Start by marking “Ghost Hunters (Ed & Lorraine Warren #2)” as Want to Read:

Ghost Hunters (Ed & Lorraine Warren #2)

Enter the old West Point mansion tenanted by the restless spirits of John F. Kennedy, Mrs. Douglas MacArthur...and an angry, long-dead murderer. Behold the psychic vision that brought three sadistic rapists to justice. Witness the case of a teenage girl that innocently began with a Ouija board...and ended in a devastating exorcism.
For nearly forty years, Ed and Lorraine W
Published October 15th 1990 by St. Martin's Press (first published October 1989)

Win a Copy of This Book

• Ghost Hunters by Ed Warren
    Release date: Dec 02, 2012
    Don't miss Ed & Lorraine Warren in the new blockbuster film The Conjuring 2 in theaters now.
    Ghosts know no season, respect no boundaries, and offe

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 3 copies available, 719 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Oct 20 - Nov 03, 2016

Countries available: US and CA

Format: Print Book

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Ghost Hunters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost Hunters

Sabrina Rutter
    Apr 05, 2010 Sabrina Rutter rated it it was amazing
    I havn't read one book by the Warrens yet that I don't enjoy! This book definantly had me spooked! Ed and Lorraine Warren are/were (Ed is with God) demonologists, so naturally everything paranormal is going to be a demonic infestation to them. I can see where they might get the impression about the demonic on the hauntings they talked about in this book, but they even included a way to make the big hairy man shaped creature, better known as bigfoot, a demonic force.
    I would not read this one if I
    Dec 05, 2015 Kathy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: horror, read-in-2015
    I was very disappointed with this book. I was expecting to be scared, and creeped out, but every story fell short. They were dry case files. There was no suspense at all. I was expecting and hoping for so much more!
    Irene Mcintyre
    Case #8: The Unspeakable
    Case #9: The Darkness After
    Case #10: The Terrified Minister
    Terrance Zepke
    Jul 23, 2016 Terrance Zepke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This is the name of a great book written by Ed and Lorraine Warren with Robert David Chase. I was excited to get this book as I had already read THE DEMONOLOGIST (also written by Ed and Lorraine Warren), which was a most intriguing book. Most of us in the paranormal arena are all too aware of this dynamic duo. But for those of you who aren’t familiar with the Warrens, they are the only non-clergy approved by the Catholic church to perform exorcisms. The Warrens have been all over the world and a ...more
    Jacqueline Smith
    Do not read this book before bed.
    Shasta Seagle
    Jun 25, 2013 Shasta Seagle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
    It was an entertaining book, as far as fantasy goes. I do not put much validity in people who think that demons take the shape of human entities and harm the living. Their investigation of the Amityville House has been debunked by many investigators.
    Chris A Mason
    Oct 13, 2016 Chris A Mason rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Sean Wojtczak
    While undeniably sincere, Ghost Hunters lacks all the tantalizing content expected of the genre. Hardly ever reaching farther than a victim's background, this book will disappoint any reader looking for detailed accounts of the paranormal.
    Sep 20, 2016 Hannah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    I won a free copy of this book in a goodreads giveaway.

There were parts I found interesting, but overall this was just ok. I totally thought this would be my cup of tea. In reality, it didn't end up being anything like I thought it would be, and I just felt kind of meh about it.
    Angelika Fuller
    It's a compilation of short stories. I would've liked more detailed narratives better. I still find the Warrens very interesting people.
    Chris Campbell
    Feb 05, 2015 Chris Campbell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Fifteen stories of the supernatural featuring Ed and Lorraine Warren, the demonologist psychic researchers. While the book is a bit sensationalistic in places (I think it's the co-author's doing), the stories themselves are really interesting and (yes, well) frightening. At the core of these stories that recount some of the Warrens' notable cases are the Warrens themselves, who seem quite down-to-earth, humble, likeable, and not prone to exaggeration or sensationalism. I admit: I was fascinated ...more
    Mary Czarnecki
    Just finished this book after having seen the movie, "The Conjuring"... pretty creepy and pretty interesting, about demonologists Ed & Lorraine Warren. This is a collection of some of their cases, where they cast out demons & face "ghosts" in haunted houses and possessed people. They are devout Catholics, a down-to-earth intelligent couple who believed they were put together to help those who are trapped and savaged by demonic forces. Makes you examine exactly what you believe and why. T ...more
    Jul 29, 2016 Ew rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
    Waste of money. I was really excited do read this after having read several books on this topic and being generally fascinated by the supernatural, but was disappointed. Actually got bored after "Chapter" 3. Don't waste your time on this.
    PLUS. I found the information in this book to be different from their accounts of the same stories in another book I read (which was actually quite good, it's called "Demonologist" by Gerald Brittle, gave me nightmares that), which makes me think they may actua
    Joshua Wiles
    Feb 01, 2015 Joshua Wiles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    A fascinating study of the supernatural

Ghost Hunters by Ed and Lorraine Warren is a fascinating exploration of various cases that been brought in on. From a haunted village to a teen who messed with a Ouija board to a disturbed young man who found the touch of a woman rather cold, we get to explore some interesting supernatural settings here and see how the Warrens responded to them. Anyone who wants to know more bout the Warrens and the cases they investigate should check out this book.
    Jun 18, 2015 Natalie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: nonfiction, horror
    The stories featured in Ghost Hunters are exciting and spooky - the short story anthology format works very well. Whether or not you believe in the supernatural, some of the stories are compelling; this is a great read for anyone who liked the movie "The Conjuring" and is especially fun to read around Halloween.

As for the actual writing, some of the stories were poignant; others were sensationalized or lacked sufficient detail to pull readers in. They read as though different people wrote each o
    Nov 06, 2013 Nicholas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    After some further reaserach into their past, I learned alot about the Warren's and living one town over from Monroe got me to believe that somneof these things happened. With a majority of the stories in this book coming out of Connecticut it gave me a haunting realization that I live in one of the most haunted regions, especially when my bestfriend's front yard is supposed to be the most haunted place in New England, (easton, Ct Union Cemetery) though not discussed in Ghost Hunters, very convi ...more
    Jul 31, 2016 Brandon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Recommends it for: Warren Fans, Paranormal Fans
    Shelves: ghost-books
    I remember I loved checking this book out from the library. My favorite story was the one where Lorraine Warren basically cracked a murder case open because a certain face kept haunting her in her dreams. I felt like the way it was written I could picture the face staring back at me and the murder scene was described excellently for someone with little experience in writing a crime scene. Just a good read if you like the paranormal or you are a fan of Ed or Lorraine Warren.
    Aug 17, 2014 Stacey rated it really liked it
    Shelves: library-books
    What a great read to get you in the mood for the Halloween season. It was so interesting reading all the case files from Ed and Lorraine Warren and getting to know what their life was like working in this field. I was definitely scared a couple of times. If you are into real life ghost stories and the supernatural than I would recommending picking this book up. It was a fast read and was overall chilling at times, its not something I would usually pick up.
    Jul 26, 2016 Ramon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Very interesting and informative

I recommend this book for people who are interested in the fascinating lives of Ed and Lorraine Warren. Could not stop reading! Very informative and entertaining. The Warrens never disappoint when it comes to outlining their own in-depth experiences of their respective careers as the most fascinating documenters of the supernatural and other worldly realms!
    Sep 16, 2013 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Relatively brief accounts of some of the cases of Ed and Lorraine Warren (who are featured in the move The Conjuring). Overall, well done. Creepy and unnerving at times. Learning of the small Connecticut town, Dudleytown, which is now abandoned and considered one of the most well known ghost towns.
    Feb 03, 2015 Brian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    The writing is fairly elementary with a few awkward sentences that can be tweaked by the deft hand of a copy editor. The religious subtext of the Warrens' anecdotes is a little old school, but above all it gives a good cross section of their alleged 2,000 investigations. Worth the read if you're into ghosts, and can handle the heavy handed all ghosts are demons explanation.
    Robert Chapman
    As a long time fan of the horror movie genre, I'm no stranger to Ed and Lorraine Warren and their work. When I saw this book I just had to jump at the opportunity to learn about their lives and hear the details of actual cases from their careers.

Although this book is a quick read, it was none the less very enjoyable and insightful.
    Susan Toastgal
    Sep 07, 2013 Susan Toastgal rated it it was amazing
    If you scare easily you should Not read this book. But it is a great read for the researcher and for people who have experiences with the paranormal. It is filled with very creepy true stores as told by the Warrens who are demonologist. I would not read it at night.
    Katherine Medrano
    Jan 12, 2016 Katherine Medrano rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
    I absolutely loved "The Demonologist" so I decided I'll check out another book but this one dissapointed me. I hate how the stories were quick and straight to the point. Another bad thing was the stories were not scary at all.
    Nick Ivey
    Aug 20, 2016 Nick Ivey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Very creepy little book liked the fact it was fact based, gave very good insight into the people from the movie The Conjuring which was one of the scariest movies to come out in recent times. I do wish it would have had some pictures in it but aside from that a nice read.
    Bev Southall
    A little disappointing, I thought some of the cases depicted were a little far fetched and the cases that were very interesting did not have enough explanation. This is the first book in the series I have read but I got the overall impression it had been rushed somehow.
    Dec 31, 2015 Haley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I've always liked scary stories, so what better way than to read the true accounts by Ed and Lorraine Warren? While I won't give out any detail that is in the book, the one thing that I can and will say is that I wish that there were a little bit more details about the cases in the book.
    Jan 21, 2016 Art rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    If you like things that go bump in the night, this book of supposedly true encounters with ghosts and demons will likely entertain you. Due to some of the subject matter, I would not recommend this book to young readers.
    Jaylah Reads
    8/1/16 - Omg! I am freaking obsessed with The Warrens! They are so brave to do what they do! I NEED this book!
    Steve Parcell
    Has some pretty impressive evidence in here. All right there are no pictures with a ghost smiling at you but the physical evidence is difficult to disprove
    A good read.
    Ebook? 1 4 Nov 12, 2013 11:17AM
    • Deliver Us From Evil: Taken From the Files of Ed and Lorraine Warren
    • The Haunted: One Family's Nightmare
    • The Sallie House Haunting: A True Story
    • Conversations with Ed and Lorraine Warren
    • The People in the Attic: The Haunting of Doretta Johnson
    • Haunted: The Incredible True Story of a Canadian Family's Experience Living in a Haunted House
    • Ghosts Among Us: True Stories of Spirit Encounters
    • The Black Hope Horror: The True Story of a Haunting
    • Ghosts Caught on Film: Photographs of the Paranormal
    • House of Spirits and Whispers: The True Story of a Haunted House
    • Don't Call Them Ghosts: The Spirit Children of Fontaine Manse
    Edward "Ed" Warren Miney was an American paranormal investigator and author associated with prominent cases of haunting. He was a World War II US Navy veteran and former police officer who became a noted demonologist, author, and lecturer. He worked with his wife Lorraine Warren.
    More about Ed Warren...

Ed & Lorraine Warren (6 books)
    • Graveyard (Ed & Lorraine Warren #1)
    • The Haunted (Ed & Lorraine Warren #3)
    • In a Dark Place (Ed & Lorraine Warren #4)
    • Werewolf (Ed & Lorraine Warren #5)
    • Satan's Harvest (Ed & Lorraine Warren #6)