Start by marking “Halloween Hoots and Howls” as Want to Read:
Halloween Hoots and Howls

Halloween Hoots and Howls

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A Frankenstein who shops at the grocery store. A ghost who’s afraid of ghosts. A witch with a turbo broomstick. These are just a few of the quirky ghouls and goblins children will meet in this playful picture book brimming with holiday cheer.
Joan Horton’s silly, spooky poems and JoAnn Adinolfi’s whimsical illustrations capture the spirit and excitement trick-or-treaters e
Published August 19th 2008 by Square Fish (first published October 15th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Halloween Hoots and Howls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Halloween Hoots and Howls

Allie
This is another great seasonal poetry book. The students would really enjoy reading all the fun and spooky poems. I would use this for their fluency during fall time. Not all of the poems are Halloween related, for those students who do not celebrate Halloween. I would send a copy of a poem home with each student on Monday and then on Friday the students can preform the poem for the whole class. I would choose specific poems for mini lessons with my students such as rhyming, syllables and phrasi ...more
Dolly
Nov 01, 2014 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a humorous collection of Halloween-themed poems - they are short, rhyming, and fun to read aloud. The illustrations are cartoonish and colorful. We enjoyed reading them together, and we chucked at the epitaphs on the gravestones on the endpapers.
Eden
Ghosts, skeletons, Frankenstein and more in this silly book of Halloween poetry.

I enjoyed the silly and fun poems in this book along with the colorful illustrations. This is a perfect for children to read for Halloween that isn't scary.
Jackie
Halloween Hoots and Howls is a collection of not-too-scary halloween stories for young people. Funny, colorful illustrations accompany each poem.

Used for "Fall for Pumpkins" storytime- October, 2009.
Liza Gilbert
Dull rhyming text and entirely too bland illustrations leave this book flat.
Katie Casey
A collection of silly Halloween rhymes.
Monique Mcdonald
Holloween book
Blanca Alcaraz
Blanca Alcaraz marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2013
Megan
Megan added it
Mar 26, 2011
Annie
Annie added it
Nov 02, 2010
Miss Melissa
Miss Melissa marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2010
Working Mummies Math Attack! Hippopotamus Stew and Other Silly Animal Poems I Brought My Rat For Show and Tell Divorced: 21 Days To Reclaiming Your Life: (An Emotional Freedom Technique & Thought Field Therapy Approach - EFT/TFT)