Start by marking “Anna and Mister God” as Want to Read:
Anna and Mister God

Anna and Mister God

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A stunning 30th anniversary edition of the best-selling Mister God This Is Anna, together with the sequels, Anna's Book, Anna and the Black Knight, with a new preface by Dr Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury.
Published March 1st 2004 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published January 1st 210)

To ask other readers questions about Anna and Mister God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anna and Mister God

Jane
Katie, a fellow volunteer at the American Library in Paris, found this book down in the basement and recommended it to me. I read it in draughts and bits, mostly on packed subways and deserted platforms, waiting outside offices or while sebastien was making phone calls.

It's really a compilation of three titles, and if I had to make a recommendation, I'd say read the first one: Mister God, this is Anna.

Hardly a literary book, and yet an intensely thoughtful book- one that makes you think, and sha
Giovanni
This is a really good book imo, it made me think and really think, about they way we see God, the way we see life, and simply the way we live. It wasn't the kind of book that was page-turning; not the kind i'll finish at one go; but it is in every aspect a good book. Rather dry in some parts, and at times difficult to grasp but i definitely enjoyed the read. Anna is a charming little character, and Fynn is a wonderful narrator, all the same quirky, and rather like Anna sometimes.
Tal
Anna is a philosopher, theologian and mathematician. and 6 years old.

she shares with the narrator (and writer) Fynn her innocent but insightful view of the world and her conversations with "Mister God".

Khat Fish
Jul 01, 2010 Khat Fish marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: spiritual people with open mind
Love love love! Currently reading a friend's copy but I've flagged so many pages to copy that I'm gonna have to buy it for myself. I actually gave the book back so will finish reading when I've got my own copy.
Jenni
I really loved this book. Sadly I got stuck after Anna died. There are some really captivating thoughts in it though, which made me see the world in a different light.
Punkerdoos
ONE OF THE MOST MOVING BOOKS I HAVE EVER READ. Touched my heart in the most stupendous ways and made me think and think and think. I was charmed
Shellebee75
doesnt matter if you don't believe in god.. read this book anyway.. i did..
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Eloise
Eloise is currently reading it
Jan 15, 2015
Vineetha
Vineetha marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Nora Olmo
Nora Olmo marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Nora Olmo
Nora Olmo marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Nadine Larter
Nadine Larter marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Khabonina M
Khabonina M marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
John
John marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Lise
Lise marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Marietjie Hattingh
Marietjie Hattingh marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Angie O'Neill
Angie O'Neill marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Philosophy of Religion: Thinking about Faith (Contours of Christian Philosophy)
  • Happy Kids: The Secrets to Raising Well-Behaved, Contented Children
  • What the Bee Knows: Reflections on Myth, Symbol, and Story
  • The Descent of the Dove
  • Ordinary People as Monks and Mystics: Lifestyles for Self-discovery
  • Jewish New Testament Commentary: A Companion Volume to the Jewish New Testament
  • The Girard Reader
  • Longing for God: Seven Paths of Christian Devotion
  • The Wisdom Books: Job, Proverbs, and Ecclesiastes
  • Unraveled: The True Story of a Woman Who Dared to Become a Different Kind of Mother
  • Big Momma Makes the World
  • The Essential Mcluhan
  • The Drama of Atheist Humanism
  • Representative Men: Seven Lectures
  • An Anthology: 365 Readings
  • History in English Words
  • The Girl Without a Voice: The true story of a terrified child whose silence spoke volumes
  • Economy of Desire
Fynn is the pen name of Sydney "Sid" George Hopkins, born in Poplar, London 26th March 1919 - died in Somerset 3rd July 1999.

Sid was a student and later staff member at Finchden Manor, a now defunct reform school,in Tenterden Kent, as described in the book Mr Lyward's Answer.

Sid Hopkins spent the last years of his life living in Taunton, Somerset, England.

ALAN MITCHELL profile, Church House Pub
More about Fynn...
Mister God, This is Anna Anna and the Black Knight. Fynn Anna's Book Anna, Mister God, and the Black Knight Mister God Canada

“So very many times over the next three years i heard her laughter - no silver bells or sweet rippling sounds was her laughter, but like a five-year-old's bellow of delight, a cross between a puppy's yelp, a motor-bike and a bicycle pump. ” 7 likes
“I was nineteen at the time, prowling the streets and alleys with my usual supply of hot dogs, the street lights with their foggy haloes showing dark, formless shapes moving out from the darkness of the fog and disappearing again. ” 1 likes