Start by marking “The Left-Hander's Handbook” as Want to Read:
The Left-Hander's Handbook

The Left-Hander's Handbook

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  99 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Hardcover: 408 pages
Publisher: Mjf Books (August 1997)
Published August 1st 1997 by Mjf Books (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Left-Hander's Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Left-Hander's Handbook

Joshua R
Jan 06, 2016 Joshua R rated it really liked it
Left Handed all the way!
Tina
Oct 26, 2014 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
It was a quick read. Loved the little sketches found throughout the book(s). Its 4 books in one. Vintage. I would enjoy the same book if it was loaded with famous ppl that I am more familiar with. I shared some passages with my hubby (a righty) & he enjoyed them also.
Adrienne
May 31, 2014 Adrienne rated it liked it
Funny, innovative and informative. Gives those of us who were forced to be right handed a lot to think about. I still do a majority of things left handed to start with and then switch to right when other people notice.
Karina
Apr 05, 2015 Karina rated it really liked it
Read it in one sitting! Lots of amusing information! I want to read it to my left handed son and husband! We right hander's have made it hard for our leftie friends. They can't play polo or saxophone!

Cheka pierce
Mar 08, 2014 Cheka pierce rated it really liked it
Read this book in one day. I tell you what, I've gain so much respect for LeftHanders. My brother is one and growing up I thought he was special and he is special in a GREAT kind of way.
Heidi Byerly
Dec 22, 2014 Heidi Byerly rated it really liked it
This was a really fun and witty book with some really interesting facts about left handed people.
Josh Kuhn-kraemer
Apr 21, 2014 Josh Kuhn-kraemer rated it it was amazing
Fantastic toilet read for anyone of the advanced dexterity. Fun, informative, and historical.
Gabriel Salter
A quirky book about the many perils and struggles of being left-handed.
Susan Burden
Jun 06, 2014 Susan Burden rated it liked it
Definitely some dated theories on left-handedness, but amusing. Cute, quick read.
Roxy
There was some very interesting information and perspective in this book. I was disappointed though because I was hoping it would offer some assistance. The 3rd section of the book implies it will be about and possibly provide some assistance for parents if kids who are left handed. It does no such thing. I don't even see why they called it Left-handed kids .
Kelsey
Jul 28, 2014 Kelsey rated it liked it
A small paragraph on every page with lots of pictures making this book a good quick read! Enjoyed learning about celebrities who are left handed and qualities that make up left handed people! Overall it repeated a lot of the same facts over and over which became a drag.
Jess
Jun 15, 2009 Jess rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: lefties
Multiple books rolled into one I enjoyed hearing all of the history and idiosyncrasies common to left handed people like myself. It was fun and entertaining but it is not structured like a novel but more like a 'gift book.'
Frankie Reeves
Jul 24, 2013 Frankie Reeves rated it liked it
A bit of fun that makes you think about all the right-handedness that you take for granted (no wonder I'm so clumsy!) It also, crucially and frequently, reminds you of the endless advantages of being a left-hander ^_^
Kimberly
Dec 26, 2011 Kimberly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Lefties
This has four books in one and I enjoyed The Left-Handed Book and The Natural Superiority of The Left-Hander the most. Great for anyone who is left handed, and right minded :)
Timmy
Jun 18, 2012 Timmy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

One of my favorite books! So many interesting facts and famous southpaws I never knew about. An inspiration to all those who rock their brain's right hemisphere!
Teri
Jul 02, 2013 Teri rated it really liked it
My daughter and husband are left handed, so when we saw this at the store, we had to buy it. Really funny book. Quick read with some crazy facts for lefties.
Katie
Jul 09, 2013 Katie rated it it was amazing
Got it for a birthday gift it was excelent
Alisha Pena
Alisha Pena rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Jenny
Jenny added it
Jan 23, 2016
Janell
Janell added it
Jan 16, 2016
Courtney Field
Courtney Field rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Jake Simmonds
Jake Simmonds rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Aidan Seymour
Aidan Seymour rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2015
Dorinda Mosby
Dorinda Mosby marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Lyn Clarke
Lyn Clarke marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015