Start by marking “A Knight's Vow (includes: MacLeod, #2.6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #7.5)” as Want to Read:
A Knight's Vow (includes: MacLeod, #2.6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #7.5)

A Knight's Vow (MacLeod #2.6)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  1,060 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Set during the misty Middle Ages, when brave knights in shining armor rescued fair maidens and chivalry and honor were prized above all things, this quartet of novellas from some of the genre's best-known writers takes the concept of the vow and spins it into four very different yet thematically linked medieval tales.

Lynn Kurland - The Traveller (MacLeod #2.6)(de Piaget/M

Published September 1st 2001 by Jove / Penguin Group

To ask other readers questions about A Knight's Vow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Knight's Vow

The Bride by Julie GarwoodA Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaughtThe Secret by Julie GarwoodRansom by Julie GarwoodHonor's Splendour by Julie Garwood
Best Medieval Romance Novels
197th out of 412 books — 749 voters
Spirit of the Knight by Debbie  PetersonVan Locken's Witch by Debbie  PetersonSpirit of the Revolution by Debbie  PetersonShadow Of The Witte Wieven by Debbie  PetersonSpirit of the Rebellion by Debbie  Peterson
Clean paranormal romance
33rd out of 111 books — 93 voters

More lists with this book...

Katie Watkins
I actually just read the first story only (Lynn Kurland), because I knew I was safe with the author. This story is of William DiPiaget and Julianna and how he is true to his knight's vow. I love the romance--you really don't need those "scenes" to have a true, sweet romance.
Elaine Mcdonald
Novella that loosely follows the Time travel theme in the rest of her books. This one was short but ok. Just not what I have come to expect from Kurland.

"The Traveller" by Lynn Kurland 2.5

"the Minstrel" by Patricia Potter 2

"The Bachelor Knight" by Deborah Simmons typical novella. 2.5

"The Siege" by Glynnis Campbell the last story in the book is one of the best novellas I have read 5 and I don't usually like novellas. Well done!
I ordered this book because of the Lynn Kurland story that goes with her time-travel books. This was supposed to be book 4 of the MacLeods story but it was actually the story of William DePiaget. However it was good but I don't think the best in the book.

This book contained 4 stories:

The Traveller by Lynn Kurland
The Minstrel by Patricia Potter
The Bachelor Knight by Deborah Simmons
The Siege by Glynnis Campbell

Only The Traveller had any time-travel aspects, all the others were historical romances.
Lynn Kurland's story in this book is follow by three other stories. I only read the first by Lynn. It is about Sir William de Piaget in 1299 the great grandson of the Robin of Artane and Julianna Nelson a very glum un-employed New Yorker in 2001 with degrees in ancient languages. She finds a letter from her friend Elizabeth who writes of her romantic marriage to Jamie a scotish laird and invites her to visit encloses a map with time travel spots and warnings. Julianna doesn't quite take the warn ...more
I only read the Lynn Kurland story in this anthology. Perhaps I'll go back at another time and read the other short stories, but for now, I just want to continue on with the MacLeod series. :)

This was the story of William DePiaget and Julianna, a modern day girl from Manhattan. It takes place a few generations after all of my favorite DePiagets, so that sort of made this story useless to me. It was cute, but short romances drive me crazy. Rushed romance is never romantic. They meet and then all
first story - DNF
Story #2 DNF
Third story – DNF
Fourth story – 5 stars
This story had the sex scene the others did not!!
Forget the “ick” factor (she was 17 he was 30) and this was a beautiful story about love – love of the person and love = sex
Loved the trapped in a tunnel feeling and that they fell in love without even seeing one another. So sexy....
The book is a keeper if just for this sto
In the Of Duchesses, Princesses & Other Ladies of Quality: HISTORICAL ROMANCE BOOKBOX
Reading this quickly before sending on.
This is an anthology, but the stories are long enough to my taste - often I find short stories irritating because they end just when you're really into them. These four tales are not so short. The one I liked least was perhaps the first, about the time travelling - here the short story format didn't allow us to feel enough empathy for the heroine's modern day situation
I felt it was too short. It included several romances, but none of the stories were long enough. Otherwise I liked the book. My only regret was that the stories weren't long enough for us to get to know the characters very well.
Penelope West
Jul 15, 2008 Penelope West rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All who love romance and medieval times
This was an interesting story in another anthology. I was unfamiliar with the characters as they have not been mentioned in others of Lynn Kurland's stories. It is amusing how she generally had either the hero or the heroine experience some really yukky experience near the beginning of the story. She is very good at putting her people in awkward situations and showing their humanity in dealing with it. Her humor often takes over and wins out the day. This is true in this story. The other stories ...more
This has 4 stories in one book - 4 different authors - Lynn Kurland who I already enjoy reading, and then 3 more that I hadn't heard of - one clean and a good short story, the other two authors were a little more graphic, but nothing hardcore. It was nice to read this one broken up into 4 stories. It made putting the book down easier. I could read one author and put it down after 100 pages because the story was done. It was nice for a change in pace. Usually I can't stop a good book once I have ...more
3.5 stars. a nice collection of stories. the depiaget story (the traveller) was cute and sweet, though following a more obscure relation. the minstrel story was cute as well, though a bit typical and juvenile. i did enjoy the two main characters though. the bachelor knight was a little dour for my taste and was not quite up to par for me. the final story, the siege, was very sweet and romantic and i thoroughly enjoyed it. very well done for a short story...definitely left me wanting more of them ...more
I love this author. She is able to write contemporary and historical very well, however I don't like her short stories as much and her full length novels. It's worth reading but defiantly not a favorite.
Judy Bullard
This is one of her 'Novellas' - several short novels in one book. Good, but sometime when she writes with another author or two, the reading isn't quite as clean. Too much information sometimes!!! I don't need to be reading about so much passion and details! I like the clean novels. A couple of the short novellas I did not finish because of this.
Tricia Schneider
I always enjoy reading stories by Lynn Kurland and Deborah Simmons, but in this anthology I was blown away by Glynnis Campbell's short story, The Siege. This story captivated me! I recommend this book for this story alone. A lovely, emotionally-charged love story and I enjoyed every word of it!
This book has a mixture of stories from different authors. I had read a book prior by Lynn Kurland
and loved it, so I thought I give this a try. I liked the time travel and historical fiction, so this was a perfect book for me. It also gives you a taste for other authors. Stories are mostly set in the 1300s.
Spring Clark
Some of the stories in this anthology weren't the best. But overall a fun read, if you like knights and such. I think my favorite was the last story - "The Siege," although it had a little love scene, but it wasn't too bad. I don't think any of the other stories had anything in them at all, though.
All the short stories in this book were fun and entertaining to read. I am just discovering I much prefer longer stories. Shorts just don't allow enough time for character, as well as, plot development. Something always has to give and I find I dislike the sacrifice.
This was 4 different stories by 4 different authors. Each one was about a different Knight dealing with their Vow all involving a woman of course. Quick easy reads with happy endings, not like real life and that is why I liked it :)
Predictable and easy to read. Spoilers for new books in this one. Looking forward to reading those.

I wish a few of these stories would have been full books, I would have liked to see more of the story.
I only read the first story in this book -- the one by Lynn Kurland -- The Traveler --- It was pretty good! The first book by her that I've read about the DePiaget's.

William De Piaget & Julianna Nelson
4-story anthology. Kurland's story was The Traveller and was about William de Piaget and Julianna Nelson. Cute quick little love story.

The other 3 stories were enjoyable as well.
I am almost ashamed to put this on my shelf. A couple of these short stories were fun and clean and romantic but totally corny! And a couple were a bit steamy. Had to skim a good bit.
the first story was kind of stupid. But then again, I don't like time travel romance novels (except for outlander). The second and third were fantastic! The 4th was ok.
Kathy Davie
Glynnis Campbell's Siege, Patricia Potter's Minstrel, and Deborah Simmons' Bachelor Knight were all nice.

Lynn Kurland's Traveller (McLeod, 4).

I really liked the story by Lynn Kurland. I also liked the one by Patricia Potter? Such a cute little missunderstanding. I didn't read the other two.
I always enjoy stories from Lynn Kurland, and the other three stories from other authors were pretty good as well. A nice, quick, light read.
Vj Parker
short and sweet, an interesting way to put a mans worth in a vow, not quite up to her usual level but enjoyable all the same
Another wonderful read! As always, she could have turned this into a whole 300pg book and I would've loved every bit of it!
Knight William finds lost NYr Julianna whn she fllws frnd Elizbths map 2 hs x & they FIL, wed, trvl 2 present
  • The Christmas Cat (Includes: de Piaget, #4.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #2.5)
  • Highland Magic (Highland Dream, #3)
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues: Four Novellas of Time-Travel Passion
  • The Brides of Christmas (Includes Warrior, #11; de Burgh, #3.5)
  • The Outlaw Viking (Viking I, #2)
  • The Queen in Winter
  • After The Storm
  • Spirited Away
  • Fires of Winter (Tales of Jernaeve, #2)
  • Betrothed (Montagues, #2)
  • The Last Highlander
  • The Rose and the Warrior (Warriors #3)
  • A Slip in Time
Lynn began her writing career at the tender age of five with a series of illustrated novellas entitled Clinton’s Troubles in which the compelling hero found himself in all sorts of . . . well, trouble. She was living in Hawaii at the time and the scope for her imagination (poisoned fish, tropical cliffs, large spiders) was great and poor Clinton bore the brunt of it. After returning to the mainlan ...more
More about Lynn Kurland...

MacLeod (9 books)
  • A Dance Through Time (MacLeod, #1; de Piaget/MacLeod, #2)
  • The Very Thought of You (MacLeod, #2; de Piaget/MacLeod, #4)
  • My Heart Stood Still (MacLeod, #3; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8)
  • A Garden In The Rain (MacLeod, #4; de Piaget/MacLeod, #10)
  • Much Ado In the Moonlight (MacLeod, #5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #12)
  • When I Fall in Love (de Piaget, #4; MacLeod, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #13)
  • With Every Breath (MacLeod, #7; de Piaget/MacLeod, #14)
  • Till There Was You (MacLeod, #8; De Piaget #10; de Piaget/MacLeod, #15)
  • Roses in Moonlight (MacLeod, #9; de Piaget/MacLeod, #19)