Hello! Is This Grandma?

Hello! Is This Grandma?

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  13 reviews
You're trying to reach Grandma to wish her a happy birthday and whoops, you dial the wrong number. Who might you get on the phone instead? Lift the flaps & see—you might reach a sheep, or a duck, or a cow, even a cranky crocodile. Children ages 3-7 will love the riot of wrong numbers & what is behind the flaps.
Published March 1st 2008 by Tiger Tales (first published May 7th 2007)

Meghan
A contemporary grandma tale that has a sweet take on how much babies and toddlers love the phone. Cute illustrations and a nice rhythm to the text. I especially like the message at the end - talking on your phone at the table is very rude (it's not too early to emphasize this if cellphone etiquette in the library is any indication).
Michelle
I like the concept of this book but I feel that so much more could have been done to make the lift the flap parts more engaging. A clue as to what would be under the flap would draw the children into the story more and allow the reader to ask the child questions and point to clues about what the hidden animal is.
Kristin
I can't wait to try this one in Family Storytime! It's a cute read aloud about a little boy who tries to call his Grandma but keeps getting the wrong number and calling a variety of wacky animals instead. I know my Storytime kids will love to make the phone noises!
Tricia
little boy can't seem to get grandma on the phone but instead calls a sheep, cow and duck. fun illustrations. fold out pages to expose who he has called. crocodile who invited the boy over for "logan soup" is left hungry and frustrated.
Kelly
Corbin loves this story about a boy that is trying to call his grandma, but instead dials the number to sheep, cow, duck, and crocodile. My son loves the phone, so this was a great read for him. The illustrations are sweet too.
Kara
Since I added this one, we've read this book at least 10 times! My kids just love it, and since I like it too, I'm willing to read it over and over again.
Kylie
Hallie's current favorite "grandma" books. She pretty much has it memorized, but she still pulls it out and wants grandma to read it to her.
Paula

A little boy tries to call and invite his grandmother to his house for her birthday party, but dials the numbers for duck, cow, and sheep instead.
Ashley Borman
Sep 16, 2012 Ashley Borman added it
Shelves: uwm-645
very fun lift the flap book about a boy trying to call his grandma and dialing the wrong number every time.
Angie
The illustrations are colorful, but that's all I liked about this book.
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Akshay
Akshay marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Landon
Landon marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2013
Julie
Julie added it
Jul 20, 2013
Luci Davin
Luci Davin marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Little Wolf's Book of Badness (Middle Grade Fiction) Harry and the Bucketful of Dinosaurs The Unvisibles (Anak-Anak Transparan) Harry and the Dinosaurs Say "Raahh!" Harry and the Dinosaurs Go To School (Harry and the Dinosaurs)