Start by marking “Dreams Of Stardust (de Piaget, #3; de Piaget/MacLeod, #17)” as Want to Read:
Dreams Of Stardust (de Piaget, #3; de Piaget/MacLeod, #17)
Preview

Dreams Of Stardust (de Piaget #3)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  1,710 ratings  ·  68 reviews
At last, USA Today bestselling author Lynn Kurland delivers her newest time travel romance. In the 1200s, Amanda of Artane has one summer to choose from her suitors--and find love forever.

In the 1200s, Amanda of Artane has one summer to choose from her suitors—and find love forever.

Jake

Jake Kilchurn travels the world to unearth exquisite stones for this one-of-a-kind creat
Mass Market Paperback, 383 pages
Published March 29th 2005 by Jove / Penguin Group

To ask other readers questions about Dreams Of Stardust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreams Of Stardust

Outlander by Diana GabaldonParallel Roads (Lost on Route 66) by Dennis HigginsAll Bottled Up by Angela     RoseAlmost Yesterday by Dennis HigginsKatya And Cyrus Time Pilgrims by Dennis Higgins
Best Time Travel Romances
50th out of 290 books — 725 voters
Outlander by Diana GabaldonThe Branches of Time by Luca  RossiThe Ruby Brooch by Katherine Lowry LoganDragonfly in Amber by Diana GabaldonForever Mine by Monica Burns
The Best Time-Travel Romance
39th out of 238 books — 422 voters

More lists with this book...

Ana
Amanda has had it with eager suitors. Not one of them cares for her - all they see is that she is a really rich heiress. She decided long ago that she wants to marry for love, just like her parents did. But, as she realizes that may be impossible, she decides to run away. That might have worked if she didn't find a clearly hurt man and stopped to help him.

Jake's life has taken an unexpected turn. One moment he was in his car driving to Artane, the next he wakes up in medieval England, and he's l
LilaBird
MY FAVORITE DE PIAGET BOOK SO FAR!!! Absolutely loved this one. It is about Amanda De Piaget, the third De Piaget child and only girl. I loved this one so much because we are finally introduced to time travel! We get to meet Jackson (Jake) Kilchurn, who is a precious gem hunter and jewelry designer from 2005. He accidentally steps through a time gate located on the grounds of Artane and is thrust back to 1227, where he meets the stunningly beautiful and magnetically alluring, Amanda. They have i ...more
Jane Stewart
Brooke
Lisa
Mar 12, 2009 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lynn Kurland fans
Lynn Kurland is always fun to read. She just has a funny way of telling the story that I really enjoy. This is the 19th story I've read in the MacLeod/de Piaget series. I'm glad I read this so chronologically late because characters from eight other books march through the pages of this one. It certainly would have been easy enough to understand if I hadn't read the other books, but it was very nice to visit with these old friends and see how they are doing. :) How does Miss Lynn keep weaving th ...more
Judy Bullard
Lynn Kurland really knows how to develop characters - and keep the story intriguing. This book is #3 in the de Piaget series - and the first book that brings in the time travel stuff. I enjoyed reading this book very much. I look forward to reading the complete series. However, I think I need a break from the medieval language - I just might start answering "nay" or "aye" to questions - or saying things like 'what think you?" !!!
dragonsdy
I loved this story about Amanda de Piaget and Jackson. Amanda has a special place in my heart cause she was so spunky. She learned how to defend herself and she fell in love with Jackson a man from 2005. It is a twist in that Jackson picks living in the past rather than taking Amanda to the future. It is a lovely story and we get to see Kendrick and Genevieve from Stardust of Yesterday. I loved to see his growing family and don't forget all the ghosts! Wow I love these books! That is why I am cu ...more
Caitlin
The dialogue in Dreams of Stardust is fantastic. The characters all seem to have a different voice and a unique relationship with one another. Every character had a different sense of humor, so each reader will be able to find a character that they relate to. There are many different characters in the book, but because they all have different voices it is easy to remember and differentiate between them all. The characters comment on the odd things happening in the book, for instance the fact tha ...more
Kira
Amanda de Piaget of Artane is a noblewoman of the early thirteenth century. A wealthy and beautiful woman, she spends most of her time fending off suitors of varying titles and wealth. In the process of fleeing her home to avoid being married off to someman who only wants her dowry, she runs into Jake.

Alexander Kilchurn IV (Jake) is a "businessman" of the twenty-first century. Through a series of misfortunes, he finds himself stranded in the middle of 13th century medieval England. He is immedia
Kelly
This was my very first Kurland Book. I started it soon after finishing Nora Roberts Irish Trilogy. Very similar style. I devoured this book 2 hours at a time. Every single day when my kids went down for a nap.
It's been several years since I've read it but I was transported back to medieval England and I fell in love with the characters.
Penelope West
Jul 23, 2008 Penelope West rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All who love romance and medieval times along with time travel
Lynn Kurland takes us on a journey back in time in another of her de Piaget family series. Many characters from previous books make a showing in this story, and it was a delight to see them again and find out how things are going for them since their stories were told. This was a sad/happy story, for it was the tale of a man whose father and family were very dysfunctional, even to the point of viciousness. Fortunately for Jake, there is another family who welcomes him to their ranks, in more tha ...more
Shawna
It's very weird to me that the locations of Seakirk and Artane, both apparently in the north of England, are described as if they're quite close to each other, but it takes characters 3 hours by car or 3 days on horseback to make the trip, which would mean at least 200 miles. It's as if the author thinks England is much larger than it is or she has no sense of scale whatsoever.

Anyway, it's a reasonably entertaining story.
Kate
3rd installment in the de Piaget series. This time it is eldest sister Amanda's turn to fall in love. Renowned across space and time for her beauty, she despairs of ever finding someone who will love her and not only her dowry. Jake Kilchurn is a wealthy American-born, English-educated jeweler from 2005 who finds himself transported back to medieval times and discovers love is worth fighting for. I enjoy these books for their strong romantic elements and historical setting. They are not a level ...more
Melissa
This is a wonderful Adult romance novel with a little time travel thrown in. The story of Jake Kilchurn and Amanda Of Artane(DiPiaget)is very sweet and clean. Her books are relatively clean of explicit sex scenes. This is a great family to read about and I always laugh at her funny lines and the banter between siblings. Her web sight is a good place to go if you are new to her. There is a specific order to her books.

Reread on March 20. Still love this family. This book has a lot of other chara
Lisa
3rd grade writing, 4th grade logic, 5th grade creativity, 6th grade romance. DIDN'T READ.
Krista
This was the first book I read from this author. It was a fun romp of a read. Lynn Kurland seamlessly blends a storyline in modern time and the 1200's. Both centuries and the intertwined plot were entertaining. It's basically a time-travel love story, but it avoids being schmaltzy or over the top.

Now I'm going to have to check out more of Lynn Kurland's books. Darn, I don't need more books to read --- but it's nice to find a great author that weaves paranormal, historic fiction and a romance wit
Academicsupport
Romantic situation and time travel to boot!
Dotty
Enjoyable and quick read.
Robin
Yes, I read this book. I think I was on vacation when I bought it and the obvious medieval connection caught my eye. While it was your typical romance, the fact that it deals with mysterious time travel was a fun read. The hero somehow gets sucked back into about the 1200s and falls in love with the heroine. I won't go much more than that because it would spoil the book if anyone decided to read it. There is an interesting twist that is revealed towards the end. A fun read if anything.
Patricia
I really enjoyed this book. I found the storyline very well put together, the characters really likeable. What I liked about this book was that it tied both Robin's and Kendrick's stories together giving completing their and it told Amanda's story. It was a fun read, a typical romantic, happy ever after kind of read but refreshing. Sometimes it's just great to pick up a book where it's not dark reading, where it's just a plain old romance.
Susan
My favorite De Piaget book so far. I loved it! I love the time travel portion and have been looking forward to it. This one bridged the first two together but it is not necessary to read the others first. All of the Characters are well developed and have their own personality defined by language and interactions. There are many characters to keep track of but the voicing allows us to do so easily.
As always, a good, clean, fun read.
July
I really liked this book. It was a time travel book. Jake Kilchurn travels back in time from 2005 to 1227 and meets Amanda de Piaget and knows that she is for him. She has spent a couple of years fending of suitors because all they are interested in are her money. Jake could care less about that but he does not have a title or money of his own in this century. Now he must make a plan to win her hand.
Love this book...
Tara
Aaahh, I have nothing else from the library right now! So I did pick up the last two historical fiction romances by this author, because I admit it, the promise of some time traveling pulled me in. So this one also had some soap-opera moments, again, but the time traveling was fun, and I do enjoy historical fiction. Still too much of a romance for me, but at least it was a pretty clean one.
Doris
Interesting time travel story about a young man whose father dislikes him because he dares to think for himself, and a young woman whose father despairs of ever marrying her off. The time travel is good, the rest of the story had me in despair of the young woman. She was bright, fearless at times, and loved by family. However, she seemed to be greatly lacking in common sense.
Annette
I always love time travel/magic with romance.
They need to communicate in this book. They drive me nuts by never saying things, never explaining or saying 'we should talk' and the other saying 'I suppose we should but I don't want to right now'
..over and over again. They don't share, get things out in the open, talk about what happened.
Amanda
Not a good book, but so enjoyable. I'm a sucker for shitty time travel, and have already bought all the authors other kindle books in the de Piaget and MacWhatever series. Plus, I loved Amanda's totally non-realistic character, even if the romance had the substance of some damp cardboard.
Erin
It is hard to read about 9 chapters in there while waiting for the plot to come back together. Not because it is badly written - because it is written very well. You just find yourself just as frustrated as these fictional characters while each wonders if they will ever see the other again.
Monica
The third book in the DePiaget story that deals with the sister Amanda. This is the first book in this series that introduces ghosts and time traveling. The characters are funny and engaging, which makes for an entertaining book, even if some phrases are repeated a little too much.
Kurlann
I really enjoyed this book. It was a little slow at first. I liked the story and the characters. Its about this dude that's get thrown 800 years into the past and falls in love with a noblewoman. He has to figure out how he can marry her. Its a nice story with a happily ever after.
Erika
She's a Mormon author who writes romance/fiction books. This one in particular is about a guy from our century who travels back in time to the Middle Ages. Since she's LDS, her writing is clean and not the graphic kind of romance that some people think of when they hear the word.
  • The Christmas Cat (Includes: de Piaget, #5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #3)
  • Hot & Heavy (Viking II, #5)
  • Loving the Highlander (Highlander, #2)
  • Highland Guardian (Daughters of the Glen, #2)
  • Highland Magic (Highland Dream, #3)
  • Highland Knight
  • Timeless Passion
Lynn began her writing career at the tender age of five with a series of illustrated novellas entitled Clinton’s Troubles in which the compelling hero found himself in all sorts of . . . well, trouble. She was living in Hawaii at the time and the scope for her imagination (poisoned fish, tropical cliffs, large spiders) was great and poor Clinton bore the brunt of it. After returning to the mainlan ...more
More about Lynn Kurland...

de Piaget (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Another Chance to Dream (de Piaget,  #1; de Piaget/MacLeod, #7)
  • If I Had You (de Piaget, #2; de Piaget/MacLeod, #11)
  • When I Fall in Love (de Piaget, #4; MacLeod, #10; de Piaget/MacLeod, #19)
  • The Christmas Cat (Includes: de Piaget, #5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #3)
  • One Enchanted Evening (de Piaget, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #22)
  • This Is All I Ask (de Piaget, #7; de Piaget/MacLeod, #4)
  • The More I See You (de Piaget, #8; de Piaget/MacLeod, #9)
  • From This Moment On (de Piaget, #9; de Piaget/MacLeod, #15)
  • To Kiss In the Shadows (de Piaget, #10; de Piaget/MacLeod, #14)
  • Stardust of Yesterday (de Piaget, #11; de Paiget/MacLeod, #1)
Tapestry (de Piaget, #10; de Piaget/MacLeod, #14; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5: Highlander, #8) Star of the Morning (Nine Kingdoms, #1) A Dance Through Time (MacLeod, #1; de Piaget/MacLeod, #2) The Mage's Daughter (Nine Kingdoms, #2) Stardust of Yesterday (de Piaget, #11; de Paiget/MacLeod, #1)