Cathy's Ring (Cathy Vickers Trilogy, #3)

Cathy's Ring (Cathy Vickers Trilogy #3)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  704 ratings  ·  57 reviews
Cathy cannot manage to find more than a few days to relax in her hectic (and mortal) life—she barely has time to put the mystery surrounding her father to rest before she finds herself targeted by a group of Ancestor Lu’s professional killers!Recognizing she is a serious threat to everyone in her life, Cathy makes plans to leave town. But her friends, Emma, Pete, Victor, a...more
Published May 5th 2009 by Running Press Kids

Emily Duncan
Have i ever mentioned that i completely adore these books!? i have not?! Well, let me start with saying that right now!!
I liked this one way more than the second, it was funnier and the artwork was better on this one, it was more like the first.
First off, Emma and Cathy are my favorite characters ever. Usually i like one of the foils more than the main narrator, especially when the books is in first person. But, i love Cathy so-o-o much!!!
She's so very hilarious, i love her voice in the story....more
The Readings of a Busy Mom Riaz
www.thereadingsofabusymom.blogspot.com

I was somewhat surprised by this short read which is the final part in The Cathy Vickers Triology. Having only read this book I was thrown into the unexpected world of the immortals and the hunt for Cathy (if you know me....you know I don't read the synopsis, they just give too much away)

Cathy's Ring is a very interesting and fun read, its unique and intriguing with its interesting doodles on most of the pages and the diary approach is perfect for telling Ca...more
Odette
I enjoyed this sequel to Cathy's Key more than I thought I would, perhaps because a lot of time has passed since I read Cathy's Key. Occasionally I found Cathy an annoying character here, but overall I enjoyed reading the book. I also liked the expanded cast of characters, and the few moments where we get to see Jun. She's a very interesting one.

Also, I'd like to say again that I feel that this series dealt with the subject of immortality a lot better than Twilight. I'm not sure if I think this...more
Jessica
I received this book for free from the publisher. All content and opinions are my own.

Cathy’s Ring is the third book in the Cathy series - an interactive, graphic novel-esque set of books. Here’s the plot summary from the publisher:

Cathy cannot manage to find more than a few days to relax in her hectic (and mortal) life—she barely has time to put the mystery surrounding her father to rest before she finds herself targeted by a group of Ancestor Lu’s professional killers! Recognizing she is a ser...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Marta Morrison for TeensReadToo.com

What happens when you meet the man of your dreams and he is immortal? I don't mean vampire immortal, but really immortal, with super-strength.

That is what Cathy has found out about the two most important men in her life. That they are a part of the Immortals.

After her last adventure, Cathy realizes that she is putting all of her friends, and her mother, in danger. She has to leave.

So, after a fiasco trying to raise money, Cathy convinces Denny to ge...more
Tricia
Would give this one a 4.5 if I could. My favorite of the 3 as it seemed to have the most cohesive story. Though I would have liked to see the supplemental materials (library book w/them missing), it didn't really detract from the story. Overall, really really liked this book.
Caroline
AMAZING! I loved it, so great.
Maura
Nov 28, 2009 Maura rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Maura by: Noone
Cathy's Ring almost got a Maura's Choice like it's predecessor, Cathy's Key. But I felt that Cathy's Ring started off really slowly and the ending was good but not how I would of liked it to end. I won't give any spoilers away, but I wish the ending, and maybe this book all together, would have had more action in it. I felt it was lacking in that, and the ending was one where the books ends but you know the world continues and you'll just have to imagine what will happen next without knowing com...more
Tessa
Dans ce dernier tome de la série des Cathy’s (Book & Key), la guerre au sein des immortels bat son plein. Un livre qui ne reprend jamais son souffle et dont l’héroïne n’a même plus le temps de dormir.
Après un premier tome détonant et un second qui avait perdu un peu de son souffle, ce troisième tome reprend les choses en main en regroupant tous les intervenants pour un dénouement très attendu.
Bien que les indices, qui étaient ce qui m’avais attiré au début, ont complètement disparu (seuls un...more
Stephanie
The latest installment of this series is definitely the best one yet. I personally liked it a lot more than the other two because it had a ton of action and suspense throughout the entire novel.

The characters were better written. They provoked more emotions from me - sympathy, excitement, etc. For the other two, I felt like an outsider looking in to the story. However, for Cathy's Ring, I actually felt as if I was in the plot facing the things that Cathy faced.

Jun is probably the one character t...more
Sandra
Apr 08, 2010 Sandra rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
Wiedereinmal verschlungen in 0,nix wie die vorherigen Bände. Allerdings muss ich sagen, dass ich, nachdem "Cathys Key" schon besser gewesen war als "Cathys Book", gehofft hatte, dass bei "Cathys Ring" noch eine Steigerung drin ist, war aber leider nicht so.
Auch von der Aufmachung hat das Buch im Vergleich zu den Vorgängern nachgelassen. Der Tagebuchcharakter war allein schon vom Schreibstil her so gut wie überhaupt nicht mehr erkennbar. Auch die Beweise, die die Serie gerade so einzigartig gema...more
Soo
Jan 30, 2012 Soo rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Graphic Novel, Urban Myths
Cathy the Insomniac is puddling around the house late at night when she hears faint noises coming from outside. After hiding out in the bathtub like a horror movie reject, she scouts the exterior and finds three dead bodies propped up like broken puppets beneath her window.

Cathy, her loyal friends, their family and Jewel have become extraordinarily popular by being added to a hit list. Cathy's plan is to run away but that plan was zilched before it even began. The gang gets together to make a p...more
Hol
AMAZING END TO THE TRILOGY. I got the ending that I wanted and I'm so happy with this book. I loved the characters, the artwork, the plot. Victor is probably my favourite character.

The book definitely deals with the theme of immortality a lot better than most teen books such as Twilight.

The Cathy Vickers series is definitely worth the read!
Rebecca
I really liked Cathy’s Ring, although there were some parts that I found to be a bit weird. I soon got over that.

I really enjoyed the story line. It is a very unique one and it’s quite interesting. There were a couple of surprises in this book which I really liked.

This is yet another interactive book but I felt that it wasn’t as interactive as the previous two books which isn’t so bad because you can enjoy the book just fine without the interactive stuff.The characters were all pretty cool. I re...more
Kathy (Bermudaonion)
18 year old Cathy is running from trouble. It seems that Ancestor Lu (an immortal) wants her boyfriend Victor (another immortal) to find a way to make mortals immortal. He threatens to kill Cathy if Victor doesn’t comply. Rather than endangering her friends and her boyfriend, Cathy runs. Her friends catch up with her and stand by her. They find Ancestor Lu and confront him. I won’t tell you anymore because I don’t want to give away too much of the story.

I found the plot of Cathy’s Ring by Sean S...more
Krystyn
This book is a fun continuation of the others in the series. What's nice is that some old-skool Stewart comes out to play in a few really nice turns of phrase and full paragraphs of description.

I was actually somewhat disappointed and shocked that the evidence packet only contained two pieces. Now, granted, one piece is really very sweet, and the other has some ... neat features to it (I'll leave it at that), but I was really looking forward to finishing the story and then combing through all th...more
Sara
アレツクス コツト
I love the poster it came with. I have it on my wall still to this day :}. The romance and fantasy in this story kept me hooked on reading this for days. And the best part was the art that gave very good visuals in my head, as i continued to read it i felt like i was watching a movie every time i closed my eyes. It was really chill and mesmerizing. I deff recommend this to anyone. Especially this edition of the book. I love art and this is a must have.
Olivia J
May 25, 2011 Olivia J rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: out-of-the-ordinary book readers!!
FANTASTIC!!

This book was just that, fantastic. I LOVED it SO much. Cathy’s wit and personality still was just the same (which I find doesn’t happen that often). Sometimes in series, the authors slowly change their characters – this absolutely wasn’t the case! Cathy by far is easily one of my favourite fictional characters – here stories aren’t seen in other books, she is original. This book – This series is a must-read.
GateGypsy
Having read the other two books in this series, I knew I had to read this one, too. I was kindof sad at the lack of cool "evidence" with this book, but the poster was quite nice.
I can't say I was terribly surprised by the end, but I was glad to get there, anyway. There were a lot of ends left loose, but I expect it's ok to leave a young girl's story unfinished -- she still has so much more ahead of her.
Yuko86
I finished this book two days ago: it's not too good, I suggest it to the very young adults. It's the epilogue of Cathy's adventures but I found it boring. The previous two volumes were intriguing but this one is really simple and the characters seems stupid puppets! The only good thing is when Victor sacrifices himself for Cathy and their relationship. Well, finally, I don't suggest it.
Crystal
personally, i found this book lacking. i couldnt really get into it.. but kept trying. lol and as a whole i just have to say how dumb are these girls in these books nowadays? if i found out someone was immortal i would freak the freak out but in books nowadays the girls are like mkayyy and get all up in the business! lol. i did like how they have a mortality serum tho. kinda cool.
Tracey
Aug 16, 2009 Tracey rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: teen
Teen fiction. The conclusion to the Cathy's Book trilogy, though certain activity on the various websites suggests there may be more stories forthcoming. I didn't look at the "evidence" that came along with this book, so perhaps I can't judge the full effect of the material, but this one was a lot less exciting than the first two installations.
Anna
Gründe für das Buch:
- gut geschrieben wie auch die anderen Teile schon
- guter Abschluss der Trilogie
- gute Zeichnungen am Rand der Seiten
Gründe gegen das Buch:
- sehr wenig "Beweise", die auch keine richtigen sind
- erzwungene Liebesdreieck unnötig
- eine wichtige Frage bleibt am Ende ungeklärt
Giulia
Eeeek! Now this book kept me at the edge of my seat throughout it's thrilling and suspenseful narrative! I love Cathy, which is strange as I would usually condemn her actions in a different scenario. I guess this shows how well Sean Stewart writes! I say go ahead and read this unique trilogy!
Zaara - thebookfreak
This book is as good as the first one, the coolest thing with this book is that every little thing that is important in the book are in a little small plastic pocket where a lot of other things are, for example like someones number, or a picture of victor :P

I LOVE THIS SERIE!
Rubi Herrera
I need some humour in my life and this book gave me just that. :)
That's all I can really say ;)
Happy endings all around too, hope Denny finds someone though :)
Great conclusion to a fun, cute, action/geek filled story
I really loved it
Geri De Leon
A wonderful end to a very compelling book series! My only complaint is that the books were too short, I want more! But no, Cathy's Ring was just as addicting as the first two and just as much fun to read. :]
Denise
A satisfying end to the trilogy. Unfortunately it didn't have nearly as much of the fun "evidence" in the included pouch as the first book in the series. But there were plenty of great doodles throughout.
  • 7 Kinds of Ordinary Catastrophes (Gert Garibaldi's Rants and Raves, #2)
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 2 (Children of the Sea, #2)
  • The Plague
  • Survival of the Fittest (Charmed, #26)
  • The Witch Hunters (T*Witches, #8)
  • Changeling Places (Charmed, #29)
  • The Brewing Storm (Charmed, #25)
  • Paisley Hanover Acts Out
  • Pied Piper (Charmed, #27)
  • Snap
  • Haunted
  • Children of the River
  • Parties & Potions (Magic in Manhattan, #4)
  • Tomorrow's God: Our Greatest Spiritual Challenge
  • The Clique: The Manga
  • Princess Ai: The Prism of Midnight Dawn, Volume 1 (Princess Ai, #4)
  • Spirit of the Wolf (Charmed, #12)

Sean Stewart (born June 2, 1965) is a U.S.-Canadian science fiction and fantasy author.

Born in Lubbock, Texas, Sean Stewart moved to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada in 1968. After stints in Houston, Texas, Vancouver, British Columbia, Irvine, California and Monterey, California,...more
More about Sean Stewart...
Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #7) Galveston Perfect Circle Mockingbird Resurrection Man (Resurrection Man, #1)