Start by marking “Story Of George Washington” as Want to Read:
Story Of George Washington

Story Of George Washington

This little board book briefly and simply tells the story of George Washington, the first President of the United States. Parents can use this book to introduce the person of Washington to very young children through simple words and bright pictures
Board Book, 26 pages
Published October 1st 2000 by WorthyKids/ideals (first published September 25th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Story Of George Washington, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Story Of George Washington

Haley Hardwick
May 09, 2015 Haley Hardwick rated it it was ok
Personal Reaction: I didn't really enjoy this book solely because I do not like history, and didn't find this book very interesting. But, I do think it would be a great book to introduce to elementary students, and it gives good information on who George Washington was.

Purpose/Use in Classroom: This book would be great for a read aloud during a unit on history, particularly on historical figures. It would also be great to use during a history unit on the US presidents. This could also be used f
Marie
Jun 12, 2016 Marie rated it really liked it
I love GW, so I was SUPER EXCITED to get a board book bio for the little one. However... Board book length kinda OVERsimplifies aspects. And it perpetuates the cherry tree urban legend. But still, overall, 4 of 5 stars for starting the conversation AND just for existing! How many people are awesome enough to get immortalized in a board book?!?
Tsuyu Ko
Mar 26, 2012 Tsuyu Ko rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography
We all know who George Washington is. He is one of the most important people in American History. The book is full of colors. The story of the book is by chronological order which students can have really good timeline in mind. One of the big reasons why I pick this book not only because he is the first president in America but also I have been to his house two times : )
Kalynn
Oct 02, 2009 Kalynn added it
Read to my daughter, very good book to teach a kindergartner about George Washington.
Jim
Sep 03, 2011 Jim rated it did not like it
my favorite picture was of the happy black people working george's farm and waving to him
Jeremy
Apr 13, 2013 Jeremy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: eli-s-books
Eli loved it!
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Anita
Anita added it
Aug 11, 2016
Kara
Kara added it
Jul 17, 2016
Jesse Payno
Jesse Payno marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Emily Myhren
Emily Myhren rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Lisa Belott
Lisa Belott marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Stacey Allen
Stacey Allen marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Kelly Eagan
Kelly Eagan marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Dana Wrady
Dana Wrady marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Mills
Mills marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Sarah added it
Aug 08, 2015
debra peyton
debra peyton rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2015
Jlauschayahoo.Com
Jlauschayahoo.Com marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Ricarda De pérez
Ricarda De pérez marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Sonia Munawar
Sonia Munawar marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Dempsey
Dempsey marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015