Start by marking “One Piece, Volume 20: Showdown at Alubarna (One Piece, #20)” as Want to Read:
One Piece, Volume 20: Showdown at Alubarna (One Piece, #20)

One Piece, Volume 20: Showdown at Alubarna (One Piece #20)

4.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,796 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
When leaving Rainbase to head off the rebels in the capital city of Alubarna, Luffy gets pulled aside by Crocodile for some cozy one-on-one time! With only three minutes to fight, can Luffy take on the sand pirate on his domain?! The rest of the crew must help Vivi stop the rebels, but the formidable Officer Agents have been waiting for them at the city gates! Will Vivi be ...more
Published February 3rd 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published September 4th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece, Volume 20, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece, Volume 20

Jeffrey
One thing Eiichiro Oda does far better than Tite Kubo is provide strong spotlight moments for his supporting characters. The other members of the Merry-Go, primarily Usopp, Sanji, and Tony Tony Chopper, get moments to shine as they take on members of Baroque Works. While they're still dealing with lieutenants like any supporting character, they are both challenged and given the opportunity to grow in a fun and entertaining manner.
Ashley
Dec 20, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it
Timothy
Jul 14, 2011 Timothy rated it it was amazing
Novia
Jul 22, 2012 Novia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, one-piece
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno
Marilag
Nov 02, 2012 Marilag rated it really liked it
More notes! Again, no reviews here.

- This is kind of like a hero's journey, what with Luffy getting through the standard "fights, fails, fights, fails, fights a third time, finally wins" adventure. He and Crocodile fight for the first time, with the Round 1 winner being, well, Crocodile.
- Meanwhile, the Mugiwara finally make it to Alubarna, and they split up to fight the Number Agents of Baroque Works.
- Not much really happens here, just a lot of teasers to the fights to come, really.
- Oh, I sup
Kurami Rocket
Jun 26, 2015 Kurami Rocket rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Compared to the last vol, this one was a bit disappointing. The battles, I felt was really dragged out and not all that interesting. There were moments which I felt, tried too hard be emotional. Hopefully the next vol doesn't drag as much.
Frahorus
May 23, 2016 Frahorus rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Rufy perde nei confronti di Crocodile ma viene inspiegabilmente salvato da Robin. La principessa Bibi non riesce a fermare la battaglia di Alubarna e intanto Usopp e Chopper combattono contro Mr. 4, sconfiggendolo.
Thanh
Feb 02, 2016 Thanh added it
(since I'm too lazy to add all volumes I'm only going to mark every other 10th volume as read)
Patricia
Mar 29, 2013 Patricia rated it it was amazing
I'm not really interested in reviewing this series, but I want to have a recap for myself, in case I'm searching for a specific scene in the future, which is why I actually plan to reread the whole series in 2012.

- Cover-Win!
- Miss All-Sunday is finally being addressed as "Nico Robin"
- Luffy and Crocodile fight, Luffy loses but is sorta saved by Nico Robin. Pell (who previously lost a fight against Robin) is there, too.
- IGARAM IS STILL ALIVE!
- Usopp and Chopper win against Miss Merry Christmas
Tsering
Sep 06, 2014 Tsering rated it it was amazing
Luffy cannot lose. He never loses a battle!
Sakurahan
Jan 12, 2016 Sakurahan rated it really liked it
Good! Filled with swashbuckling action!
S. J.
Jun 14, 2013 S. J. rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: The Anime
Aug 24, 2015 Oliver rated it really liked it
h0
Robert Beveridge
Sep 15, 2009 Robert Beveridge rated it really liked it
Eiichiro Oda, One Piece: Showdown at Alubarna (ViZ, 1997)

The final showdown between the rebels and the Palace Guard is here... or is it? This is the first time in One Piece that it's seemed to me that Oda's just drawing out the storyline, and pieces of this volume are close to incomprehensible. When Oda's on his game, this is is good as any One Piece volume so far, but that doesn't happen 100% of the time here. Hopefully it'll get back on track soon. ***
Krul Tepes
Nov 13, 2013 Krul Tepes rated it really liked it
Shelves: one-piece
I was hanging on to the book when I was reading it! I mean, Luffy got beaten by Crocodile and Kohza passed Vivi during the battle! She was right there! They were so close but all that dust made it impossible to see.
Anna
Feb 11, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Crocodile/Luffy mini-fight, more running like mad thru the desert, and at last! The Alubarna madhouse battle begins: StrawHat pirates! Baroque Works! Alabasta Army! bazillion rebels!
Sara
Everything's getting so tense! Loved Usop and Chopper's fight, it was great : )
Can't wait for the Luffy and Mr Zero showdown though, because they never really got to finish.
Levi
Sep 14, 2012 Levi rated it liked it
The adventures of Luffy are great! I never get tired of this series. I'm only 20 books in and I think Oda is somewhere in the 60s with it. A fun adventure, no matter your age.
Joy
Feb 10, 2010 Joy rated it it was ok
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 18 Agustus 2004.
Soul
Feb 02, 2013 Soul rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Going great can't stop now.. picking up next volume right away :)
Piotr
a setup for more fighting.
Jessica
Mar 25, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Wish I got the next one.
Michael Urciuoli
Moses
Moses added it
Jun 27, 2016
Caitlyn
Caitlyn rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2016
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 巻ノ三十七
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 10 (Fairy Tail, #10)
  • Bleach―ブリーチ― [Burīchi] 35 (Bleach, #35)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 8: Taopaipai and Master Karin (Dragon Ball, #8)
208650