Start by marking “One Piece, Volume 20: Showdown at Alubarna (One Piece, #20)” as Want to Read:
One Piece, Volume 20: Showdown at Alubarna (One Piece, #20)

One Piece, Volume 20: Showdown at Alubarna (One Piece #20)

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  2,364 ratings  ·  22 reviews
When leaving Rainbase to head off the rebels in the capital city of Alubarna, Luffy gets pulled aside by Crocodile for some cozy one-on-one time! With only three minutes to fight, can Luffy take on the sand pirate on his domain?! The rest of the crew must help Vivi stop the rebels, but the formidable Officer Agents have been waiting for them at the city gates! Will Vivi be ...more
Published February 3rd 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published September 4th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece, Volume 20, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece, Volume 20

Jeffrey
One thing Eiichiro Oda does far better than Tite Kubo is provide strong spotlight moments for his supporting characters. The other members of the Merry-Go, primarily Usopp, Sanji, and Tony Tony Chopper, get moments to shine as they take on members of Baroque Works. While they're still dealing with lieutenants like any supporting character, they are both challenged and given the opportunity to grow in a fun and entertaining manner.
Timothy
Novia
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno
Marilag
More notes! Again, no reviews here.

- This is kind of like a hero's journey, what with Luffy getting through the standard "fights, fails, fights, fails, fights a third time, finally wins" adventure. He and Crocodile fight for the first time, with the Round 1 winner being, well, Crocodile.
- Meanwhile, the Mugiwara finally make it to Alubarna, and they split up to fight the Number Agents of Baroque Works.
- Not much really happens here, just a lot of teasers to the fights to come, really.
- Oh, I sup
Kurami Rocket
Compared to the last vol, this one was a bit disappointing. The battles, I felt was really dragged out and not all that interesting. There were moments which I felt, tried too hard be emotional. Hopefully the next vol doesn't drag as much.
Patricia
I'm not really interested in reviewing this series, but I want to have a recap for myself, in case I'm searching for a specific scene in the future, which is why I actually plan to reread the whole series in 2012.

- Cover-Win!
- Miss All-Sunday is finally being addressed as "Nico Robin"
- Luffy and Crocodile fight, Luffy loses but is sorta saved by Nico Robin. Pell (who previously lost a fight against Robin) is there, too.
- IGARAM IS STILL ALIVE!
- Usopp and Chopper win against Miss Merry Christmas
Tsering
Luffy cannot lose. He never loses a battle!
S. J.
Jun 14, 2013 S. J. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: The Anime
Amy Yeap
Robert Beveridge
Eiichiro Oda, One Piece: Showdown at Alubarna (ViZ, 1997)

The final showdown between the rebels and the Palace Guard is here... or is it? This is the first time in One Piece that it's seemed to me that Oda's just drawing out the storyline, and pieces of this volume are close to incomprehensible. When Oda's on his game, this is is good as any One Piece volume so far, but that doesn't happen 100% of the time here. Hopefully it'll get back on track soon. ***
Karma Akabane
I was hanging on to the book when I was reading it! I mean, Luffy got beaten by Crocodile and Kohza passed Vivi during the battle! She was right there! They were so close but all that dust made it impossible to see.
Anna
Feb 11, 2013 Anna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Crocodile/Luffy mini-fight, more running like mad thru the desert, and at last! The Alubarna madhouse battle begins: StrawHat pirates! Baroque Works! Alabasta Army! bazillion rebels!
Sara
Everything's getting so tense! Loved Usop and Chopper's fight, it was great : )
Can't wait for the Luffy and Mr Zero showdown though, because they never really got to finish.
Levi
The adventures of Luffy are great! I never get tired of this series. I'm only 20 books in and I think Oda is somewhere in the 60s with it. A fun adventure, no matter your age.
Joy
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 18 Agustus 2004.
Soul
Feb 02, 2013 Soul rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Going great can't stop now.. picking up next volume right away :)
Piotr
a setup for more fighting.
Jessica
Wish I got the next one.
Michael Urciuoli
it was very epic
Miguel
Miguel added it
Sep 03, 2015
Jaycee Lam
Jaycee Lam is currently reading it
Sep 01, 2015
Perla
Perla marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Amanda Wolf
Amanda Wolf marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 10 (Fairy Tail, #10)
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 51 巻ノ五十一
  • Bleach―ブリーチ― [Burīchi] 35 (Bleach, #35)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 9: Test of the All-Seeing Crone (Dragon Ball, #9)
208650
See also 尾田 栄一郎

Eiichiro Oda (尾田 栄一郎 Oda Eiichirō) is a Japanese manga artist, best known as the creator of the manga and anime One Piece.

As a child, Oda was inspired by Akira Toriyama's works and aspired to become a manga artist. He recalls that his interest in pirates was probably sparked by the popular TV animation series titled Vicky the Viking. He submitted a character named Pandaman for Yudet
More about Eiichiro Oda...

One Piece (1 - 10 of 80 books)
  • One Piece, Volume 01: Romance Dawn (One Piece, #1)
  • One Piece, Volume 02: Buggy the Clown (One Piece, #2)
  • One Piece, Volume 03: Don't Get Fooled Again (One Piece, #3)
  • One Piece, Volume 04: The Black Cat Pirates (One Piece, #4)
  • One Piece, Volume 05: For Whom the Bell Tolls (One Piece, #5)
  • One Piece, Volume 06: The Oath (One Piece, #6)
  • One Piece, Volume 07: The Crap-Geezer (One Piece, #7)
  • One Piece, Volume 08: I Won't Die (One Piece, #8)
  • One Piece, Volume 09: Tears (One Piece, #9)
  • One Piece, Volume 10: OK, Let's Stand Up! (One Piece, #10)
One Piece, Volume 01: Romance Dawn (One Piece, #1) One Piece, Volume 38: Rocketman!! (One Piece, #38) One Piece, Volume 08: I Won't Die (One Piece, #8) One Piece, Volume 06: The Oath (One Piece, #6) One Piece, Volume 02: Buggy the Clown (One Piece, #2)