Start by marking “Pocket Muse 2: Endless Inspiration for Writers” as Want to Read:
Pocket Muse 2: Endless Inspiration for Writers

Pocket Muse 2: Endless Inspiration for Writers

Offering an incredible spectrum of writing prompts, photos, and advice, The Pocket Muse: Endless Inspiration provides you with the same unique and stimulating approach to writing as the original Pocket Muse--this time, featuring advice for all types of writing including fiction of all genres, nonfiction, and poetry.
Published June 29th 2009 by Writer's Digest Books (first published November 8th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Pocket Muse 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pocket Muse 2

Apr 02, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
This is an aesthetically pleasing book to look at that contains advice and inspiring prompts for writers. It has great vignettes, quotes from authors, pictures, and prompts. Sprinkled throughout the book are tips on revision and style, too.

As writers we all sometimes need inspiration, and I found this to be more innovative and palatable than many other books out there. As teachers we often struggle with providing our students with authentic writing prompts that will engage them. This is a great
Rebecca N. McKinnon
May 01, 2016 Rebecca N. McKinnon is currently reading it
Re-reading The Pocket Muse #1 and reading this one, its sequel, for the first time this month for Story a Day in May. I'm going to read all the prompts, write daily off my choice of them, and update this review with my favorite prompt at the end of May. Happy #SADIM!
Megbot
Apr 02, 2012 Megbot rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book really made me get off my rear and start writing again. It's short and to the point, and thats what I need. I don't want a lot of mumbo jumbo telling me how to get my mind going. Give me ideas, and I'll put my own twists on them.
Lisa
Apr 02, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read
I really like this little book. I have indeed come back to it again and again for inspiration. I like posting on my livejournal, and sometimes my topics get dry, so turning to books like these always helps.
As the author notes, this is a book more about dealing with frustration and writer's block than her other books on the topic--because the author was experiencing that at the time. So there's a sense of frustration to a lot of it--could be helpful for someone else in the same situation, though...
Jill
Apr 02, 2012 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And a second book with photographs and writing tips & inspiration designed to please the eye with nice graphic design. Good stuff.
Alan
May 26, 2012 Alan rated it liked it
Intersting writing prompts and motivational lessons for readers. More thoughts here: http://eyesandearsblog.blogspot.com/2...
Sara
Apr 02, 2012 Sara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: writing, read-in-2011
I LOVED this. I connected with it more than I have most other books or sources of prompts or inspiration. This would be great in a school, too.
Hairil
Jun 24, 2014 Hairil rated it liked it
A good accompaniment/sequel to the first issue.
Laura Guilbault
Jan 29, 2016 Laura Guilbault rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Writers with writer's block
This book, like the first Pocket Muse, has a ton of inspiration for writers.
There were pictures, quotes, and inspirational texts that helped me with writer's block.
Elise
Jul 19, 2012 Elise rated it really liked it
It was more of how-to-write instead of writing inspiration, but the advice is really good. Really liked it, and it is settled next to the first one in reach on my bed.
Lm
Lm rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2013
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Tara
Tara rated it it was amazing
Robin
Robin rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2012
Challis
Challis rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Tesh
Tesh rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2013
Sherry
Sherry rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2012
James
James rated it really liked it
Molly Moore
Molly Moore rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2012
Julie Howlin
Julie Howlin rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2014
Beth Macdonald
Beth Macdonald rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2014
Lynn
Lynn rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2014
Macy
Macy rated it really liked it
Debi
Jan 09, 2013 Debi added it
Book two of The Pocket Muse...only two...I wish this author would write MORE.
Liz DeJesus
Liz DeJesus rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2012
JEO Ocean
JEO Ocean rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2015
Tom
Tom rated it really liked it
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2016
MuchofMadness
MuchofMadness rated it it was amazing
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Writers Book of Matches: 1,001 Prompts to Ignite Your Fiction
  • The Write-Brain Workbook
  • The 3 A.M. Epiphany: Uncommon Writing Exercises That Transform Your Fiction
  • Rip the Page!: Adventures in Creative Writing
  • Naming the World: And Other Exercises for the Creative Writer
  • What If?: Writing Exercises for Fiction Writers
  • The Writer's Idea Book
  • What Would Your Character Do?: Personality Quizzes for Analyzing Your Characters
  • The Daily Writer: 366 Meditations To Cultivate A Productive And Meaningful Writing Life
  • A Writer's Book of Days: A Spirited Companion and Lively Muse for the Writing Life
  • Writing the Breakout Novel Workbook: Hands-On Help for Making Your Novel Stand Out and Succeed
  • Walking on Alligators: A Book of Meditations for Writers
  • Room to Write: Daily Invitations to a Writer's Life
  • The Writer's Digest Character Naming Sourcebook
  • Bullies, Bastards & Bitches: How to Write the Bad Guys of Fiction
  • Novelist's Boot Camp: 101 Ways to Take Your Book From Boring to Bestseller
  • Page After Page: Discover the Confidence & Passion You Need to Start Writing & Keep Writing (No Matter What!)
  • The Writer's Guide to Character Traits: Includes Profiles of Human Behaviors and Personality Types
Monica Wood is the author of four works of fiction, most recently Any Bitter Thing, which spent 21 weeks on the American Booksellers Association extended bestseller list and was named a Book Sense Top Ten pick. Her other fiction includes Ernie’s Ark and My Only Story, a finalist for the Kate Chopin Award.
More about Monica Wood...

“A single task won't crush your spirit. Give yourself a break” 2 likes