Start by marking “Jude's Law (Law, #1)” as Want to Read:
Jude's Law (Law, #1)

Jude's Law (Law #1)

3.92  ·  Rating Details ·  5,844 Ratings  ·  186 Reviews
When it comes to love, he plays to win.

There's only so much frustration a guy can handle before he gets a little nutty. For Jude Jamison, his frustration has a name—May Price. She's everything the former Hollywood bad boy actor came to Stillbrook, Ohio, hoping to find: open, honest, lovable, and full of those luscious curves you don't find on stick-figure starlets—curves M
Mass Market Paperback, 379 pages
Published February 1st 2006 by Zebra Books (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Jude's Law, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jude's Law

SheReadsALot
Oh, how I loathed this book. Why? I've been asking myself this each time I turned my Kindle on to try and sludge through finishing this pathetic tale.

If you like stories with heroines that are "TSTL" (Too Stupid To Live) then you will find a winner in this story. May, the heroine is definitely this year's valedictorian of the Bella Swan "TSTL" Heroine Academy.

This is the third of recent BBW books I've read where the BBW heroine is written so poorly. Her character is just crap.

Here are my issues
Lisa (Harmonybites)
Jul 03, 2010 Lisa (Harmonybites) rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
Right from the beginning Jude, the male lead, was sexually aggressive in a way that might have been fine if May, the heroine, had pushed back, or flirted in turn, or maybe even if they had been in an equal position. They weren't--a point is made that Jude's patronage of May's gallery is all that's keeping her afloat--and he knows it. Given that May's nervous, "Oh, you're just joking" clueless-on-purpose response to his overtures struck me as a God, get away from me and Jude's persistence as sexu ...more
safüş
Mar 07, 2016 safüş rated it it was ok
2.5 stars & I don't even know what for. this book was a major suck-fest, Jude was a complete asshole to May, who was sort of spineless? nothing really happened with Elton except everyone running in circles around each other. the whole thing dragged and dragged so that the author could write a second book about them, I assume. which turned out better than this one, but not by far. (turns out reading the second book first by accident was a good thing, since everything that matters happens in t ...more
Kelly
Dec 07, 2007 Kelly rated it did not like it
After reading too many morose books in a row, I was ready for something fluffy. And sexy. While this book had the appearance of meeting that criteria, the characters were too annoying and the storyline was too blah to really do anything for me. I'd hope that contemporary romances would be less about mind games and more the characters going for what they want. But it was all mind games and manipulation.
Michelle
Apr 16, 2009 Michelle rated it did not like it
Eh ... Didn't even finish it. Too goofy and contrived. I usually like Lori Foster but this one was over the top. The hero was a little too perfect and the heroine a tad too ditzy.
Sofia Grey
Feb 21, 2012 Sofia Grey rated it it was amazing
I first read this a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it – I like Lori Foster’s easy writing style and the way she draws her characters. Since there is a sequel available (Murphy’s Law) I wanted to re-read this again to get back ‘into’ the characters.

It was as good as I remembered. May is a plump and beautiful woman lacking in confidence, especially when SBC champion turned Hollywood heartthrob Jude keeps trying to date her. Surely he’s just messing around? Sure he keeps buying the art
Trang Nguyen
This is the first book of the Law series. Jude is a ex- SBC fighter turned successful actor. He has moved to Stillbrook, Ohio to run away from his current problems and falls head over heals for May, a art gallery owner. Jude is attracted to May and cannot get her out of his head even though she doesn't fit the typical stereotype of who he would normally date. However, May is not making it easy on him to try on his advances. Eventually the two will hook up and boy when they hook up its HOT! There ...more
LaFleurBleue
Apr 24, 2012 LaFleurBleue rated it did not like it
I so hated this book that more than 3 years after reading I still remember many reasons why I found it so absolutely awful and unforgivable.
Let's start with the heroine: she's ugly, fat and insecure. The author did such a convincing job about that that I kept wondering why she had chosen her as an heroine. At no moment in this time did I feel anything like empathy or positive about her.
Then there's the hero. He's a professional boxer, he has big muscles (and another big organ). Besides that ther
Robin Taylor
Dec 10, 2010 Robin Taylor rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
There's something about Lori Foster and her writing style. It's captivating. Whether you read a series straight through or out of order. The protagonists in this story May Price and Jude Jamison have a powerful visceral reaction to each other. May's art studio showings keep the pair in frequent contact, as Jude has built a huge mansion and is filling it with the artwork from May's studio.

Jude makes no secret that he wants May - sooner better than later. She's a full-figured voluptuous woman tha

Melissa Fletcher
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
May Price is a plus sized art dealer. Jude Jamison is an MMA fighter/financial wizard/Hollywood actor/acquitted public figure who is damned near perfect. And he does love him some full figured woman.

"Wow are you sexy."
"No I'm chubby."
"No. You are perfect and I'll change you to prove it."

Don't like this conversation? Don't read the book. You'll have to suffer through it about 50 times. I think I might have to go back and re-read Murphy's law as Ashley is still the best character in the book.
Lady E
Nov 07, 2014 Lady E rated it really liked it
The law was successfully laid down!
Ann
May 25, 2017 Ann rated it it was amazing
This was such a great book I like the little chase she gave him he was use to getting what he wants right away but not with her.
Danielle
Nov 12, 2016 Danielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vanesa Alvarez
Feb 28, 2017 Vanesa Alvarez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
May es una mujer fuerte y decidida que tiene que lidiar con su desagradable familia, especialmente con su hermano, quienes le echan la culpa de todo lo que pasa y no la valoran en lo absoluto.
Jude es un hombre que lucha por lo que quiere y que ha tenido que sufrir mucho debido a la acusación de asesinato que hay contra él (no es spoiler) pero a pesar de todo no deja que todo esto lo hunda. Al principio no me gusta como Jude es con May, me parece que la ve solo como un objeto y que está obsesiona
Rupmala
Feb 20, 2017 Rupmala rated it did not like it
Going to have to go with disappointed....Bad Romance...literally

I expected more from this book. Although the description is not what i would normally go for, the romantic streak in me decided i wanted to give it a shot, and let me tell you, first:

1. The trouble this book gave me to purchase it was something else. It kept giving me an error at the checkout multiple times, this should have been my first clue. I persisted and finally it was completed.

2. Excited to start, I mean this smoking dude an
Linda Sims
Feb 22, 2015 Linda Sims rated it liked it
While I liked this story, I didn't love it. I did like Jude Jamison the hero his character was very well written he's not only tall dark and handsome, but he's smart and sexy as well. He's an ex fighter and currently a Hollywood film star. As for May Price the heroine, I didn't take to her quite as much she's too much of a martyr IMO, the way she tolerated her awful family was annoying. She's none too bright either who opens and runs an art gallery out in the middle of nowhere, when none of the ...more
Dawn
Jun 28, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it
Shelves: foster-lori
I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick read because it was so easy to get involved in. The hero, Jude, is a retired UFC-type fighter turned action movie actor. He has moved to a small town in Ohio to escape the publicity from a murder trial in which he was found innocent. But doubts linger in the public's minds. So the story revolves around solving the mystery of who really did it.

Jude is an avid art collector and is the biggest client of a local gallery owned by May. He is attracted to her
Holly
Jun 17, 2012 Holly rated it liked it
Another great bit of fun from Lori Foster.
If you like Lori Foster's books, you will like this one.
Witty dialog, great characters, fun, light plot...
I read Lori Fosters books when I want a good story with lots of heart warming stuff, no darkness or angst...just laughter. And romance, of course.
She is a very dependable read.
I will always grab her books in a heartbeat.
Mandy
May 31, 2014 Mandy marked it as did-not-finish
I didn't even finish this book. It didn't hold.my interest like I thought it would. The summary is much more interesting than the actual story. Sad to find a book with so much promise that just ended up being a waste.
Erin
Mar 04, 2010 Erin rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
The book was good, but I really didn't like the main character. She was annoying in so many ways. Of course she was a nice enough person, but I kept wondering, "Why is this man with her?"
The story was good, though, and it led into Murphy's Law, which was VERY good!
Gregg R Wexler
Mar 15, 2011 Gregg R Wexler rated it it was amazing
Gregg R Wexler plans on reading this book next week.
Yolanda
Jul 14, 2016 Yolanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jude is an SBC fighter and movie star. May is a quiet owner of a gallery.
laurie stith-tenney
Mar 11, 2011 laurie stith-tenney rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lori-foster
Cant wait for murphy law next.
Terri
Feb 14, 2017 Terri rated it really liked it
Jude’s Law is the first in the Law series by Lori Foster. While it is a good book and I liked it, Jude’s Law is not a keeper that I will reread over and over again. I liked the hero, Jude, much more than I liked the heroine, May. She was a little annoying to me. Overall, it is a light, fun read with a little bit of danger added in. While it is a stand-alone book and it mostly wraps up, there is a portion of the story that continues in Murphy’s Law which is even a better book! While Jude’s Law is ...more
Kati
Feb 04, 2017 Kati rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Finally picked up this older story while waiting to get my hands on LF's newest books.... The back and forth between Jude and May was almost painful at times. Made me want to shake them both (more Jude than May, to be honest) and tell 'em to knock off the deliberate misunderstanding of each other. Denny was an interesting character, and I'm rather hoping to see a good HEA for him. Also interested to see where the Ashley/May tie goes in the next story. Will be picking up _Murphy's Law_ at the loc ...more
Vivian
May 08, 2017 Vivian rated it liked it
I was fortunate to win a copy of Jude's Law from a Goodreads giveaway. I haven't read a Lori Foster book in a while and this one was a good one. A good romance with a likeable couple and secondary support characters, except for May's brother, what a wuss and whiner! But he was integral to the storyline as were her totally obnoxious parents. Interesting twist with Ashley- hope she gets her HEA with someone!
Mary Shafer
May 05, 2017 Mary Shafer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jude's & May's story. May owns an art gallery where Jude buys his art. May's brother is in money trouble and Jude comes up with a plan to help get him out of trouble. Jude is not only a MMA fighter but, also an actor. He is ready to stop both to sponsor fighters in the MMA.
Geneva Vaughn
May 18, 2017 Geneva Vaughn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book. Kept you intrigued all the way through.
Ria Lize
Feb 13, 2014 Ria Lize rated it liked it

So begins the story of a woman, May, who has captured the interest of our rich Hollywood star, ex-SBC hero Jude.

Oh, I enjoyed this one, but I found it hard to fully believe the story and its characters.

May was supposed to be a strong and independent heroine I think, but I didn't really buy it. Half the time she was a pushover. When he makes hurtful accusation to her in the beginning to test her real feelings for him, she slugs him. That made me really happy. Until she apologizes..

A few times Jud
  • The Real Deal
  • Houston, We Have A Problem (Florida Doctors, #2)
  • The Man from Gossamer Ridge  (Cooper, #6)
  • Tony's Haven (Sherman Family #2)
  • Dear Maggie
  • Baby, Don't Go
  • Doctor's Delight (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy, #1)
  • Talk Nerdy to Me (Nerds, #5)
  • Love's Learning Curves (Wolf’s Seduction #3)
  • Hot Chocolate (Winston Brothers, #1)
  • Fast & Loose (Kentucky Derby, #1)
  • Take Me (Take Me, #1)
  • Reunion (Plus Size Loving, #5)
  • Second Chance at the Sugar Shack (Sugar Shack, #1)
  • One Night Scandal (The Spinster Club, #5)
  • Summer Nights
  • The Stranger in Her Bed (Logger #2)
  • Santa, Baby

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

Law (2 books)