Start by marking “Mandie and the Ghost Bandits (Mandie, #3)” as Want to Read:
Mandie and the Ghost Bandits (Mandie, #3)

Mandie and the Ghost Bandits (Mandie #3)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,456 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
A gold shipment, a train wreck on a moonlit night, and a gang of robbers disguised as "ghosts" are all part of this suspense-filled adventure! Ages 8-13.
Published July 1st 1984 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Mandie and the Ghost Bandits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mandie and the Ghost Bandits

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish by Douglas AdamsThe Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan KunderaThe Hunt for Red October by Tom ClancyNeuromancer by William GibsonEmpire of the Sun by J.G. Ballard
Best Books of 1984
30th out of 111 books — 69 voters
One for the Money by Janet EvanovichNaked in Death by J.D. RobbGlory in Death by J.D. RobbTwo for the Dough by Janet EvanovichImmortal in Death by J.D. Robb
Kick ass female sleuths!
263rd out of 341 books — 132 voters

More lists with this book...

Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“A gold shipment, a train wreck on a moonlit night, and a gang of robbers disguised as "ghosts" are all part of this suspense-filled adventure!
Will Mandie and her friends be able to unravel the mystery of the missing gold?
Join Mandie and her friends on another exciting adventure!”

Series: Book #3 in “Mandie” series. (Read #1’s review Here! Read #2’s review Here!) {There also is the “Young Mandie Mystery” series, (Book #1 review Here and Book #2 review Here!) but they do not conn
V. Gingerich
I admit it: I am reviewing these books years after reading them. However, do not even suggest that I'm no longer qualified, that too many years have passed to remember. My battered and faded copies of these books testify to how many times I read them growing up and plots and entire passages are seared in my memory forever.

Snowball always ran away, Mandie always got in trouble, Uncle Ned always rescued her, and Joe and Tommy bristled at each other. I myself prefered Joe, but Tommy's cosmopolitan
Leta Blake
Mar 05, 2015 Leta Blake rated it really liked it
My 9yo says, "It got interesting after the first few chapters."
Esther
Jan 13, 2016 Esther rated it it was ok
I read this book at the request of a little girl who wanted me to read it so we can talk about it. The main character believes in prayer. The author stretches reality to get children involved in solving a mystery about stolen and missing gold.
Superreader200
Apr 08, 2015 Superreader200 rated it it was amazing
I love this book I like it when the gold cart gets lose and the gold gets stolen. It is sad though when Uncle Ned get sick, I wish I could jump inside the book and follow along!!
Michelle
Great examples of trusting in the Lord for all our needs. Also, to be there for our family and friends and to share our burdens and uplift each other.
Jerry
May 17, 2015 Jerry rated it liked it
Another fun episode.
Johnny Bennett
Dec 09, 2014 Johnny Bennett rated it liked it
This one wasn't as great as the first two, but just barely. Mandie starts to develop as a character and the interactions between her and her friends become more real. The adventure is fun and carries the plot along at a decent pace.

It might affront some with the intermingling of religion into the book, to the point it almost becomes a plot crutch, but it isn't horribly aggressive or egregious. Probably 2nd to 6th grader girls are the target audience and I see no reason why this wouldn't appeal
Pablo
May 07, 2014 Pablo rated it it was amazing
awesome
Twyla
Oct 08, 2014 Twyla rated it it was amazing
Kathleen Joy
Sep 08, 2013 Kathleen Joy rated it liked it
I did not like this book as much as the other two previous books. It was boring. I was disappointed when they all got captured again in the beginning like they did in the second book. The rest of the book they were just searching for the gold, again. I was hoping that they would do something new, but they did not so it took me a little longer to get through this book.
Rachel
Jul 29, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
The Mandie books are fun Christian mysteries for children, but I still love reading them. Even though she doesn't age very quickly and seems to get far too many breaks from school during the year, she's a lot of fun.
Dexter
Feb 16, 2012 Dexter rated it liked it
A good Christian read for younger readers (though many situations are highly improbable). It would probably not be my first choice if I was still that age, but it's still pretty good.
Lori
Oct 12, 2011 Lori rated it liked it
A great series of books for children/young adults. Often recommended for girls, because the main protagonist is female, these books could still be a good read for boys, too.
Meadow Frisbie
Dec 07, 2009 Meadow Frisbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Robbers dressed like ghost rob the train mandie is on, or are they ghosts?

Very good Mandie Mystery, seams like the first few are the best.
Robyn
Jul 26, 2012 Robyn rated it it was ok
I liked the Mandy books when I read them in junior high & high school, but I don't remember all the individual stories.
Taliah
Nov 08, 2008 Taliah rated it it was amazing
I love these books and I'm so going to read the whole series! Everyone should read these books!
Amanda
Jul 01, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Love the books. I just wish that there were ebooks so I could read them on here!
Grace
May 16, 2008 Grace rated it really liked it
I loved it when I was 11. I don't know about it now.
Felicia
Dec 19, 2010 Felicia rated it it was amazing
Um...no criticism. Really good.
Martina Scott
it gave ma a chill!!!lol
Clia
Jan 21, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: j-mystery
JMAR4-Lep
Summer Mason-Fitzhugh
Summer Mason-Fitzhugh marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Kristin
Kristin is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2016
Amiel
Amiel added it
Jun 20, 2016
  • Still More Stories from Grandma's Attic (Grandma's Attic, #3)
  • The Hidden Message (Adventures of the Northwoods #2)
  • The Secret of the Desert Stone (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #5)
  • The Woodshed Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #7)
  • Circle of Fire (American Girl History Mysteries, #14)
  • Elizabeth Gail and the Mystery at the Johnson Farm

Lois Gladys Leppard was the ever-popular and prolific writer of Mandie Books. She was also a professional singer, actress, and playwright. Lois studied at the New York School of Music and the Voice Beautiful Institute in New York under Glenn Morris Starkie. Additionally, she and her two sisters, Sibyl and Louise, sang professionally as the Larke Sisters and appeared in the operetta Bohemian Girl
More about Lois Gladys Leppard...

Mandie (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • Mandie and the Secret Tunnel (Mandie, #1)
  • Mandie and the Cherokee Legend (Mandie, #2)
  • Mandie and the Forbidden Attic (Mandie Books, #4)
  • Mandie and the Trunk's Secret (Mandie Books, #5)
  • Mandie and the Medicine Man (Mandie Books, #6)
  • Mandie and the Charleston Phantom (Mandie Books, #7)
  • Mandie and the Abandoned Mine (Mandie Books, #8)
  • Mandie and the Hidden Treasure (Mandie, #9)
  • Mandie and the Mysterious Bells (Mandie #10)
  • Mandie and the Holiday Surprise (Mandie Books, 11)