Start by marking “X-Factor: The Only Game In Town” as Want to Read:
X-Factor: The Only Game In Town

X-Factor: The Only Game In Town (X-Factor vol. III #5)

Following the events of Messiah CompleX, X-Factor Investigations is in shambles. Jamie is a basketcase from his trip to a nightmarish future, Layla's fate is completely in the air, and Wolfsbane has to leave the team to join X-Force, though none of her friends can know about it. What will Wolfsbane tell the X-Factor team? What are they going to do about Layla? How is Jamie ...more
Published October 8th 2008 by Marvel (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about X-Factor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X-Factor

X-Men by Chris ClaremontX-Men by Chris ClaremontAstonishing X-Men, Volume 1 by Joss WhedonAstonishing X-Men Omnibus by Joss WhedonX-Men by Chris Claremont
X-Men Trade Paperbacks
103rd out of 205 books — 80 voters
The Infinity Gauntlet by Jim StarlinAstonishing X-Men, Volume 1 by Joss WhedonX-Men by Chris ClaremontMarvels by Kurt BusiekX-Men by Chris Claremont
Best of Marvel Comics
186th out of 429 books — 137 voters

More lists with this book...

Stephen
Jan 25, 2016 Stephen rated it liked it
description

Following the events of the Messiah Complex event, X-Factor Investigations is in complete shambles. Layla is missing, Rahne wants to leave X-Factor to join Wolverine's X-Force team, but she can't tell any of here friends because nobody can know about X-Force.

Rahne get into a fight with and Jamie calls her a coward and its then that she reveals a part of why she's leaving is the vision she is having about him and Layla. Rahne says her goodbyes to Monet but only leaves a note for Rictor.

Aracde al
Feather Mista
Apr 18, 2014 Feather Mista rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Los mismos
Recommended to Feather by: Autor y serie
Lo tengo en la edición de Panini (#s 25 al 28) desde hace rato, pero recién me lo leí cuando me prestaron Complejo de Mesías. Como sea, me pone contento tener otro tomo de X-Factor sumando revistitas. La saga me gustó bastante pero Arcade, el gran villano, me parece insoportable, así que lo uso como excusa para poner el tomo un poco por debajo de otros de la serie. Como también me leí el one-shot de Layla Miller (#29 español) que me gustó mucho, podría haberlo promediado para arriba. Pero como ...more
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Still a great series. Hoping to be able to find the next volume somewhere.
Christina Azzo
Oct 19, 2015 Christina Azzo rated it liked it
Another good volume of X-Factor! I felt like Rictor got some good character development moments. I like how the story shows his character struggle with his power loss and grow because of it. I appreciate how he is also often the voice for the former mutants that have lost their powers as well. Monet and Strong guy offer some much needed comic relief in a rather serious story of what is happening to Mutant Town and how dangerous it is for the Mutants and former Mutants there. The art fits well ...more
J.
Oct 18, 2014 J. rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This has a lot of really nice moments in it--comedy, tragedy, angst, bitchiness. The pacing is a little weird, because the beginning is really just the aftermath of the previous volume, then the middle ramps up quite a bit, but it's over sort of suddenly. Then there's a tacked-on one-shot about Quicksilver. But let's be honest: we're not really reading this series for the plotting (which is a little sporadic: brilliant one moment, weak the next), but for the character moments. So on that front, ...more
Rachael
Jan 29, 2011 Rachael rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, 2011
I'm sick in bed so I'm powering through these books. Peter David does a great job of following up on the stuff that went down during the X-Men crossover Messiah complex, including having the characters think and talk about the plots that aren't yet resolved and moving along some plots we've been waiting for. Classic snappy dialogue. Could have used more Layla Miller (yes, she's creepy, but interesting stuff happens when she's around).
Lydia Mccallister
Mar 18, 2015 Lydia Mccallister rated it liked it
I love X-Factor as a series. I mean, X-men plus noir, yes! This book definitely seems to be a weak point in the story though. It felt like not much is going on. There's no character development, and a weird antagonist. Arcade, again? Really. Bluh. Where's my Layla and my Rahne! I'm really going to miss her character in these stories. Boo. I'm giving it three stars instead of two because hopefully it'll pick back up next series.
Matthew Ledrew
Jan 13, 2016 Matthew Ledrew rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, x-men, reviewed
Peter David is becoming a major inspiration to me. He seems to have the ability to take any situation or status quo change that editorial shoves at him and incorporate it into the story HE wanted to tell better than the writers who were no doubt behind the change to begin with. This book is the shining example of everything that is right with X-Men comics.
Labyrinth
Features Arcade, a villain I find to be fun actually. It's natural to have a negative reaction to this book, I think, because X-Factor is topsy turvy. Layla is gone. Rahne is leaving. There is effectively no more Mutant Town. The only bright moment is Siren's news. The books is in transition, and transitions tend to feel awkward.
Todd
Pietro gets his powers back, without real explanation. The story is still good despite the lack of real reason.

X-Factor learns the problem with being a public target. They get back to being a place for people with unusual problems. This is another great volume in David's long run.
Matt
Nov 10, 2011 Matt rated it liked it
Shelves: x-factor
Probably my least favorite X-Factot story, mostly because I usually have problems with stories of groups disintegrating until they face something that's too big for them on their own. It always strikes me as a little tone-deaf.
Lord
Aug 17, 2011 Lord rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, marvel
Arcade? Really? I take it as a 80th X-Men tribute and I for sure don't considering one of the more interesting chapters in X-Factor history. But then Peter David is still a good writer and X-Factor is still better tan the main X-Men series.
Jedhua
My Brief Bookshelf Overview: amusing, emotional, exciting-premise, likable-or-deep-characters, mature, suspenseful-or-engaging
Angela
May 02, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is worth it for th Quicksilver story. The rest is an interesting look at how a team survives that has X in the title when the xmen are no more.
Thomas
Dec 05, 2015 Thomas rated it really liked it
Story was a transition, but was at least freed from the burden of other stuff in the universe. Enjoyed it.
Jdetrick
I'm not sure if its the fault of the book that this collection seems to ramble a little and is unfocused. It seems that the title became the victim of those cursed crossovers.
Zoe
Zoe rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2012
Jacobi
Jan 31, 2015 Jacobi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trades-read
I would give this 2.5 stars, but I'll settle on 3 because I liked this more than I didn't.
Liba D
Liba D rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2014
James Hamlin
James Hamlin rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2015
Davide Quartucci
Davide Quartucci rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Nurphs
Nurphs rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
John Elsner
John Elsner rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2012
Sagi
Sagi rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2012
David Edmonds
David Edmonds rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2012
Sarah rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Justin Cole
Justin Cole rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Steve
Steve rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2016
Vicki
Vicki rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
  • X-Men: Second Coming Revelations
  • Young Avengers (Hardcover)
  • New X-Men: Academy X, Vol. 3: X-Posed
  • X-Men: S.W.O.R.D.: No Time to Breathe
  • Guardians of the Galaxy/All-New X-Men: The Trial of Jean Grey
  • New Mutants Classic, Vol. 3
aka David Peters

Peter Allen David (often abbreviated PAD) is an American writer, best known for his work in comic books and Star Trek novels. David often jokingly describes his occupation as "Writer of Stuff". David is noted for his prolific writing, characterized by its mingling of real world issues with humor and references to popular culture. He also uses metafiction frequently, usually to hum
More about Peter David...

X-Factor vol. III (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • X-Factor: Madrox - Multiple Choice