Start by marking “Sacred Space: Enhancing the energy of your home and office” as Want to Read:
Sacred Space: Enhancing the energy of your home and office

Sacred Space: Enhancing the energy of your home and office

'Our homes are mirrors of ourselves. Through them we can interface with the universe.'

Everything in the universe is composed of constantly changing energy, including our homes and their contents. By clearing and enhancing this energy, we can turn our living spaces not only into sanctuaries for ourselves but also into places which radiate positive energy for the benefit of
Paperback, 10th Anniversary Updated Edition, 326 pages
Published April 7th 2005 by Rider (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Sacred Space, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacred Space

Sharon French
Jun 07, 2009 Sharon French rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was in a bookstore, browsing the shelf and this book fell on me. I looked at it, put it back on the shelf... it kept falling on me, so I just had to buy it. Wonderful, insightful and interesting read.
H Svinos
Jan 12, 2017 H Svinos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read and insightful. With an A to Z of all you need to know. Will be an often go to book for me.
P N
A great reference book.
Kati
Sep 03, 2012 Kati rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
An excellent book for both novices and experts in space-clearing. It is packed with tons of information about various technqiues from different cultures that are useful for the home, apartment and office so if you are looking for a comprehensive book on the subject, this one is definately the way to go. This will definately servce as a reference book in the future and is worth rereading as there is a lot of information packed into this seemingly small book.

While the author covers feng shui techn
Inara
Jun 24, 2007 Inara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Inara by: people who are interested in spaceclearing
Title of the German edition:
Die Magie des Wohnens

In this wonderful and inspiring book Denise Linn shows many techniques for clearing and upgrading the energies of your home and how to create power- and energy centers. She also gives many suggestions for spaceclearing rituals with the four elements (each element has its own chapter) you can use at once and describes simple and useful rituals and ceremonies with aroma therapy, sacred sounds, crystals, the significance of pets and the use of symbol
Regina
Apr 20, 2014 Regina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What drew me to this book was not what kept me interested. I love this book!! it has everything i wondered about about energy especially in your home and other places. it offers many methods and gives many equal alternative tools that can be used. it is a manual that looks at all aspects of energy of the home from emotions, ley lines, ghosts, stale energy, sickness, natural vibrations, feng shui and much much more.
Kathy Vitcak
Jul 19, 2011 Kathy Vitcak rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book will so help you organize and clear your home on a spiritual level. Yes, we all love our decluttering books (thank you, Peter Walsh). But this book delves into the spiritual aspect of how to truly clear your home.

This book is a classic space clearing, feng shui book that belongs on every bookshelf.
Kelly
May 10, 2008 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an odd book for me -- it's much more mystical and "out there" than anything I would regularly read. On the other hand, a lot of her mystical techniques worked on a practical level. Also, when I'm writing, sometimes her mystical stuff will provide a good idea for a motif or theme in a story.
Tori Montes
Oct 30, 2015 Tori Montes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is very comprehensive. I skipped some areas I wasn't interested in and hit ones I was like Numerology. What number house I live it. And some ideas on the emotions correlated with different smells like Jasmine and Eucalyptus. I got some great ideas on opening my house up and bringing in more light.
Ann Kucera
Jan 05, 2013 Ann Kucera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: feng-shui
Sacred Space by Denise Linn is a very thorough reference book on energy and space clearing. Denise explains the four steps of a space clearing in detail: preparation, purification, invocation and preservation. You come away with everything you need to clear energy from your office or home.
Deirdre
Sep 16, 2012 Deirdre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting look at how to go about improving the energy in your house in order to improve your life. A lot of it is very practical and not as complicated as other people do things. It's also quite non-prescriptive and encourages people to do their own thing.
Heidi
Jun 04, 2011 Heidi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Borrowed this one from Teeni and enjoyed it. Not sure I will put all recommended space clearning techniques into practice, but definately things to think about during my ongoing project to feng shui our home.
Sarahanne
Mar 14, 2016 Sarahanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a beautifully book. It has great ideas & concepts. Not all of them work for me but, in general, the writing is very open & accepting. That makes it a comfortable read & a useful resource. A good one to pull off the shelf when you feel the need to freshen up energetically.
Pasqualine
Sep 08, 2015 Pasqualine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Teeni
Oct 12, 2009 Teeni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More technical than the Creating Sacred Space with Feng Shui book I added a while ago, but still good enough that I bought a used copy on Amazon. I'm glad I did.
Francy
May 18, 2011 Francy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting, especially when moving into a new place
Lisa
Nov 23, 2009 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sacred Space by Denise Linn (1995)
Patti
Sep 24, 2011 Patti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Used to own 1998-2005.
Alice
Nov 19, 2012 Alice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: metaphysics
Love this book! Get this book & improve your home life!
Mia
Nov 25, 2008 Mia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
this was a great book that was pretty much feng shui. it does talk about spirits and angels,
Leesa Wilson
Jun 11, 2012 Leesa Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Beautiful and helpful book for creating sacred space in your home. Denise covers many subjects related to clearing, numerology and blessings. I refer to this book often.
Sara Stuckey
I started reading this one but haven't finished it. It's really more of a "work-through" book. GREAT advice.
Shannon
Very indepth rituals for specific clearings.
Andrea
Feb 13, 2013 Andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely read on cleaning, clearing, detoxing your personal space. I love this book, as well as, The Secret Language of Signs.
Natalie
Dec 27, 2013 Natalie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read, good specifics.
Luce Cronin
Feb 28, 2016 Luce Cronin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the kind of book that takes many months to read... so full of new concepts and ideas and experiments. I will be working on this one for a long time.
Christy Baker
Christy Baker rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Trish
Trish rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2010
Denise
Denise rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2012
  • Interior Design with Feng Shui
  • Creating Sacred Space With Feng Shui
  • Positive Energy: 10 Extraordinary Prescriptions for Transforming Fatigue, Stress, and Fear Into Vibrance, Strength, and Love
  • Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life: How to Use Feng Shui to Get Love, Money, Respect, and Happiness
  • The Sedona Method
  • The Western Guide to Feng Shui--Room by Room
  • Creating the Not So Big House: Insights and Ideas for the New American Home (Susanka)
  • Power Spellcraft for Life: The Art of Crafting and Casting for Positive Change
  • Developing Intuition: Practical Guidance for Daily Life
  • Charms, Spells, and Formulas: For the Making and Use of Gris Gris Bags, Herb Candles, Doll Magic, Incenses, Oils, and Powders
  • Creating a Charmed Life: Sensible, Spiritual Secrets Every Busy Woman Should Know
  • A Year of Living Consciously: 365 Daily Inspirations for Creating a Life of Passion and Purpose
  • Dancing with the Wheel: The Medicine Wheel Workbook
  • Be A Goddess! A Guide to Celtic Spells and Wisdom for Self-Healing, Prosperity and Great Sex
  • Imagine a Woman in Love with Herself: Embracing Your Wisdom and Wholeness
  • Blessings
  • Psychic Development for Beginners: An Easy Guide to Releasing and Developing Your Psychic Abilities (For Beginners (Llewellyn's))
  • The Alchemy of Nine Dimensions: The 2011/2012 Prophecies and Nine Dimensions of Consciousness
Denise Linn’s personal journey began as a result of a near-death experience at age 17. Her life-changing experiences and remarkable recovery set her on a spiritual quest that led her to explore the healing traditions of many cultures, including those of her own Cherokee ancestors, the Aborigines in the Australian bush, and the Zulus in Bophuthatswana. She trained with a Hawaiian kahuna (shaman), a ...more
More about Denise Linn...