Forever Love

Forever Love

4.89 of 5 stars 4.89  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  12 reviews
About the book: Forever Love is a gentle, yet emotional story depicting the strength of the loving bond between a father and his child. Through honest and age-appropriate discussions, the dad describes his disease and his resolve to fight the cancer that has invaded his body. Together, the child and the father discuss physical changes, dreams, and the FOREVER LOVE that exi...more
Published August 27th 2008 by Llumina Press

Carol

Having been one of the fortunate people to receive this book in the Goodreads Giveaway Program, I am pleased to report that this is a beautifully written and illustrated story for families to read to children who have to face the challenges of a terminal illness of a parent. Although it uses a father as the one with the illness, it could be adapted to help a child facing the death of any friend or relative. It addresses happy times, present struggles, and loving advice for the future. I shared t...more
Nicole Mavrides
This is one of the best books for children who are dealing with a parent who is suffering or who suffered from cancer. The story is well written and geared for children and adults alike. In addition, the illustrations are amazing and gender neutral, which is important because it can be used for all ages and sexes. As a psychiatrist - I plan to use this book in my practice and encourage other psychiatrists to pick up this book and use it with their patients. All in all, this is a wonderful first...more
Jen
I actually one this book as a Goodreads giveaway...and thought it was such a beautiful book for children dealing with cancer in a family member. Written from the point of view of a child whose father has cancer...I was quite impressed by the writing, as well as the illustrations in this book. Speaking from the point of view of a daughter who lost her father to cancer, it definitely touched me deeply...I plan to donate it to an organization in town who works with grieving kids. Really an extraord...more
Sunbri
Dec 24, 2008 Sunbri rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents or caregivers
This book approaches a difficult topic with a gentleness that will not frighten young children when discussing a serious illness in a parent. The book focuses on the love between the parent and child and not the disease itself. The illustrations are beautifully done in a manner that allows any child to see themselves in the book. I would recommend this book as a resource for parents/adults needing to explain illness and death to a young child.
Cjc8229
This is an excellent book with gorgeous illustrations. It is an incredible tool to help children who have a loved one afflicted with cancer. As a Family Medicine doctor, I plan to recommend this book to my families in this unfortunate situation. It is great for all ages and either gender.
Alisha
I really enjoyed this book. It was not what I expected at all. It's more of a wordy picture book than a novel or even a short story. This book was written from a simplistic, child-like point of view. It was very emotional, I was on the verge of tears halfway through its 6 pages.
Amanda
Nov 25, 2008 Amanda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2008
A book of verse written about how adults inform children of cancer. The illustrations were great and the story was very emotional. This is something that should be read by children and parents alike when cancer strikes.
Donna
Oct 15, 2008 Donna added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The book helps parents help children understand what cancer is and how it affects the body. It also reinforces to the child that love is foever in our hearts and souls.
Diana
Wonderful reading for any family experiencing the loss of cancer. Written at a level that is perfect for children and the illustrations are beautiful.
Ashley
This book is wonderful. It is a gentle way of approaching the issue of death with young children. I plan to keep this book and use it when I am a teacher. :)
Rgamblin
This is a great book for children who have lost a parent. I wouldn't recommend for a child who has a sick parent that might recover.
Dara
This book is beautiful. I read it with tears in my eyes and love in my heart. The illustrations are as beautiful as the story.
Mohmad
Mohmad added it
Nov 25, 2010
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2008
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2008
Nichole Ivie
Nichole Ivie marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2008
Jennifer Defoy
Jennifer Defoy marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2008
Margaret the Magnificent Moves & Grooves Room for One More Margaret the Magnificent Magical Moments Curriculum Guide