The Left-Hander's Handbook

The Left-Hander's Handbook

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Hardcover: 408 pages
Publisher: Mjf Books (August 1997)
Published August 1st 1997 by Mjf Books (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Left-Hander's Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Left-Hander's Handbook

Bruce
When you bring together four books and combine them into one, with the same annoying attitudes and prejudices, the book begins to wear. I don't appreciate statements such as "If you are left-handed, this book is dedicated to you. If you aren't, eat your heart out." Inflammatory statements like right handers are dull is insulting to say the least. Left-handers do not corner the market on creativity. Everyone uses both parts of the brain, not just left-handers. Right-handed people are creative too...more
Adrienne
Funny, innovative and informative. Gives those of us who were forced to be right handed a lot to think about. I still do a majority of things left handed to start with and then switch to right when other people notice.
Cheka pierce
Read this book in one day. I tell you what, I've gain so much respect for LeftHanders. My brother is one and growing up I thought he was special and he is special in a GREAT kind of way.
Josh Kuhn-kraemer
Fantastic toilet read for anyone of the advanced dexterity. Fun, informative, and historical.
Susan Burden
Definitely some dated theories on left-handedness, but amusing. Cute, quick read.
Roxy
There was some very interesting information and perspective in this book. I was disappointed though because I was hoping it would offer some assistance. The 3rd section of the book implies it will be about and possibly provide some assistance for parents if kids who are left handed. It does no such thing. I don't even see why they called it Left-handed kids .
Kelsey
A small paragraph on every page with lots of pictures making this book a good quick read! Enjoyed learning about celebrities who are left handed and qualities that make up left handed people! Overall it repeated a lot of the same facts over and over which became a drag.
Jess
Jun 15, 2009 Jess rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: lefties
Multiple books rolled into one I enjoyed hearing all of the history and idiosyncrasies common to left handed people like myself. It was fun and entertaining but it is not structured like a novel but more like a 'gift book.'
Frankie Reeves
A bit of fun that makes you think about all the right-handedness that you take for granted (no wonder I'm so clumsy!) It also, crucially and frequently, reminds you of the endless advantages of being a left-hander ^_^
Kimberly
Dec 26, 2011 Kimberly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lefties
This has four books in one and I enjoyed The Left-Handed Book and The Natural Superiority of The Left-Hander the most. Great for anyone who is left handed, and right minded :)
Timmy

One of my favorite books! So many interesting facts and famous southpaws I never knew about. An inspiration to all those who rock their brain's right hemisphere!
Teri
My daughter and husband are left handed, so when we saw this at the store, we had to buy it. Really funny book. Quick read with some crazy facts for lefties.
Katie
Got it for a birthday gift it was excelent
Kasha
Kasha added it
Aug 16, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Adeeba
Adeeba is currently reading it
Jun 23, 2014
Wendy
Wendy added it
Jun 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Natural Superiority of the Left-Hander A Rage for Glory: The Life of Commodore Stephen Decatur, USN Monitor: The Story of the Revolutionary Ship and the Man Whose Invention Changed the Course of History Meet Martin Luther King, Jr. Meet Christopher Columbus