, 2016 Sharla rated it liked it
The last Alice Nestleton mystery ends the series on a satisfactory personal note for Alice. The mystery and plot are a bit bizarre and erratic but I can live with that.
Xanthi
Dec 31, 2011 Xanthi rated it did not like it
This is the second book in this series that I have now read. The first was mediocre. This one was less than that. The characters were pretty two dimensional, bordering on stereotypical. The plot flimsy, and nonsensical in places. Thankfully, this book was a brief one.
Phillis
Mar 03, 2011 Phillis rated it really liked it
This is the last in the Alice Nestleton series. I'm not sure if the author was trying to end the series by having Alice make some "plans". If he did, the "plans" are ok, if not I'd like to see more Alice. I am not thinking that is going to happen. Too bad.
Mar 04, 2013 Susan rated it it was ok
I enjoy the series just because I like cats and mysteries. These aren't the best mysteries ever but they entertain. And since I just realized I've read it before and wasn't crazy about it I guess that proves my point.
Fishercat
Sort of like Cheezits.
Zsa Zsa
Zsa Zsa marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Tammy Goldthorpe
Tammy Goldthorpe marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Andrea Harris
Andrea Harris marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Skittles
Skittles marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Johanne
Johanne rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Marian Mertes
Marian Mertes rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Donna47
Donna47 marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Jcl Cole
Jcl Cole rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Lurisa
Lurisa marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Khd
Khd added it
Nov 21, 2015
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015
Gwen
Gwen added it
Oct 12, 2015
Irena
Irena marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Lydia Adamson is the pen name for Franklin B. King who is an author, free-lance writer and copywriter. In addition to the Alice Nestleton series, he is the author of the Deirdre Quinn Nightingale and Lucy Wayles series. He lives in New York City and also wrote under the name 'Frank King'.
More about Lydia Adamson...

Alice Nestleton Mystery (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • A Cat in the Manger (Alice Nestleton Mystery #1)
  • A Cat of a Different Color (Alice Nestleton Mystery #2)
  • A Cat Tells Two Tales
  • A Cat in Wolf's Clothing (Alice Nestleton Mystery #3)
  • A Cat in the Wings (Alice Nestleton Mystery, Book 4)
  • A Cat By Any Other Name (Alice Nestleton, #5)
  • A Cat with a Fiddle (Alice Nestleton Mystery, Book 6)
  • A Cat in a Glass House (Alice Nestleton Mystery, 7)
  • A Cat with No Regrets (Alice Nestleton Mystery, Book 8)
  • A Cat on the Cutting Edge (Alice Nestleton Mystery #9)