Start by marking “Mandie and the Ghost Bandits (Mandie, #3)” as Want to Read:
Mandie and the Ghost Bandits (Mandie, #3)

Mandie and the Ghost Bandits (Mandie #3)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  1,246 ratings  ·  19 reviews
A gold shipment, a train wreck on a moonlit night, and a gang of robbers disguised as "ghosts" are all part of this suspense-filled adventure! Ages 8-13.
Published July 1st 1984 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Mandie and the Ghost Bandits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mandie and the Ghost Bandits

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish by Douglas AdamsThe Hunt for Red October by Tom ClancyThe Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan KunderaNeuromancer by William GibsonEmpire of the Sun by J.G. Ballard
Best Books of 1984
28th out of 108 books — 60 voters
One for the Money by Janet EvanovichNaked in Death by J.D. RobbGlory in Death by J.D. RobbImmortal in Death by J.D. RobbTwo for the Dough by Janet Evanovich
Kick ass female sleuths!
234th out of 321 books — 107 voters

More lists with this book...

V. Gingerich
I admit it: I am reviewing these books years after reading them. However, do not even suggest that I'm no longer qualified, that too many years have passed to remember. My battered and faded copies of these books testify to how many times I read them growing up and plots and entire passages are seared in my memory forever.

Snowball always ran away, Mandie always got in trouble, Uncle Ned always rescued her, and Joe and Tommy bristled at each other. I myself prefered Joe, but Tommy's cosmopolitan
Johnny Bennett
This one wasn't as great as the first two, but just barely. Mandie starts to develop as a character and the interactions between her and her friends become more real. The adventure is fun and carries the plot along at a decent pace.

It might affront some with the intermingling of religion into the book, to the point it almost becomes a plot crutch, but it isn't horribly aggressive or egregious. Probably 2nd to 6th grader girls are the target audience and I see no reason why this wouldn't appeal
Twyla
Kathleen Joy
I did not like this book as much as the other two previous books. It was boring. I was disappointed when they all got captured again in the beginning like they did in the second book. The rest of the book they were just searching for the gold, again. I was hoping that they would do something new, but they did not so it took me a little longer to get through this book.
Rachel
The Mandie books are fun Christian mysteries for children, but I still love reading them. Even though she doesn't age very quickly and seems to get far too many breaks from school during the year, she's a lot of fun.
Dexter
A good Christian read for younger readers (though many situations are highly improbable). It would probably not be my first choice if I was still that age, but it's still pretty good.
Lori
A great series of books for children/young adults. Often recommended for girls, because the main protagonist is female, these books could still be a good read for boys, too.
Meadow
Robbers dressed like ghost rob the train mandie is on, or are they ghosts?

Very good Mandie Mystery, seams like the first few are the best.
Robyn
I liked the Mandy books when I read them in junior high & high school, but I don't remember all the individual stories.
Taliah
I love these books and I'm so going to read the whole series! Everyone should read these books!
Amanda
Love the books. I just wish that there were ebooks so I could read them on here!
Grace
I loved it when I was 11. I don't know about it now.
Felicia
Um...no criticism. Really good.
Martina Scott
it gave ma a chill!!!lol
Clia
Jan 21, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: j-mystery
JMAR4-Lep
Johnette
Johnette marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Rebeccadanielle
Rebeccadanielle marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Alyssa Clapp
Alyssa Clapp marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
  • Still More Stories from Grandma's Attic (Grandma's Attic, #3)
  • The Secret of the Desert Stone (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #5)
  • The Hidden Message (Adventures of the Northwoods #2)
  • The Woodshed Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #7)
  • The Hidden Jewel
  • Samantha Saves the Day: A Summer Story (American Girls: Samantha, #5)

Lois Gladys Leppard was the ever-popular and prolific writer of Mandie Books. She was also a professional singer, actress, and playwright. Lois studied at the New York School of Music and the Voice Beautiful Institute in New York under Glenn Morris Starkie. Additionally, she and her two sisters, Sibyl and Louise, sang professionally as the Larke Sisters and appeared in the operetta Bohemian Girl
More about Lois Gladys Leppard...

Mandie (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • Mandie and the Secret Tunnel (Mandie, #1)
  • Mandie and the Cherokee Legend (Mandie, #2)
  • Mandie and the Forbidden Attic (Mandie Books, #4)
  • Mandie and the Trunk's Secret (Mandie Books, #5)
  • Mandie and the Medicine Man (Mandie Books, #6)
  • Mandie and the Charleston Phantom (Mandie Books, #7)
  • Mandie and the Abandoned Mine (Mandie Books, #8)
  • Mandie and the Hidden Treasure (Mandie Books, #9)
  • Mandie and the Mysterious Bells (Mandie Books, 10)
  • Mandie and the Holiday Surprise (Mandie Books, 11)
Mandie and the Secret Tunnel (Mandie, #1) Mandie and the Cherokee Legend (Mandie, #2) Mandie and the Forbidden Attic (Mandie Books, #4) Mandie and the Trunk's Secret (Mandie Books, #5) Mandie and the Hidden Treasure (Mandie Books, #9)